PS1 Classics with Vita remote play

Moridin83

Not sure if this should go here or on the PS4 board, but I wanted to see if anyone else has had problems with starting PS1 on PS4 classics with Vita remote play. I was trying to remote play Wild Arms, and I couldn't get past the starting screen. My vita recognizes that a screen press in the center is supposed to be the touchpad on the PS4 controller, but it won't recognize the split pad for Start/Select that Wild Arms uses. I haven't had any issues with Vita games, or remote play on regular PS4 titles. Is this a known issue, or a problem with my Vita?

Wish I could help as I just platinumed the game you want to play, but sadly I have not touched Remote Play with a ten-foot pole. Shame as it would probably be a cool concept to remote play my PS4 from miles away while I was in Florida later this month instead of dragging my PS5 with me. ^_^

My assumption is that PS1 games are unplayable on Remote Play due to the fact you mentioned: PS1 and PS2 games use two controls for the touch pad(left touch pad for Select and right for Start) and the Vita can't do that functionality. I will probably be proven wrong by someone: "Hey, I touched the touch pad for those controls and it works FINE!" So don't quote me on this. As I said, I don't touch Remote Play. :(

• Like 1