Tip for those grinding 1000 kills

richoxer

Hey everyone!

For anyone who isn't aware, it looks as though the 1000 kills in Rise and 1000 MR kills in Sunbreak are NOT mutually exclusive. If you're looking to complete both when Sunbreak release, I recommend waiting.

Example:

• You have 400 kills in Rise
  • Sunbreak releases and you get 600 Master Rank kills in Sunbreak
  • You will pop the 1000 kills trophy for base-game Rise at this point, leaving you with 400 more Master Rank kills for the Sunbreak trophy - 1400 kills overall, saving you 600 kills in time and effort.

I can't state outright this is how it will work on PS5 since Sunbreak isn't released and I'm working from assumptions. However, this has been verified and confirmed by the Steam community for the PC version.

Note: it's NOT a two-way street. You'll need 1000 MR kills regardless.

I hope this helps anyone, who like me, is in it for the long haul.

Also PLAY THE LOTTERY. Lots. Popular opinion is it could take longer to bag those trinkets than it can to get all crowns depending on RNG.

Edited by richoxer
  • Like 1

This is exactly what am doing since i already got all the equipment i want in the base game its feels bored not to farm for new gear this why am waiting for Sunbreak release although there are no confirm info if the Sunbreak will have separate trophy list with plat like iceborne or not hope we got all the info we need with the exact release date in the Capcom Spotlight on March 9

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dark69knight said:

no confirm info if the Sunbreak will have separate trophy list with plat like iceborne or not

Absolutely - but I'm hopeful. Maybe 80% confident they'll repeat what they did with Iceborne.

But yeah I'm doing the same. Grinding out 50 Rampages right now (it's exhausting), then leaving 1000 kills, Sturdy Padlock and Crowns (10% Large, 6% Small apparently) for Sunbreak. Natural play has left me with 22 out of around 86 crowns.

160 hours in and I can feel the burnout coming so good time for a break.

See you online for the Capcom presentation!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, richoxer said:

Absolutely - but I'm hopeful. Maybe 80% confident they'll repeat what they did with Iceborne.

But yeah I'm doing the same. Grinding out 50 Rampages right now (it's exhausting), then leaving 1000 kills, Sturdy Padlock and Crowns (10% Large, 6% Small apparently) for Sunbreak. Natural play has left me with 22 out of around 86 crowns.

160 hours in and I can feel the burnout coming so good time for a break.

See you online for the Capcom presentation!

At least the Defense Tickets you can exchange for melding pots ? Right now I'm just doing the trophy to get the one using Palamute, but to not get boring I'm helping other players and exchanging between this game and Street Fighter 30th, also as Charge Blade player and after playing the PC version, I already know what Elemental Charge Blades are worth to Sunbreak endgame, so I forged the ones that have an upgrade, so I just upgrade them, instead having to play HR quests to get the materials.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 01/07/2023 at 5:04 AM, BuBBeRX said:

I currently have 700 slayed monsters and 245 captured. Does this mean that i have 945 total?

No you still have 300 to go ..... because if you hunted a monater only once and capture it , in the hunter note it will say "hunted 1 captured (1)" that doesn't mean you hunted the monster twice ....... but I really wish it did ?