Do you achievement hunt on other platforms?

Woodsteel95

Do you achievement hunt on other platforms?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Do you achievement hunt on other platforms?

• Yes, but only for their exclusives/games not on PlayStation. I do all multiplats on PlayStation.
    • Yes, whatever game I feel like getting on another platform I do so then get its achievements.
    • Yes, I actually only get trophies for PS exclusives/whatever isn't on that other platform. I do all multiplats on this other platform.
    • No, but sometimes I do.
    • No, I only seriously achievement hunt on PlayStation.

On 06/03/2023 at 2:49 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I play a lot of Nintendo games (probably more than Playstation), but they do not have achievement system so no, I don't.

I'm kind of glad though. I think achievement hunting on multiple consoles would be too exhausting and God knows that I'd be way too tempted to 100% games like Legend of Zelda, Pokémon, Fire Emblem, and Xenoblade Chronicles if Nintendo let me. 

Same, I used to spend all my time on the gameboys and DS consoles back then, this was all before I even knew what trophies even were or that trophy hunting was even a thing. Otherwise, i was all about pokemon, harvest moon, animal crossing and all those other games as a kid, which seem like kids games to me know even though adults totally enjoy them too, and I still like Harvest moon

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I started out with achievements since I had a 360 before I had a PS3. Once I got a PS3 I moved on to trophies. I feel the trophy system is better designed over the achievement system with the different trophy rankings (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum). Achievements were ok but I prefer a trophy over a number. Would have loved for some 360 titles I played to have trophies for the PS3 (looking at you Destroy All Humans & LEGO Star Wars Complete Saga!)

I started getting platinum trophies long ago and kept doing that for some time. From time to time, I still get occasional platinum here and there. I play games on Xbox just to relax and have fun. 

Most of my trophy hunting has been with PS, but I'm starting to get into it on Steam and GOG more. I've platted Nioh 2 on PS5, but am now playing on PC to go for "You are Nioh" on Steam as well. Maybe I'll go for Serious Sam 4 on GOG after that. I've got it to 93% with just about 4 achievements to go.

I'm not sure if Steam N2 requires you to get all 87 (base game & DLC) or just the base game ones to get YAN. The Steam achievement list omits 7 of the PS trophies, including the Dream of the Demon difficulty ones for the DLCs.

I've bowed out of hunting Xbox achievements. PC has supplanted Xbox for me. I sometimes play the Xbox One to use BC 360 games, but with no regard for 100%.

I first started out earning achievements on Xbox 360 but was always drawn to PS consoles and the trophy system because I liked that you would get a platinum trophy for earning all other trophies in that game. Plus I just felt there was better exclusives on there compared to what was on Xbox.

• Like 1

Ever since the launch of the Steam Deck I have quit trophy hunting in it's entirety. I just can't bring myself to even turn my PS on when the Steam Deck is just so amazing and easy to play. Redoing all my favourite platinums as 100%'s has also been a blast.

• Like 2

I didn't vote in the poll because I don't hunt on PC anymore through steam. It was very casual hunting though that really started in 2009 with Empire Total War and only about a year later I got my first platinum.

Edit: I didn't notice the last option "only on PS" I voted now.

Edited by JAK-KRIEG
  • Like 2

the only system i have with achievements is playstation (ok that's a lie, there's game center on ios and google play games on my chromebook, but do they really count?), i have a nintendo but they don't have achievements so it doesn't count. i bet you i would hunt xbox achievements if i had a xbox though

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I kinda started achievement hunting on Steam back in 2017, picked up PS4 sometimes in 2018, and went back to PC for a year before using PS as my main platform now.

I also wish Nintendo has an achievement system cause their games are really good imo (Super Smash Ultimate, Xenoblade, etc). A lot of great JRPG games on that system. I'm thinking of getting an Xbox this year but at the moment, PS has my interest the most. The PS5 is probably the best console I ever bought.

Edited by TheStark700

• 2 weeks later...

I do, though I definitely own most of my games on Playstation systems so I generally have a lot less Steam/Xbox achievements. But I treat them pretty much the same I do trophies - if they seem doable, not too grindy and it's enjoyable enough, I'll attempt them. Otherwise, I pretty much just ignore 'em, same as I do for Playstation games. I also 100% a few games (mostly on Nintendo consoles) that don't have any kind of achievements now and again. Really just depends on the fun factor for me, though time can also play a big factor (no matter how much I enjoy a game, I'm gonna be reluctant to do any more than 1 playthrough if it's required for all achievements, especially if it's a long RPG or something).

• 7 months later...