How do previous season DLCs work?

mrmivo

I had Minecraft Dungeons on my list of games that I want to play for a while already, so now with it coming to PS+ next week it's probably a good time to dive in. Looking at the store page, I see six DLCs (combined in an ultimate DLC bundle for currently €16) and three seasonal DLCs that also have trophies (currently €2.99 each). Are these seasonal DLCs like battle passes? If I were to get all three, can they be leveled up simultaneously? I'm a bit unclear on what exactly they do and how they work.

Thanks for any insights!

4 minutes ago, mrmivo said:

Are these seasonal DLCs like battle passes?

Yes. They are not required for trophies.

5 minutes ago, mrmivo said:

If I were to get all three, can they be leveled up simultaneously?

No, you select which season you want to level.

• Like 4

I have a follow question: When should I buy the DLC?

I just started MD and quite like it, so I will buy the DLC while it’s on sale for another week. I googled a bit and found older Reddit posts where people recommended to buy the DLC only after reaching apocalpyse difficulty. Is this still sound advice? Does it actually matter when I buy the DLC?

3 minutes ago, Janire1911 said:

So to get 100% all you would need to buy is the Ultimate DLC Bundle?

There are 6 DLCs that need to be bought. I am not sure what is in that bundle specifically, but if it contains the first six, than yea, you are golden.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

There are 6 DLCs that need to be bought. I am not sure what is in that bundle specifically, but if it contains the first six, than yea, you are golden.

Thanks for the info, got the Ultimate DLC Bundle (it includes the six DLCs) but I also decided to get the three seasonal DLCs as they were on sale and less than three euros each ☺️

Just now, Ich1994-1994 said:

How can I select that? For me season 3 gets levelled and I don’t know how to change it

In the menu when you are viewing the seasons, you can hit R1/L1 to switch between them. Which ever one you exit the menu with the season on the screen is the one that is selected.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

In the menu when you are viewing the seasons, you can hit R1/L1 to switch between them. Which ever one you exit the menu with the season on the screen is the one that is selected.

Thank you very much i didnt get that i guess^^

One more question you might be able to answer it seems like buying season pass 1 speeds up getting items for a trophy in season pass 2. is there any reason to buy season pass 2 and 3 that i miss? or is just getting 1 enough for efficiency

23 minutes ago, Ich1994-1994 said:

Thank you very much i didnt get that i guess^^

One more question you might be able to answer it seems like buying season pass 1 speeds up getting items for a trophy in season pass 2. is there any reason to buy season pass 2 and 3 that i miss? or is just getting 1 enough for efficiency

Buying the passes doesn’t help at all for season 2 and 3, and even for season 1 it only lowers your grinding requirements from level 50 to level 45. None of the passes are worth it for trophy purposes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NathanielJohn said:

Buying the passes doesn’t help at all for season 2 and 3, and even for season 1 it only lowers your grinding requirements from level 50 to level 45. None of the passes are worth it for trophy purposes.

Oh ok the guide makes it seem like a bigger difference thank you very much