Tips - So i just got the platinum

DarkStarSquall

3 minutes ago, And98s said:

Why don't you guys just wait for a fix instead of having a miserable experience with the game?

Who said i had a miserable experience? Unlike many trophy hunter, it was the first time for me playing the game. I didn´t know about the bug until i was at the point of getting magic. It is like stop reading a book midway.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, And98s said:

Why don't you guys just wait for a fix instead of having a miserable experience with the game?

Not everyone is having a "miserable experience" I had a finicky disc and even on emulation this game never worked properly so I never cared much for the spells and the additions always seemed more fun, plus there's no guarantee the game will ever be patched, just wait yourself and let others have fun when they want, people love the arm twisting and tell others how to have fun, getting tired of this.

13 hours ago, DarkStarSquall said:

Thank you very much for the hints, I'm at the last boss and even defeated Faust and the Legendary Dragoons, funny enough their magic never froze anything for me, this game was always finicky even on emulation so it's no surprise really, but never this bad ofc, I'm one of the few who is having a good time with it despite the whole thing with spells....but I never really cared for them tbh, hope to see a patch when I play the PS5 version in the future...if there's one.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 4

I just got platinum a few hours ago. I have the original physical PS1 game from 2001 and still remembered quite a few things. Without using magic and using massive rewind it is possible to get platinum, but it is not the best way.

For all of you who have never played it before, you'd better wait for Sony to come up with a solution or ask for a refund. It is not the correct way to treat a classic of your legacy.

• Like 2

I still remember my "No Materia" run on FF7 back in the day (which actually in the end seemed far easier and quicker too)

I also wondered if a no Dragoon magic run was possible on this game, I guess for most of us, the perfect opportunity for us to try. lol

• Like 2

11 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I still remember my "No Materia" run on FF7 back in the day (which actually in the end seemed far easier and quicker too)

I also wondered if a no Dragoon magic run was possible on this game, I guess for most of us, the perfect opportunity for us to try. lol

I've always finished TLoD without using any magic because my original copy had this same issue, you just need to use Power Boost + Power Down + Speed Up + Speed Down + Psyche Bomb X and any other attack item with Miranda while beating the boss with Albert/Haschel and you'll deal 6k-9k to every boss after Aglis except for the final boss. Before the fourth disc you can use Magic items with Shana/Miranda against bosses. Items are OP if you can manage to get 240-250% every time. Dragoon Magic freeze gave birth to two stars, Shana and Miranda.

Edited by ryuzakix5
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, DarkStarSquall said:

Who said i had a miserable experience? Unlike many trophy hunter, it was the first time for me playing the game. I didn´t know about the bug until i was at the point of getting magic. It is like stop reading a book midway.

It's like having a Ferrari but you can use it up to fourth gear if you use fifth or sixth it breaks lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ryuzakix5 said:

I've always finished TLoD without using any magic because my original copy had this same issue, you just need to use Power Boost + Power Down + Speed Up + Speed Down + Psyche Bomb X and any other attack item with Miranda while beating the boss with Albert/Haschel and you'll deal 6k-9k to every boss after Aglis except for the final boss. Before the fourth disc you can use Magic items with Shana/Miranda against bosses. Items are OP if you can manage to get 240-250% every time. Dragoon Magic freeze gave birth to two stars, Shana and Miranda.

I wish i had your insight of this game when i played it for the first time. Never used Shana or Miranda. Good to know for future runs. ?

4 hours ago, merendero23 said:

It's like having a Ferrari but you can use it up to fourth gear if you use fifth or sixth it breaks lol

We talk about a 10 bucks game, not a car. Calm down.

I had my fair share of fun while playing it so this thread is not about complaining or criticizing like some people might think. Just a point of view.

On 26.2.2023 at 5:33 PM, DarkStarSquall said:

Have a Blast at the Carnival - Play some carnival games - I am not sure about this one. You can do this after you met Haschel and did the tournament. Is it missable?

It is just important that you play at least 3 (different?) games. I tested it: I played one game, left the area, got the Haschel trophy, wenn out of the town to make sure. Then wenn back into the City and played 2 other games. Then I got the trophy. So I think you could still obtain this way later in the game.

On 26.2.2023 at 5:33 PM, DarkStarSquall said:

Wish upon a Star -collect 30 Stardust - This one might look like a missable trophy but it is not

Any stardust is always abailable until you enter the divine tree, so it is just important to keep a save before that event 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2023 at 11:55 AM, And98s said:

I don't get the backlash you got for this genuine question. It's obvious that the game is in limp mode while broken, yet people have trouble summoning the patience to wait just a week or so for it to get fixed. I'm not sure how a game can be fun when you can't use a major portion of the game while constantly having to rewind the final boss in hopes of him using a regular attack but to each their own. People that say they had plenty of fun with it also are the ones to complain about the issues that supposedly didn't impede on their fun, so there's that.

I'm glad I waited for a fix. This is one of my favorite games from when I was a child in the 90s and I didn't want to compromise a fun, nostalgic rerun due to impatience.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alayaes said:

I don't get the backlash you got for this genuine question. It's obvious that the game is in limp mode while broken, yet people have trouble summoning the patience to wait just a week or so for it to get fixed. I'm not sure how a game can be fun when you can't use a major portion of the game while constantly having to rewind the final boss in hopes of him using a regular attack but to each their own. People that say they had plenty of fun with it also are the ones to complain about the issues that supposedly didn't impede on their fun, so there's that.

I'm glad I waited for a fix. This is one of my favorite games from when I was a child in the 90s and I didn't want to compromise a fun, nostalgic rerun due to impatience.

You are all talking about the gameplay perspective. I don´t know why you guys are so adamant about criticizing other preferences or playstyles. Time is valuable for most of us and i enjoyed the game AND the story, even with this bug. I can stress it again: it was my first time playing this classic and i really liked it. Now i am happy to go back and play it again how its meant to be played. 

Stay frosty :3

Edited by DarkStarSquall

15 hours ago, DarkStarSquall said:

You are all talking about the gameplay perspective. I don´t know why you guys are so adamant about criticizing other preferences or playstyles. Time is valuable for most of us and i enjoyed the game AND the story, even with this bug. I can stress it again: it was my first time playing this classic and i really liked it. Now i am happy to go back and play it again how its meant to be played. 

Stay frosty :3

I would wager that addressing the gameplay perspective of a video game is a pretty valid angle. The gameplay perspective was heavily, heavily impacted by the glitches. Not just a few graphical glitches, but flat-out missing out on the main feature of the game. Legend of Dragoon or Legend of Rewind/AdditionsOnlyChallengeRun? If you just wanted the story, you could watch someone else play it on YouTube I suppose.

Then when you look at the thread about the glitch, it's obvious that it's very aggravating to some people while they slog and grind through the game because they can't manage to wait for a fix. It's just a shame in my opinion that you'd tarnish the playthrough in lieu of impatience.

The "criticism" given to this is incredibly mild and quite genuine. Don't over-dramatize it by pretending people are somehow compromising other people's personal enjoyment. Some of us just open dialogue in regard to trying to understand certain actions, especially when said people have clearly vented in a way that indicates they were not having fun at all. Critically examining behavior is perfectly fine and part of life.

• Like 3