Do NOT Buy for VR if you are a Trophy Hunter - No trophy support

thefourfoldroot

Am i the only one thinking its a good decision actually ?

Obviously with all the motion controls (which are terrible in my opinion) involved with psvr2, we could not play the vanilla version of the game, especially in hard difficulty.

I think for vr games enabling trophy or not should always be an option because of motion sickness. Only enable when you know you can play the game and finish it.

Edited by Shorah-
  • Like 2

Sadly you are not the only person to think this way, and it's always the same with these posts,  so passive aggressive and entitled, people get turned down when reading half of that, love this forum and the community but I'm really getting tired of the same, childish bs on a daily basis.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Shorah- said:

Am i the only one thinking its a good decision actually ?

Obviously with all the motion controls (which are terrible in my opinion) involved with psvr2, we could not play the vanilla version of the game, especially in hard difficulty.

I think for vr games enabling trophy or not should always be an option because of motion sickness. Only enable when you know you can play the game and finish it.

That’s a strange thought. Having full depth perception and 1-1 movement would make a game slightly easier if anything. Motion sickness…well maybe. Honestly, I was expecting to just share a trophy list so people had a choice and can switch between, which is why I didn’t even play the game in pancake mode and waited a long time for the VR version.

4 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

I don't understand the reactions to this thread. This is still a trophy site, correct? 

If I bought a game expecting trophies and there were none, I'd be pissed too. 

It was bad enough that our saves didn't carry over to the VR update, but for trophies to not be supported either? That's a very, very strange thing to see. 

So strange that I'm assuming it's an oversight and will be corrected soon.

Yes, I’m hoping the new trophy list simply isn’t live and they rushed it out for day one. Fingers crossed. And yes, the reactions are rather…reactionary, but I just don’t engage.

Edited by thefourfoldroot

" No Interest to play without Trophie Support and no interest outside of VR " . WOW . Just WOW. So you are only interested in RE Village because of the VR Mode? Resident Evil is one of the best Gaming Series of all Time and this sentence is just sad because Resident Evil Village is an awesome Game. Only Resident Evil that failed in my opinion is Resident Evil 6. Im playing many Resident Evil Games over and over just for Fun. YES. FUN. F-U-N. This is really a thing that can exist in gaming. LOL

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mr_Bandicoot93 said:

" No Interest to play without Trophie Support and no interest outside of VR " . WOW . Just WOW. So you are only interested in RE Village because of the VR Mode? Resident Evil is one of the best Gaming Series of all Time and this sentence is just sad because Resident Evil Village is an awesome Game. Only Resident Evil that failed in my opinion is Resident Evil 6. Im playing many Resident Evil Games over and over just for Fun. YES. FUN. F-U-N. This is really a thing that can exist in gaming. LOL

After I’ve played it in VR, no, I would not have fun with it in flat. Look at my trophy list here and you’ll see I’m neither a serious trophy hunter nor have I played much resident evil at all (I played them all back on ps1, plus 5 on n the 360). In VR however, games are elevated to where I would enjoy those I wouldn’t flat.

• Like 1

It's pretty peculiar that the VR mode wouldn't support trophies... did RE7VR?  If so that makes it even more misleading.  I'm guessing they didn't feel like testing it for unfair trophy achieving glitches so just turned it off altogether.

Definitely worth noting this for trophy collectors, even if I agree the OP is probably a bit too hooked/emotional about it. ;)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I care about trophies, and although it would have been nice to earn them in VR, I dont mind really.

I like trophies because they give my playstyle structure and because I view them as a kind of Record Filing Cabinet, videogames don't really give me any digital rewards personally, just an illusion

A lot of stuff is different in the VR mode, so you likely have to play without VR anyway at some point if you care about trophies. Village of Shadows difficulty isn't in VR I think, I didnt see it there, possibly cant use the Light Saber either but im not sure on all the unlockables there yet though.

Im not sure if VR specific trophies are the way to go on a mainly non-VR game. It would mean players would have to fork out an additional £500 for a few extra trophies, those who care for 100% lists.

Ive only played for an hour and was getting an headache, havent been back since, i'd like to do a speedrun on the VR mode, not sure if will ever get to it though.

The hardest difficulty is available only after first completion (as in the flat game, unless you bought the DLC).

Sorry to hear you got a headache, probably not to do with VR, I was having an amazing time until I learnt I might be wasting my efforts and had to wait for trophy progress tracking to be added.

9 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

It's pretty peculiar that the VR mode wouldn't support trophies... did RE7VR?  If so that makes it even more misleading.  I'm guessing they didn't feel like testing it for unfair trophy achieving glitches so just turned it off altogether.

Definitely worth noting this for trophy collectors, even if I agree the OP is probably a bit too hooked/emotional about it. ;)

I’m intensely disappointed, so I guess that counts as emotional, lol.

And, yes, Res7 had the trophies in VR as it should.

• Like 1

Capcom should integrate support for trophies when using the virtual reality in Resident Evil 8: Village. However, if they never confirmed any such support before you purchased the game and headset, which was suggested in your post, then you can't justifiably blame them for anything.

24 minutes ago, ArtMontef said:

The issue that the game doesn't give you trophies is real. 

Your absolutely extreme reaction is absolutely baffling though. This is half a game? WHAT. Why do people on this site have often such absurdly extreme anger when it comes to trophies? It is beyond comprehension to me. Is it so hard to say "The game is fine, but I would prefer to play it in VR same as REVII, please beware trophies do not pop though"? 

I have seen it over and over again, people that have issue with some small thing make threads and say that thing that irks them completely invalidates the whole game as a whole? Village is a fantastic game, trophies not tracking automatically makes gameplay, writing, graphics, flow, etc invalid? Saying it is HALF A GAME because imaginary jpgs do not pop in free optional mode made for very small percentage of people? We are on trophy hunting website, but I sometimes wonder if some people really enjoy playing games or they just enjoy the numbers go up on their profiles?

Don't get me wrong, there is an issue there, but there is mature way to tackle it and express your disappointment and there is what you are doing. 

I agree I could have expressed myself in a more calm manner, but that wasn’t my intention. My intent was to vent my disappointment and incomprehension and also just warn people who like trophy campaigns that this does not include one. 

For me, without a trophy campaign this is half a game. A narrative campaign is fine, but that means I’d be very unlikely to replay the game again as I’d know the story. Additional tasks are fun for me and keep me focused and having things to do long after the normal part of the game is finished. For me that is essential for continued enjoyment.

5 minutes ago, notandrebraun said:

Capcom should integrate support for trophies when using the virtual reality in Resident Evil 8: Village. However, if they never confirmed any such support before you purchased the game and headset, which was suggested in your post, then you can't justifiably blame them for anything.

Trophy support has always been mandated by Sony, so it is perfectly reasonable to presume this would have trophy support. Even their last Resi game had it in VR. If they were going to lock the trophy campaign just for people who use VR, that should have been made clear before purchase.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 1