Big Blue-Fin Tuna

cm-PUNK2000

2 hours ago, cm-PUNK2000 said:

I have caught hundreds of fish, almost 50 Tunas but no big Tuna. Best I caught was a silver Tuna once. Any tips? 

im catching on the east coast of course. 

While trying to catch one, catch a tuna and if it isn’t gold rank then leave and come back to the fishing area. With the Tuna when you catch one the rank it is will be the same rank of all the ones you catch in that fishing session, so you need to catch a gold one, then keep catching them in that session until you get a “big” one.

2 hours ago, Dr__Hennessy said:

While trying to catch one, catch a tuna and if it isn’t gold rank then leave and come back to the fishing area. With the Tuna when you catch one the rank it is will be the same rank of all the ones you catch in that fishing session, so you need to catch a gold one, then keep catching them in that session until you get a “big” one.

I keep only finding silvers. IDK if I am insanely unlucky or doing something wrong. and yes I back out and go back in after catching a Tuna. 

13 hours ago, cm-PUNK2000 said:

I keep only finding silvers. IDK if I am insanely unlucky or doing something wrong. and yes I back out and go back in after catching a Tuna. 

Use top grade bait and catch a tuna. If it's not gold, quit the fishing spot and reenter.

The bait part is important, it either upgrades or recycles the tier of the spawns.

This is how the time when I finally caught a big tuna (two in a row, actually) went: I entered the fishing spot, caught a silver tuna without bait, used the bait, got two golden tunas in a row, then the bait's effect ran out and I got another silver tuna again.

That's no coincidence, clearly the spawns are set in stone when you enter based on Bait/No-Bait. I happened to record it, so if someone's skeptical and wants the unedited footage, I can upload it.

3 hours ago, Umdytr said:

Use top grade bait and catch a tuna. If it's not gold, quit the fishing spot and reenter.

The bait part is important, it either upgrades or recycles the tier of the spawns.

This is how the time when I finally caught a big tuna (two in a row, actually) went: I entered the fishing spot, caught a silver tuna without bait, used the bait, got two golden tunas in a row, then the bait's effect ran out and I got another silver tuna again.

That's no coincidence, clearly the spawns are set in stone when you enter based on Bait/No-Bait. I happened to record it, so if someone's skeptical and wants the unedited footage, I can upload it.

I tried this method almost 10 times and I wasnt able to notice a difference in rarity. If you could share that clip I would seriously appreciate as it could help me because this is driving me nuts and I cant find much about it online either. 

5 hours ago, Umdytr said:

Omg sorry thank you, I forgot to mention the bait. 

I have FINALLY managed to get it!!! 

Here is how: 

So, from the top there are 3 'lanes' the top lane has a Marlin fish, the one below it has a tuna and the one below it a shark. So only catch fish in that lane. I just kept trying and trying for hours, catching a fish there then exiting if it is not the right size. Until finally I randomly got one without even using any bait. If anything I was watching a WingsofRedemption video so maybe that gave me luck (Big ups) 

But seriously it is just horrible. Worse than any minigame or anything on this game so far. Here's hoping the rest isnt so bad! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cm-PUNK2000 said:

I have FINALLY managed to get it!!! 

Here is how: 

So, from the top there are 3 'lanes' the top lane has a Marlin fish, the one below it has a tuna and the one below it a shark. So only catch fish in that lane. I just kept trying and trying for hours, catching a fish there then exiting if it is not the right size. Until finally I randomly got one without even using any bait. If anything I was watching a WingsofRedemption video so maybe that gave me luck (Big ups) 

But seriously it is just horrible. Worse than any minigame or anything on this game so far. Here's hoping the rest isnt so bad! 

Hate to break it to you but just be prepared going for materials and seals

Just now, Dr__Hennessy said:

Hate to break it to you but just be prepared going for materials and seals

Yeaaaah everyone is saying how bad those are lol but we will see. My goal was to get this plat done before RE4 comes out and so far I only need the equipment and wrapping up the dungeons and hitting lvl 99. 

And it helps how much I am actually enjoying this game. Outside of the stupid tuna that took me maybe 5 hours total the rest of the grind has been really fun I enjoyed the minigames, substories hell even the farming stuff was kinda chill. Not to mention the amazing main story. Really really awesome game!! 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, cm-PUNK2000 said:

Yeaaaah everyone is saying how bad those are lol but we will see. My goal was to get this plat done before RE4 comes out and so far I only need the equipment and wrapping up the dungeons and hitting lvl 99. 

And it helps how much I am actually enjoying this game. Outside of the stupid tuna that took me maybe 5 hours total the rest of the grind has been really fun I enjoyed the minigames, substories hell even the farming stuff was kinda chill. Not to mention the amazing main story. Really really awesome game!! 

Great game. Terrible RNG/crafting/seal system. 

Tried the above method with top grade and reentering each time but didn't seem to work.

So for anyone trying later just keep spamfishing tunas because after catching 3 silver tunas in a row my 3rd tuna was a big boy.

Goodluck with grinding everyone :D 

• 3 months later...

I can confirm the mentioned strategy, my experience also was that fishin long sessions does not change anything different spots may have different sizes but the size of the spot only changes between sessions, so quitting and reentering is defenitely the way to go, bait is not necessary either can just fish the tuna spot and if it is not gold just quit, reenter and try again.

• 1 month later...