Games you still play after platinum

YoThief_

Dragon's Crown. My most-played PS3 game with hundreds of hours total. 95% of that time was playing it co-op with friends (and that's why it never gets old to me. So long as people are up for playing.) Whereas I had the platinum trophy done after maybe 100 hours?

Also the Hatsune Miku games. I'm a button-press rhythm game addict, and so few of those games exist anymore. Especially on consoles (rather than just portable systems.) That series has been a Godsend to me. And then any fighting game I love a lot (Tekken, Soulcalibur, DOA, etc.) Those never get old for the same reason as D.Crown, there's always friends to play with for fun.

Dragon's Crown. My most-played PS3 game with hundreds of hours total. 95% of that time was playing it co-op with friends (and that's why it never gets old to me. So long as people are up for playing.) Whereas I had the platinum trophy done after maybe 100 hours?

Also the Hatsune Miku games. I'm a button-press rhythm game addict, and so few of those games exist anymore. Especially on consoles (rather than just portable systems.) That series has been a Godsend to me. And then any fighting game I love a lot (Tekken, Soulcalibur, DOA, etc.) Those never get old for the same reason as D.Crown, there's always friends to play with for fun.

Same here, I love rhythm games. I recently got Project Diva f for vita so I'm playing that right now.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually play Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection.  There are a lot of 16-bit games (Sonic 1-3, Knuckles, Streets of Rage 1-3, Golden Axe 1-3, Shinobi 3, Kid Chameleon, and Comix Zone) to play.  Try playing the whole game in one sitting without saving.  That's a challenge.

I was a genesis kid. I remember doing this all of the time. I need to buy this collection :)

Occasionally Lumines Electronic Symphony, as it is a great game to kill time on a bus or train, but realistically very very rarely would I return to a game after Plat.

Having the Plat means you have mastered all the game has to offer.

Continuing to play after that is pretty silly - I can understand playing a multiplayer after that, if you have a group of friends who all like to play the same game competitively, but I cannot stand the kind of people who master an online multiplayer game but just continue playing and killing 'noobs' (I.e. players with a desire to play more than one game) just for the 'pleasure' of ruining enjoyment of the game for anyone new.

I mean, what does it prove to kill off a bunch of low level players in CoD or Battlefield when you are already lv50? That you are hard? That you are awesome at the game? - Not really, you have access to all the top tier weapons at that point, you are really just demonstationg that you are too scared to try another game.

"Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen" and most recently I would love to get back into "Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII" after I platinum "Castlevania: Lords of shadow 2"

Also "Devil May Cry 4". I know that game don't have trophies but that's the game I've played the most in my entire life aside from MMOs. I've gotten all the in-game achievements and probably put around 850 hours into that game in total

Edited by AppleJinx