Beating Developer Times WARNING!

Just FYI if anyone intends on doing time attack either for trophies or just for fun.
DO NOT INSTALL THE DLCS until you've done what you wanted with time attack.

After many hours poured into this game i decided to buy the DLCs right when i was nearing the end of my last time attacks. A few time attacks after acquiring and downloading the DLCs the game started freezing the console. Had to hard reset everytime and the game was simply unplayable. Did some troubleshooting and searching online and discovered i'm not the only one and that the recommended fix would be to delete everything (Saves/Patches/DLCs). Which would mean starting over and i would have probably quit there because of how hard these were for me. Luckely the last comment on a reddit post (after many posts and comments read) mentioned he managed to fix his game by deleting everything else but time attack data. I did exactly that and tried playing the game. My time attacks were there but the tracking on the trophy in the garage said: 0/128. My heart droped but i decided to atleast finished the last time attacks since I was missing like 10 ish. The game was a bit buggy so i decided to download the patch. The game ran smoothly again and when i quit to the menu after finishing the last time attack the trophies popped.

Hopefully this post can prevent this from happening to other people or help them to fix it if it happens. I'll now enjoy the DLCs (not the time trials I've had enough) and finally finish this game after like 11 years.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Why didn't I read this T_T. 

The fix worked, and got all the time attack ghosts. 

I was only 1 race off having the participate in 250 races and tried so many times to just get one race in to have that trophy pop, but couldn't get past freezing load times.

Ah well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mipdii said:

Why didn't I read this T_T. 

The fix worked, and got all the time attack ghosts. 

I was only 1 race off having the participate in 250 races and tried so many times to just get one race in to have that trophy pop, but couldn't get past freezing load times.

Ah well.

Sorry to hear you had to face the same issue. Thank God the fix worked for you as well. Hope this post keeps helping people throughout the years. Good Luck with the DLC ghost times if you intend on doing them.

Haven't even tried. Probably will go back in a few years.