‘A Machine for Pigs’ is an amazing game

Tom146521

In my opinion this game is the best amnesia game I played so far; the story is more thrilling and interesting than any other one in the collection (excluding the most recent game which I haven’t finished yet but I did start a run on another account), in all honesty:

‘The Dark Descent‘ was okay with a fairly good ending but adding more monsters to kill you isn’t scary but a bit annoying, I liked the chapters that they made you hide from them but the other ones when they just stuck some dirty mutant in front of you which you can’t avoid and you have to let it kill you to pass through isn’t scary at all; the only reason someone would find it scary would be if they aren’t horror fans and haven’t played any horror game before. *btw I liked the invisible monsters in the game ?

‘Justine’ although it was most likely the most intense it was the one that made me stop wanting to play due to it being so dull compared to the others, I didn’t find it interesting at all and didn’t understand the story. 

‘A Machine for Pigs’ great atmosphere and more story focused; The story was more ‘touching’, felt more personal and started getting interesting way faster compared to ‘The Dark Descent’ which helped make the “villain” way more relevant with actual personality unlike Alexander. 

don't get me wrong the first game was good but it wasn’t as great as the third one.

Edited by Tom146521
Typo
  • Like 2

As a long time fan of the game, and buying them all day 1 i thought machine for pigs was the worst. mainly because the monsters weren't particularly scary, and every tense moment was a prelude to dissapointment, it was short with uninteresting puzzles and a major lack of interactivity with the world. dark descet on the other hand was amazing imo and the new difficulty mode sorely needed, og hard mode was too easy.

Definitely true, A Machine for Pigs is really underrated.

Maybe the gameplay is a bit boring in comparison to Dark Descent but the story is really good and makes up for the flaws of the gameplay (especially if you prefer story over gameplay).

The story of a century coming to an end and the mystery of what has happened in the city and with the family of Mandus is very intriguing.

Would definitely recommend this game if you like thought provoking mystery stories and if you want a relatively easy horror game.

I would also recommend SOMA by the same developer as I find that game to have an even better story in my opinion.

(The ambiance and music of both Amnesia games are also great ).

• Like 2

On 2023-03-03 at 7:28 PM, Tom146521 said:

It’s being offered for 90% off on sale quiet often, I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did 1f600.png

I just bought the Amnesia collection in one of the recent sales for like $4. Sounds like a steal if you ask me, I’ve always heard good things about these games and after reading your comments I’m hopeful I’ll like it too! ?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

I’ve always heard good things about these games and after reading your comments I’m hopeful I’ll like it too! 1f603.png

I am glad my opinion encouraged you to try it, it’s an amazing game ?

@MennoWoods2 agree! Most likely will try SOMA in the future, already grabbed it for free a few years ago but never tried it lol 

• Like 2

• 7 months later...