Games you still play after platinum

YoThief_

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

Platinumed the game in nearly 2 days and would have never touched it again including the multiplayer if it wasn't for my best friend playing it, so I play it with her.

At the moment, I have 1,008 Hours game of gameplay in it, most of it, Hardcore Search and Destroy. 

Marvel's Spider-Man, but only on a technicality. I hadn't completed the last of the DLC yet when I got the platinum. So I did play for that reason after I got the platinum. I played a little bit of Ghost of Tsushima Legends (which I wanna play more of) which didn't even launch until a little bit after I got the platinum.

I plan on continuing to play Rocket League after I get the platinum. That's largely because there are tons of DLC trophy lists and it's a fun game in general.

Eventually, all of them. I mean, besides people who don't like games and just have a trophy addiction this should be the case for everyone. The only reason you don't immediately replay a Platinum is because usually, after a Platinum, you've already beat the game many times, unlocked everything and have nothing left to do. Also, kinda related, I always do the 100% even if sadly, it's not part of the Platinum, like it happens on P5R for instance where sadly there isn't an achievement for 100% compendium, something I enjoy to do on every SMT.

So yeah, for instance SMTIV that being a 3DS title doesn't have a Platinum, I didn't replay it after the 100% because... I did the 100%, meaning that after that, and even to this day, I know the game from start to finish. I even had to beat it an extra time, meaning 5, have more hours than on P5, around 300 on SMTIV. Since I always play blind everything the first time -should be obvious too for anyone who enjoys games- and I always go for Chaos since that's my thing, I had to do a fifth playthrough, since Chaos is the only alingment you don't want to make on the first run, as for instance, Mother Harlot fusion could only be unlocked from a Quest you can only do on Chaos and NG+. So regardless of Platinum, even for games that don't have, you don't replay them immediately after you've done absolutely everything there is, 100% quests, endings, compendium, etc. Since all you want to do is take a walk, and that's what you have been doing for the past hundreds of hours but while doing content.

For games with Platinum the one I've replayed more is Nier (2010), first I got all achievements on 360, after a few weeks or months I wanted to play again, so went from a clear save up to ending D again, then I wanted to play it again after a time, so this time I got it for PS3, after a few months wanted to play it again so once more I played from start to ending D, and then I got the japanese version to experience it with the brother.

And of course games that by their nature you never "finish", fightning games, Monster Hunter ones... Or games you can make so many different builds like From Software ones. And good thing about these is that, since the world and items tells you the story, you can comfortably make as many runs as you want and focus only on gameplay once you know everything about it without huge amounts of videos to interrupt and hinder you.

Edited by YonahFuriae
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...

I'm replaying Borderlands 2 right now. Already 100% it but I really wanted to do the entire game again, and it's the first time playing it after I played Borderlands 1.

It's really fun with an overpowered Zero. :popcorn:

Well I'm doing all side missions except for those two terrible Timed collect missions. Hated it the first time, not doing them the second time.

According to that tool on ps5 I have 300h in resogun. But most of the time I stop with the plat or in some cases I rebuy the game on switch and keep playing there. in Diablo 3 for example. I platinumed 3 items pulled someone throught for a forth and then gathered 320h on switch ( more to come in the next season)

WWE games. Wrestling games have always been good for "pick up and play" purposes. Just play a few matches and move on. 

Only other game I put significant time into after Platting (since Trophies have been a thing) was Borderlands 2 (and to a lesser extent The Pre-Sequel). Put about 500-600 hours in that game between PS3 and PS4 combined. Finally moved on when it was time for Borderlands 3...which I also played a bit after platting it, but it wasn't the same. Admittedly, if Gearbox said The Handsome Collection was coming to PS5....I'd gladly Plat them again. BL2 is definitely one of my favorite games of all time.

• 8 months later...
Resogun (mainly PS4 version) - Mostly boosting, but occasionally trying to get the last few Feats I'm after done. I'm not going to get all of them, as that would be an impossible task for me, but I've done most of them.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled - Playing mainly for nostalgia and to remember the GP days. I also have to beat the developer times someday.

Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match - Online matches with friends, as well as replaying story missions (sometimes).

My Hero One's Justice 1 & 2 - Mainly boosting for both games. 

BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle - Mainly boosting.

Knockout City - It may not be anything too special and it's kind of repetitive, but I enjoyed it.
  • Like 1