Do you achievement hunt on other platforms?

Woodsteel95

Do you achievement hunt on other platforms?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Do you achievement hunt on other platforms?

• Yes, but only for their exclusives/games not on PlayStation. I do all multiplats on PlayStation.
    • Yes, whatever game I feel like getting on another platform I do so then get its achievements.
    • Yes, I actually only get trophies for PS exclusives/whatever isn't on that other platform. I do all multiplats on this other platform.
    • No, but sometimes I do.
    • No, I only seriously achievement hunt on PlayStation.

4 hours ago, Warp_Moving_City said:

The other platforms don‘t have a wonderful „pling“ platinum trophy! So I only try to complete the games only on playstation. On pc a little bit but not really

actually when you unlock a rare achievement, they have a mega ping. (4) Xbox One Rare Achievement Sound & Popup Notification - YouTube

I was wondering this too recently. I've always been playstation only and just started trophy hunting in 2018.

I have a Steam Deck on the way so I was looking into Steam achievements and it doesn't seem to be as fun or feel as rewarding. There also doesn't seem to be as much of a community for Steam achievements like there is for PS trophy hunting.

That might be a good thing though, I won't feel the urge to avoid a game because of it's achievements, which is a bad habit I've been trying to kick.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

If Nintendo had a trophy system, I would definitely 100% their exclusives. Steam achievements are worthless, and there's no reason to own an Xbox.

Fully agree with everything you said. I don't think the average gamer even buys multiplats on Nintendo systems so an achievement profile for Nintendo that is only exclusives or games not on PlayStation would still look very good, and wouldn't clash with my trophy hunting on PlayStation and at the same time make me feel rewarded for 100%ing Nintendo games. I've never owned an Xbox but if I did achievement hunting would clash would PlayStation trophy hunting for me since I'd rather get multiplats on PlayStation to build up my currently trophy level, and their exclusives 1. Do not appeal to me whatsoever and 2. Are very multiplayer oriented which I generally do not go for as a trophy hunter. Plus an achievement profile of just Xbox exclusives wouldn't be impressive imo since they barely have exclusives anyways lol.

Maybe when Bethesda games come in full swing like Wolfenstein 3, Doom 3, and Evil Within 3 and are exclusive to it will urge me to get an Xbox.

• Like 1

I do. I'm planning to purchase an XOX soon, as I started Gears of War and COD: MW3 years ago and since I'm kind fond of my OG account on the platform, I think it will be the best to finish what I started. Same sort of catharsis that I need to feel whole, LMAO. In fact, during the pandemic I closed the circle with the Halo franchise (but only for the games I had already; didn't bother with H4, HW1 and 2, or the aberrant H5). 

This also helped me to finish Cuphead Plat, as I already knew what to expect and go for it while feeling it like a breeze while playing on PC. Also planing to auto-pop Fortnite on that platform once I can sync my Epic account. 

By the way, if anyone here feels the same goals for the above, don't hesitate, and please send me a DM through here or PSN/Xbox Live. My Gamertag is GtrErrol on the green side of the force ;).

I had close to 100,000 achievements when I signed up here years ago but never took it seriously. Still don't and I'm not an avid hunter on PS either but I like when they show up in games I'm enjoying.

I did Demons Souls Glitch free because I love that game, that's why I go for Plat or %100 because I love the game.

I started on Steam, but the PS ecosystem is healthier, at least it was, pre-shovelware. I have 100% on Skyrim and Botanicula on Steam.

If I had more time and money, I'd take my second PSN account (the one reserved for absolute favorites) and I'd merge a new Steam & Xbox account as well on a meta site for a nice clean gaming profile, but at this point, whatever. Life, et al.

I Own a 360 and at the time I was going to do playstation and xbox games. I did a few. I think my gamer score is like 20,000. Or something around there. I ended up not caring about the xbox Achievements. I know this sounds weird but I hated the icons and the sound it made when they popped up. It looked and sounded so cheap. Almost like an old atari sound. Not that anything is wrong with that. I just didn't like it and it didn't make me even want to continue. Nothing in the gaming world can compare to that *PING* I hear when I get a trophy! I just love it! I kinda get a rush when I earn a super difficult trophy and I hear that sound and see it pop up on the screen. I don't know if xbox updated the sound or improved the cheap looking icons they had back then. But they need to.

I'm one of 1.16%, apparently! 

I am an Xbox gamer, and I usually only get PlayStation trophies with exclusives (I occasionally re-play indie hits I really enjoyed for a 2nd "completion" experience). Irrespective of console, I always aim for 100% (getting increasingly selective with DLC's, though, e.g. I often skip NG+ type updates these days).

I don't believe in console wars, I just grew up with Xbox due to friends and have a slight preference for it to this day for cross-platform, although I recognise the superiority of PS for its exclusives. I like my account on there (650,000G at the time of writing) so I've sort of kept it as my main system since childhood (now late-20's) and am happy with my set-up between systems.

By default I play pretty much everything on Xbox unless I can't (e.g. TLOU, God of War, etc.) and then enjoy the great PS exclusives here, usually 4-6 games a year (sometimes more, like 2021, sometimes less, like I'm expecting this year). I really, really like this site though. The forums are interesting, and the guides are fantastic, so even though I don't play tons of PlayStation, I always check in on here for things relevant to cross-platform or just forums like this. 

I picked up a Steam Deck too and, try as I might, I have the achievement bug on that too, although I have only played a dozen games or so. Switch is Switch; I go for in-game 100%, but obviously, no achievement system. 

NoHeroes94 Xbox Achievements (trueachievements.com) (Xbox profile). 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Xillynoc said:

I think it'd be fun to achievement hunt on the Switch...but Nintendo would have to make a lot of other changes first before I buy into their system.

Switch would be full of insanely long completions. SM Odyssey, Zelda BOTW, Xenoblade Chronoles 2/3 would be 200+ hour completions each. Animal Crossing, possibly 500-1000 hours, depending on how "100%-ish" they went. Ideal or a nightmare, depending on your stance

I love achievements and trophies, but I like that Nintendo has no dedicated system and - on an unquantifiable basis, I suppose - I feel like it suits not having a specific achievement system like the days of old. I feel like the Switch is my unwind console where I play fewer games for longer over a greater period of time, whereas Xbox and PlayStation satisfy my completionist tendencies and try and play as many experiences as I can, as and when they come out. It's a nice balance for me personally. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 1

I don't really play on PC and even less on Xbox, so I really only have PS4 and Switch. I do try to 100% every game I play, whether on PlayStation or any other console, Switch or otherwise (like retro consoles), but I really like the trophy system. It feels like I have a good checklist to see what I missed in the game.

Last year I decided to try RetroAchiviments.  Which is a site where you can win trophies in old games, such as SNES, Mega Drive, Game Boy, Dreamcast, etc.  And for the PlayStation crowd, there are PS1, PSP and PS2 sets.

For those who miss scientists who fully explore the game as it was in the PS3 era, this site is perfect.

No but I did buy an Xbox 360 a few years ago to play the exclusives, it is a Halo Reach Slim I think. Didn't play many because of how bad the sticks are on the controllers, I got 2 with the console and they both had drift, went back to CEX and of about 15 controllers they had non worked without drift. They also all had a really lumpy feel in the sticks when moved around, bought a new one instead and although it had no drift it had the same awful lumpy feel in the sticks. Too distracting to use for me and put me off buying another Xbox. 

I actually got a 360 at launch and used it for about 3yrs, and I can't remember the analog sticks been so bad, did they bring different models out that were just worse? 

10 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Switch would be full of insanely long completions. SM Odyssey, Zelda BOTW, Xenoblade Chronoles 2/3 would be 200+ hour completions each. Animal Crossing, possibly 500-1000 hours, depending on how "100%-ish" they went. Ideal or a nightmare, depending on your stance

I love achievements and trophies, but I like that Nintendo has no dedicated system and - on an unquantifiable basis, I suppose - I feel like it suits not having a specific achievement system like the days of old. I feel like the Switch is my unwind console where I play fewer games for longer over a greater period of time, whereas Xbox and PlayStation satisfy my completionist tendencies and try and play as many experiences as I can, as and when they come out. It's a nice balance for me personally. 

Entirely accurate and fair assessment!