Beginning of mass adoption of PSVR2?

I was gladly surprised to see this game in Popular Games this week. 1k isn't a huge deal compared with Hogwarts Legacy's 7k, but considering this game can only be played on PSVR, this seems like a sign for PSVR. What kind of sign? That's up to debate

This game flew under the radar for me. I'm not invested either in the Horizon saga or VR games. However, after tons of content about this game and the new PSVR2 features popped up in my feed, I realized this has the approach of Half Life: Alyx, and I do have the latter on very high appraisal when it comes to VR games.

Is this the begging of a wider adoption for VR games? (Referring to the PlayStation ecosystem). Or was this just a one hit wonder? What does current and Platinum owners think? Would you be interested in owning a PSVR2 to play this game?

Screenshot-1.png

Edited by RinkuKulkan
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looks like a one hit wonder. Most people are just not interested in this VR. Not to mention it costs too much. Maybe a $150 price drop and availability in retail stores might help. I do not have the system as yet because I am waiting for a price reduction and more games. But I do want to play COTM. 

Really want to play this, but my budget doesn't allow for the $550-600 starting price. Waiting for the inevitable price drop to jump in. I was a day 1 adopter of PSVR 1 and had nothing but issues with that gen 1 headset, so ended up upgrading to the much better gen 2 headset.

I believe VR remains a niche. Maybe within the users signed up to this website there is a higher adoption rate of VR than in the general pool of players, as people who go on a trophy hunting website probably tend to be more 'hardcore' than the general audience and thus more likely to buy into a VR headset

• 1 month later...
On 5/2/2023 at 0:49 AM, AngelicaK92 said:

Most people are just not interested in this VR. Not to mention it costs too much.

You basically have the answer to why no one is too interested, I think: the price. I mean holy hell, a brand new PS5 GoW bundle didn't even cost me how much this damn thing costs, even AFTER tax! Granted everything about the PSVR 2 is light years better than the first one (according to all I've read and watched) but still, $550 dollars... before tax?! And you don't even get a game with it? Sony you've gone too far with your pricing, ya greedy fucks!

I did buy my PS5 GoW bundle on sale at Target and I also got an extra discount purchasing it with my Red card but even without the discounts it's not priced much higher (I think the price is actually the same as the PSVR 2 if I'm not mistaken). Where I'm from the economy is shit and prices are sky high thanks to inflation so laying down that kind of cash for these systems is going to be impossible for most to do. I've looked at the PSVR 2 game catalog and in my opinion, other than Moss and Moss ll it's all garbage. Between the old stuff that's ported over to the new stuff (that's basically the same rehashed shit) none of it holds any appeal to me whatsoever.

The same can be said for the PS5 though with it's games catalog. It looks like 99% of the catalog are just ports from the PS4. Oh yay, we got marginally better graphics and load times with the PS5! Whoop-dee-do! NOT worth the cost and I honestly regret buying it.

Between the system and buying an extra controller I wasted almost $600 dollars on this shit and I wish so bad that I had returned it back to Target within that 14-day return period. I've had the system almost a month now and I've played (and platinumed) 2 games on it. The rest of the remaining time it's just sat there collecting dust because honestly, other than the complete lack of PS5 exclusive games I hate everything about that system. 

• Like 1