Do you achievement hunt on other platforms?

Woodsteel95

Do you achievement hunt on other platforms?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Do you achievement hunt on other platforms?

• Yes, but only for their exclusives/games not on PlayStation. I do all multiplats on PlayStation.
    • Yes, whatever game I feel like getting on another platform I do so then get its achievements.
    • Yes, I actually only get trophies for PS exclusives/whatever isn't on that other platform. I do all multiplats on this other platform.
    • No, but sometimes I do.
    • No, I only seriously achievement hunt on PlayStation.

I assume most of us are multi-console owners, so I wonder what your achievement hunting mindset is on those other platforms. I own a Switch, and I typically do go for 100% in the games I really enjoy (like Mario and Zelda especially). I'm generally a completionist and I do get this annoyed feeling of leaving a game unfinished when I could go for 100%. But it's way easier to walk away from Nintendo games with the lack of an achievement system there. 

The only game I've 100% on another platform that has achievements is Wolfenstein: The New Order on Steam. Even though it's a great feeling in general getting all achievements, I wasn't anywhere near as satisfied getting 100% in steam compared to getting a platinum. I plan to go back to the game eventually and get the platinum one of these days.

• Like 2

I don't, as I only play Playstation, where i use my vita and PS4 and 5. 

I used to play Nintendo handhelds up to the 3DS, but never got the home consoles or the switch, mostly because I only had them for pokemon and am not into pokemon anymore, so never got a switch as there are no other games exclusive to switch that interested me. I never bothered with any in game achievements, although it has nothing like trophies some games have their own in game stuff. I was a completionist so would do as much as i can, like I completed the Pokedex in a number of the Pokemon games and did every single mission and quest in FF Tactics etc. so if these games had trophies I probably would have met the requirements. I have not touched my DS since Pokemon ORAS, so now i only use vita and PS5 to trophy hunt.

The lack of achievements in nintendo makes it easy to just play whatever and not care, as there is nothing like completion percentage or trophy lists hanging over your shoulder. 

I don't play steam and don't have xbox so no achievement hunting on those. 

• Like 1

Nope. I got an Xbox a few months ago and initially planned to go for all achievements in games that I especially liked, but ended up just not caring. Sometimes I do look up an achievement list beforehand and go for convenient and miscellaneous achievements during my time with the game but not stuff like collectibles, additional playthroughs, etc. 

I like it that way actually, on PS I would've forced myself to plat even most of the games I didn't enjoy, but that way I can just drop them and not care about a number of 1% lists on my profile. 

Also, without a platinum, achievements are just not as enjoyable to me. There are the fake-plat achievements, an achievement for getting every other achievement, Wo Long has one like that for example, but it's still not the same. 

• Like 2

nope

had a Series X

achievements don't have the same... prestige to me.. as trophies do

I guess it's a mental thing. getting platinum makes u FEEL like u completed a game. achievement score doesn't mean anything.. its just numbers.. and at a glance gives no indication of whether ur a completionist or not 

23 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

The lack of achievements in nintendo makes it easy to just play whatever and not care, as there is nothing like completion percentage or trophy lists hanging over your shoulder. 

Exactly, whenever I face a roadblock in a Nintendo game that I find incredibly difficult, I usually just stop the game there. If there was an achievement or trophy system for the console that would most likely urge me to keep going until I beat it. Seeing a challenge and checking trophy lists to see if your friends beat it or not is very motivating.

I occasionally play on pc thanks to epic's free games but havent cared about achievements on those. Then again games on epic doesnt always have achievements either. 

My kid bought switch for herself last fall and I have played on it occasionally. Mainly Animal Crossing New Horizons helping her island but I have borrowed few switch games from library to get to play some games that stayed on Nintendos side. 

I dont think I would care for achievements if those would be implemented on switch. 

No, just PlayStation, and I’m fairly new to it still.

I had been a computer/PC gamer for decades and only moved to PS a year ago (I did get a Vita nearly ten years ago, but had no PS home consoles since the PS1 and before the PS5), and Steam achievements never pulled me in. There was no structure to them, with some games having three achievements and others featuring literally thousands. When I played WoW, I did go for achievements and had fun doing so, but that was the only game where I tried for them.

I also have a Switch, and some older handhelds besides the Vita, but none of these have achievement or trophy systems, so it’s just PlayStation for me. I’d be entirely happy with only one gaming platform anyway as there are always more games that I want to play than I have time for.

Used to on Xbox 360 but even then steam achivements felt stupid. 

Situation when people who never finished a game had more GS then me wasn't satisfying.

Plat system and separating DLCs from main list is the way to go.

Just finished adios on epic and compliting the rest of achivements would take 15 min but can't be bothered. Achivements were annoing there actually. 

Edited by WiktorM101

I play a lot of Nintendo games (probably more than Playstation), but they do not have achievement system so no, I don't.

I'm kind of glad though. I think achievement hunting on multiple consoles would be too exhausting and God knows that I'd be way too tempted to 100% games like Legend of Zelda, Pokémon, Fire Emblem, and Xenoblade Chronicles if Nintendo let me. 

• Like 1

Well, i like to complete most of the games i play so the achievements just come naturally, whenever i'm playing on Steam or even Retroarch with it's Retroachievements. So yeah, when i'm playing on another platform that supports achievements, chances are i'm going to get most of them.

I very rarely dabble in Google Play achievement hunting on mobile, but 99.9% of my time spent on the activity is on PlayStation. I don't own any Xbox consoles and probably never will, I have very few Steam titles to even achievement hunt in, and Nintendo consoles don't have achievements at all.

The last non-PlayStation game I achievement hunted in was Rayman Fiesta Run on mobile, and I didn't finish it (but plan to).

Edited by blue_blur_98
  • Like 1

Xbox used to be my main platform from the 360 days up until september last year. I played exclusives on playstation.

One of the reasons that i decided to switch to playstation was because platinums have more meaning than achievements on xbox. Anything below 100% completion feels kinda pointless there and yeah those 100% included all DLC. On playstation you can quickly view a persons profile by the number of platinums they have and what level they are. On xbox you get a big number which actually doesn't really say that much about a persons gaming behavior.

For now im trying to stick with the playstation family because my backlog is way too big. Once im caught up a bit I'll use the xbox platform for exclusives or if i wanna replay one of my favourite games. Going for the 100% ofcourse ^_^

I used to bloody love trophy hunting and I really miss it. Yes I know technically it's still around but there's so few now that require you to even 100% a game that I just don't see the point anymore. The pay for platinum games also killed the platinum which put me off too. That and the awful notification and sound you get on ps5. Seriously the other day I got the platinum on star trek and never even noticed it pop.

When I do hunt. It's only on Xbox. I find it more rewarding as even the smallest achievement is worth something. Noone cares about bronze on PlayStation. I also get to play older games with achievements that might not have even had trophies. Some are hard too!! Which I'm loving. Lego Star Wars 2 is harder to get 1000g than anything released these days.

Tbh I'm playing modern games less and less. They are all starting to feel and look the same to me. I'm finding much more variety, challenge and fun on PS3 and older gaming. Plus there is no microtransaction cancer in my retro games!!

• Like 1

Always been an achievement hunter and completionist, took a break from trophy hunting for a while as I didn't really find the ps5 to be super compelling as a console for a while but I got a bit tired of it being a glorified netflix machine so I'm back into serious trophy hunting again!

My Achievement hunting actually started on 360. I played on my brothers 360 a bit before I ever got my PS3, so I have a tiny gamerscore on Xbox...but I haven't earned anything in like 15 years, and haven't even played on that account since the XB1 was new and I tried one of the Forza games for like 10 minutes. So no, it's all PlayStation there for me. 

I do have a Switch, and I can't stress enough how much I wish it had some kind of achievement system. Nintendo games are so damn good, but it's hard to keep me completely engaged without this system in place. I have this feeling where, I could be thoroughly enjoying a Switch game but it feels almost pointless without there being that end goal there. I try really hard to keep in mind that it's all about the game when I'm on my Switch, but trophy hunting is so ingrained at this point. 

• Like 4

I'm absolutely a completionist as opposed to a trophy hunter, so earning achievements & trophies just comes naturally with the way I play.

I play both PC (Steam) and PlayStation, and track achievements on both platforms.  I find the PlayStation system more rewarding and fulfilling from a prestige & competitive angle, but Steam achievements work just as well as a personal completionism checklist.

I have bought a handful of games on PlayStation because of community events that I've already played on Steam, and end up completing both platforms lists. It's definitely inefficient to track both but I still have fun at it.  It also sets me up well for when we lose out on normally multiplat games (Fuck you Zenimax deal, I'll have to play Bethesda games on PC now).

Edited by DrunkenEngineer
i gewd at grammar
  • Like 1