Which GTA V version should I buy?

I want to play Gta V on my PS5, but I never played GTA V on PS4. Which one should I get first? PS5 version seems the most obvious choice, but I would have to play both trophy lists entirely. Whereas starting with the PS4 version, I would be able to auto pop them after completing the PS4 trophy list. On the other hand, GTA V is a game I would probably be happy to replay to complete the second trophy list.

Oh and the PS5 version doesn’t seem to include the DLC. How can you get the DLC if you only have a PS5 version?

34 minutes ago, BlackSquirrell1 said:

Personally, I've played GTAV on both the PS3 and PS4.  Am I going to move to the PS5? NO.  Reason?  I don't plan on playing a monthly charge of $5.99 US.  Sure you get some stuff each month but hey, there is plenty to do in the game and they always have events for double RP and payouts for just the PS4 version.

Regarding the DLC and the PS5, can't help you on that one.

What are you talking about? The subscription just gives a few free cars or buildings, the events are still exactly the same on both. And it's not pay to play.

Edited by KingGuy420

30 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

What are you talking about? The subscription just gives a few free cars or buildings, the events are still exactly the same on both. And it's not pay to play.

Whatever. Didn't want him to think the events were just for the PS5 version.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BlackSquirrell1 said:

Whatever. Didn't want him to think the events were just for the PS5 version.

It was pretty obvious what you meant. :lol:  Some people on other sites thought the events were going to stop for the PS4 version with the new rollout of GTA+.  And, I wouldn't pay for the sub either.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sauron-The-Great said:

I want to play Gta V on my PS5, but I never played GTA V on PS4. Which one should I get first? PS5 version seems the most obvious choice, but I would have to play both trophy lists entirely. Whereas starting with the PS4 version, I would be able to auto pop them after completing the PS4 trophy list. On the other hand, GTA V is a game I would probably be happy to replay to complete the second trophy list.

Oh and the PS5 version doesn’t seem to include the DLC. How can you get the DLC if you only have a PS5 version?

Depends on what is important to you. Get the PS4 version if the Criminal Enterprise is something you want.  And like @BlackSquirrell1 meant to say, events are the same for PS4 and PS5.  I'm not sold on the whole GTA+ sub. I played GTAV on XBox and PC, so I'm waiting for GTA VI to be rolled out for the PS5.

• Like 3

I want to be able to play both multiplayer and all the released DLC.

I guess if I can get that on PS5 version, I’ll go for that.

If the DLC is only available on PS4, I’ll go for PS4 version first.

3 hours ago, NorthPaul93 said:

Go with the PS5 version.

Why?

Does it have all the DLC too?

3 hours ago, DatZoolander said:

Depends on what is important to you. Get the PS4 version if the Criminal Enterprise is something you want.  And like @BlackSquirrell1 meant to say, events are the same for PS4 and PS5.  I'm not sold on the whole GTA+ sub. I played GTAV on XBox and PC, so I'm waiting for GTA VI to be rolled out for the PS5.

Do you mean Criminal Enterprise as part of the Doomsday Heist DLC?

12 hours ago, Sauron-The-Great said:

I want to be able to play both multiplayer and all the released DLC.

I guess if I can get that on PS5 version, I’ll go for that.

If the DLC is only available on PS4, I’ll go for PS4 version first.

Why?

Does it have all the DLC too?

Do you mean Criminal Enterprise as part of the Doomsday Heist DLC?

The PS4 version runs at 30 FPS, while the PS5 one runs at 60 FPS and the PS5 version is simply better. Here's a video comparing both versions :

Going through GTA5 on PS5 with my team and I can assure you, you don't have to pay for anything extra. If you are going for 100%, you will get plenty in-game cash to do everything.

All DLC content for GTA online is completely free on all platforms, you don't need to buy anything.

• Like 2

Personally I think the best option right now is to Play on PS4, earn everything on that trophy list and get the autopop on PS5 because I ain't completing the game a third time KNOWING a few trophies are bugged.

But talking about online. The DLC is "free", you will be able to play them as long as you have GTA Dollars to purchase venues to launch that content.

Now talking about versions, GTA V on PS4 is almost guaranteed to include the "Criminal Enterprise" that give you a few venues, cars and Money to help you in your online adventure (so you don't have to grind that much, to play the DLCs)

On PS5, if you bring a new account to online, they give you a starter or welcome money bonus that you have to spend and choose between DLC packs, cars and a few stuff.

That's all I know 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HusKy said:

Going through GTA5 on PS5 with my team and I can assure you, you don't have to pay for anything extra. If you are going for 100%, you will get plenty in-game cash to do everything.

All DLC content for GTA online is completely free on all platforms, you don't need to buy anything.

Thanks for clearing this up.

I will get the PS5 version.

And there is cross-platform play with PS4 right?

So there will be plenty people to play with for the trophies… 

thnks all!

3 hours ago, ChecoMayor said:

Personally I think the best option right now is to Play on PS4, earn everything on that trophy list and get the autopop on PS5 because I ain't completing the game a third time KNOWING a few trophies are bugged.

But talking about online. The DLC is "free", you will be able to play them as long as you have GTA Dollars to purchase venues to launch that content.

Now talking about versions, GTA V on PS4 is almost guaranteed to include the "Criminal Enterprise" that give you a few venues, cars and Money to help you in your online adventure (so you don't have to grind that much, to play the DLCs)

On PS5, if you bring a new account to online, they give you a starter or welcome money bonus that you have to spend and choose between DLC packs, cars and a few stuff.

That's all I know 

Thanks

I was thinking of doing that, but if I really enjoy the game, I’ll gladly replay everything on PS4.

On 2/3/2023 at 9:09 PM, KingGuy420 said:

And it's not pay to play.

Actually yes if we consider we need ps plus to play. GTAO just need to be removed from plus/gold subscriptions like Fortnite. Not fair pc players dont pay to play it...

12 hours ago, DeathNyx said:

Actually yes if we consider we need ps plus to play. GTAO just need to be removed from plus/gold subscriptions like Fortnite. Not fair pc players dont pay to play it...

It doesn’t bother me to pay for PS Plus. When I bought a PS5, I knew PS Plus would be required to play online.