This platinum is such a drag.

SacredOblivi8n

The open world is way too big.

There are tons of points of interests that needs to be explored.

The upgrade every damn magic is a drag.

I am exhausted, nearly there though.

I have 1 area left to complete out of 5 and I am done.

I would have skipped this platina if the platina image was not so damn pretty. ?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/03/2023 at 2:09 AM, SacredOblivi8n said:

I would have skipped this platina if the platina image was not so damn pretty. 1f602.png

I whole heartedly agree. The story is intriguing but then you have a massive open world of endlessly repeating the same tasks. It is the type of game for me that I have to listen to a podcast simultaneously to endure the grind.

• Like 1

On 16/03/2023 at 11:20 AM, ScottyMiddleton said:

I whole heartedly agree. The story is intriguing but then you have a massive open world of endlessly repeating the same tasks. It is the type of game for me that I have to listen to a podcast simultaneously to endure the grind.

This, I binged practically the entire last four seasons of Breaking Bad whilst going for this plat.  The environment was just too big and too bland to keep my attention so I had to do something else.  I was glad to see the plat in the end, as 20 hours for the story, and 49 hours to clean up everything else really killed the fun I'd had with the story.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2023 at 10:57 AM, mega-tallica said:

Pretty much the MO for most open-world games these days. Huge world filled with mostly trivial, boring, unfun, and repetitive busywork to keep you playing and pad the games length because the main campaign is so short. And then they tie these unfun and repetitive tasks to trophies for added insult to injury. 

Very few open world games do it right where there's just enough variety in the side content that it doesn't feel too repetitive and it's fun enough that you don't lose interest when going for 100% completion and there's just the right amount of content that it doesn't overstay its welcome. A game like Hogwarts Legacy did it very well, just when it's starting to become a drag and get repetitive, that's when you're done. This game just keeps going and going and requires you to do the same 5 tasks over and over again, tasks that were never even fun to begin with. 

It's about quality, not quantity. 

Hmm I feel different.  I feel like the grind for collectibles on hogwarts was a drag that I had to put it down lol. And take a small break. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, KingDrago8 said:

Hmm I feel different.  I feel like the grind for collectibles on hogwarts was a drag that I had to put it down lol. And take a small break. 

Agree somewhat. I loved hunting field guides and it was refreshing to do bandit camps where only looting the chest was required to complete them (as opposed to killing everyone). Popping balloons on the broom was also strangely satisfying. However, the Merlin trials outstayed their welcome by about double their length and this was symbolised by the fact that the game stopped rewarding you additional inventory space about halfway through them, essentially making the remaining ones pointless...

• Like 1

On a similar topic....

When I see these kinds of reviews stuff like the world's too big, there's not enough to do in it, so many places are there but I'm locked out, ect I'm just thinking how realistic these games actually are in those aspects we live in this huge world and honestly we can't access most of it be it lack of money or private property ect. Honestly there's not that much to do honestly sure you can do alot but in the end not really and gods is it kinda boring and lackluster after awhile we do the same things day in and day out just like in these games our jobs are basically the same thing over and over so I kind of have to ask what exactly are you basing the bad parts on cause it's not life in the real world or other games really cause there not that much different besides maybe a smaller area to do them

• 1 month later...
On 3/1/2023 at 9:09 PM, SacredOblivi8n said:

I would have skipped this platina if the platina image was not so damn pretty. 1f602.png

Totally agree. Last night, I finally just beat the campaign and disabused myself of any idea that I was going to Platinum it. It's just too tedious, especially upgrading magic. And the map and tracking systems are subpar at best.

That said, the game's not as bad as some people made it out to be. The gameplay is dope, and I imagine young adults would probably vibe with the subject matter more than an old man like me.

• Like 1

On 27.5.2023 at 5:06 AM, Akrioz said:

Nah, that would be Gollum and Redfall. Gotham and Forspoken are just mediocre.

Agreed, I found forspoken to be a lot less tedious than forbidden west or ragnarok to platinum which took me 6-16 months because they were so boring after completing story 

if you upgrade magic and equipment in forspoken from the very beginning there shouldn’t be that much grinding left in the end. I can’t stress out enough that the most important stuff on equipment is reducing cooldowns of spells, that will save you hours 

• 3 weeks later...
On 31/03/2023 at 11:34 PM, KingDrago8 said:

Yeah im with you dude, hogwarts had nearly 1500 collectibles and hardly any of them at all were quality. I honestly don’t remember forspoken having anywhere near the amount of boring repetitive tasks as hogwarts did. I’m not saying the collectibles in either were perfect, but for pure boredom I’d say hogwarts was up there with ac Valhalla and ghostwire Tokyo for me. Absolute tedium. 

• Like 1

On 21/03/2023 at 4:51 PM, Saucifress said:

This, I binged practically the entire last four seasons of Breaking Bad whilst going for this plat.  The environment was just too big and too bland to keep my attention so I had to do something else.  I was glad to see the plat in the end, as 20 hours for the story, and 49 hours to clean up everything else really killed the fun I'd had with the story.

I agree that the game was quite tedious and the clean up was pretty dry and uninspired. However, nearly 70 hours to wrap this up?! I'm sorry but you must have been playing it at a snail's pace and I can see why that would completely kill the game.

I did everything, story and clean up in less than 40 hours. 39 and a half to be precise.

I understand the complaints with this game, but it seems like people drag it out for way longer than it needs to take and then blame the game.

On 6/15/2023 at 2:23 AM, PotrikBerger said:

Yeah im with you dude, hogwarts had nearly 1500 collectibles and hardly any of them at all were quality. I honestly don’t remember forspoken having anywhere near the amount of boring repetitive tasks as hogwarts did. I’m not saying the collectibles in either were perfect, but for pure boredom I’d say hogwarts was up there with ac Valhalla and ghostwire Tokyo for me. Absolute tedium. 

Speaking of ghostwire I still haven't finished those collectibles either lmao 

• Like 1