Started the equipment crafting through smithing today

mike_87

4 trophies left for plat, and already this seems a real chore.  got like 50 of 206 done so far and already very short on money, may seem daft of me to say but even though im this far now its not to clear the quickest and easiest way to raise money, the final dungeon is quite hard so its slow.  even though im on easy difficulty.  quite short of alot of materials so i was really hoping to get someone to be my personal guide and shareplay me maybe and show me the most optimal route through it all.  The seals stuff looks very scary on the other forum posts., seems to be one of the worst features in the entire yakuza series if I'm honest.  My in game time is like 98 hours now.  theres just way too much to do, collect and know about with the smithing....for me this game is definitely nowhere near as enjoyable as like 0, kiwami 1+2, 5 etc.

Edited by mike_87

I focused on seals first. Just check out which weapons can drop the seal you need and you'll already get close to ~50 weapons completed.

After that it's just 100s of times doing the last boss dungeon over and over for cash.

If there's a faster route I would love to know but doing chicken races is just way to boring for me I'd rather get 20 ryo each run. My vortex gets the job done in ~1min max anyways and with all troopers off cooldown it's 20-30secs at most for each run.

The seals aren't scary. Aside from 2, you can get all of them through crafting stuff and savescumming to copy them. What IS scary is the sword The Last Of The Dragons. You will be grinding the last boss in the battle dungeon at least 150+ times. Combined with other items you need to grind for, at least a 10 hour grind if you're lucky. Yeah, this is the grindiest plat in the series for sure.

20 minutes ago, DJ_Syncronix said:

Looks like I'll be finishing 99% of the weapons today, leaving only Last of the Dragons...ugh. 

Got a question though. How do you fight Sanada back to back? I always have to do a quick mission every other run to get my Trooper cooldowns back up before I go in. 

I have Ichiban as the Corporal. His ability adds another trooper slot and increases charge rate dramatically. Immediately upon entering the arena I destroy Sanada's armor with Okanehira (fire sword with armor penetration seal) then combo the boss with cards. My build is Nishitani, Shinada, Ichiban and Yukimitsu while using wild dancer throughout the entire fight. To combo him, I activate Nishitani first. I wait for the animation to reach the point where the first sword gets fired at the boss then activate all the remaining cards at once. The damage boosts from Yukimitsu and Ichiban stack on the swords while I go forward and lay into him with blade dancer while time is slowed down. This brings him down to about 30% HP if all the swords hit. Once time resumes, the boss is usually on the floor. I use essence of finishing (which has boosted damage because of Yukimitsu) and that brings him down to about 5% HP. Then just wail on him for a second or two until he dies. After that you have to deal with the trash. I use majestic dispersal heat action after whacking them all once to get rid of their armor. By the time all the goons are dead, my cards are fully charged again and ready for the next round.

21 hours ago, LuxQSD1 said:

The seals aren't scary. Aside from 2, you can get all of them through crafting stuff and savescumming to copy them. What IS scary is the sword The Last Of The Dragons. You will be grinding the last boss in the battle dungeon at least 150+ times. Combined with other items you need to grind for, at least a 10 hour grind if you're lucky. Yeah, this is the grindiest plat in the series for sure.

Doesnt seem worth it though at least with 0, 5 kiwami 1 and 2 it was worth every single second this is just silly, and there still isnt even a proper guide up for seals and equipment yet. So you mean crafting and then dissasembling? The last dungeon boss takes me five-ten minutes or so each time so it isnt exactly fast at all, and the game isnt really the highest quality yakuza game either. Am i right in saying certain stuff you need equipped increases rare drops? I really havent much of a clue aboiut all the smithing mechanics i just know i have 51 of the trophies now, and even if i did know about it it would take me centuries

5 hours ago, mike_87 said:

Edited by mike_87

You definitely need to have a decent setup, and possibly have to limit break Ryoma to do Sanada real quick. I actually made a video last night where I have a 15 second kill on him. Some people use the wild dancer method which does take a little longer, due to having to run around and shatter everyone's armor before using R2, but if you get a good setup with Gunman, it shreds him in seconds. Plus, you need 45/45 seals anyway for completion, which means you'll run into Repentance, which can double or even triple your damage if you have a ton of virtue stocked up.

I would recommend that you farm Sanada rather than chicken races for money, since you need to farm him a lot anyways - for example, it took me nearly 10 hours to get all the dragon materials. Like others have said, craft Vortex and get a couple of legendary troopers and level them up and you're good to go.

I personally got all the seals out of the way before I started crafting. And I agree with you that seals are one of the worst features ever - but not just in Yakuza, but in any game ever! The process for getting them was absolutely mind numbing...

3 hours ago, DJ_Syncronix said:

You definitely need to have a decent setup, and possibly have to limit break Ryoma to do Sanada real quick. I actually made a video last night where I have a 15 second kill on him. Some people use the wild dancer method which does take a little longer, due to having to run around and shatter everyone's armor before using R2, but if you get a good setup with Gunman, it shreds him in seconds. Plus, you need 45/45 seals anyway for completion, which means you'll run into Repentance, which can double or even triple your damage if you have a ton of virtue stocked up.

Would you check my game over for me through shareplay? Not a clue about best weapons and cards to use etc ugh.

3 hours ago, Foremanskin said:

I would recommend that you farm Sanada rather than chicken races for money, since you need to farm him a lot anyways - for example, it took me nearly 10 hours to get all the dragon materials. Like others have said, craft Vortex and get a couple of legendary troopers and level them up and you're good to go.

I personally got all the seals out of the way before I started crafting. And I agree with you that seals are one of the worst features ever - but not just in Yakuza, but in any game ever! The process for getting them was absolutely mind numbing...

Hows the best way to farm seals then? Some say buy at the blacksmith material selller but i dont even see any seals on the shop list

I can definitely post my build here. I only use Gunman in Battle Dungeons, so for weapons, I only use Vortex. 

Seals used: Pierce (Armor destruction), x2 Double Shot (Chance to shoot a second shot), Attack, and Repentance. Before I got my first Repentance seal, I just used another Attack seal, and was still able to shred Sanada. 

Trooper Cards: Use Shinada as your Corporal for a passive damage buff (His activation also stops time), and Ichiban and Uta Soriemon for your troopers. Ichi's ability is just a temporary damage buff, while Uta's is a big damage buff for Gunman only. 

Also be sure to level up Shinada's corporal trait to +5 for more passive damage as well. 

And if you haven't already, limit breaking Ryoma and racing through the Gunman damage nodes again really helps amp up the damage big time. 

3 minutes ago, DJ_Syncronix said:

I can definitely post my build here. I only use Gunman in Battle Dungeons, so for weapons, I only use Vortex. 

Seals used: Pierce (Armor destruction), x2 Double Shot (Chance to shoot a second shot), Attack, and Repentance. Before I got my first Repentance seal, I just used another Attack seal, and was still able to shred Sanada. 

Trooper Cards: Use Shinada as your Corporal for a passive damage buff (His activation also stops time), and Ichiban and Uta Soriemon for your troopers. Ichi's ability is just a temporary damage buff, while Uta's is a big damage buff for Gunman only. 

Also be sure to level up Shinada's corporal trait to +5 for more passive damage as well. 

And if you haven't already, limit breaking Ryoma and racing through the Gunman damage nodes again really helps amp up the damage big time. 

I assume farming the dungeons is probably the best way to get form and level exp?

Pretty much, yeah. When I was working on getting to Level 99 to do the limit break, I was pretty much just farming the Gun Squad mission in the final dungeon, since it's all gun enemies, which are much weaker than sword/kanabo enemies. 18-19k XP each run through, plus I needed to farm Aquamarines on that map anyway for crafting. 

Im just applying seals randomly for the most part to weapons for now, in order to get all 45 seals done on the list, got 22 so far. Take it this is ok? But still worth bearing in mind the repentance vortex layout to blitz the final dungeon, really dont understand much of it still to be honest but would like to get this yakuza done ideally

Edited by mike_87

4 hours ago, DJ_Syncronix said:

And if you haven't already, limit breaking Ryoma and racing through the Gunman damage nodes again really helps amp up the damage big time

Edited by mike_87

Just a pro-tip for anyone working on the 100 kills to power up the Worn Magical Sword. Did some testing, and I can confirm that using your gun to kill in Wild Dancer actually counts towards the 100. Just run the first battle dungeon 5 times. 

I can officially close this one out. 

Platinum achieved! LET'S GO!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DJ_Syncronix said:

Just a pro-tip for anyone working on the 100 kills to power up the Worn Magical Sword. Did some testing, and I can confirm that using your gun to kill in Wild Dancer actually counts towards the 100. Just run the first battle dungeon 5 times. 

I can officially close this one out. 

Platinum achieved! LET'S GO!

What does the blue cross with the man mean when highlighting certain cards? Trying to select shinada right now see and i cant because of that

Its hell on earth the whole smithing system it completely ruins the otherwise flawless franchise. For instance i was trying manyto get seals to appear in this spear weapon earlier well the corporal one by following the video that guy does showing to craft the weapon before the one that has a seal you need with a silver hammer and wasnt showing up at all. How the fuck have some people even got through this? Its horrendous in every way imaginable

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mike_87 said:

What does the blue cross with the man mean when highlighting certain cards? Trying to select shinada right now see and i cant because of that

Post a screenshot of it here. But most likely that the trooper has deserted. It happens if you lose a fight or quit a dungeon when their morale is low. You need to complete one battle dungeon then go to Mukorogai. Look for an injured guy with a mask on, similar to the ones you recruit off the street. You can ask them to rejoin then.

13 minutes ago, mike_87 said:

Its hell on earth the whole smithing system it completely ruins the otherwise flawless franchise. For instance i was trying manyto get seals to appear in this spear weapon earlier well the corporal one by following the video that guy does showing to craft the weapon before the one that has a seal you need with a silver hammer and wasnt showing up at all. How the fuck have some people even got through this? Its horrendous in every way imaginable

Most weapons can get different types of seals on it when you craft them. Savescumming doesn't help if the next seal in line is something other than the one that you want. The game has already predetermined that you're getting that specific seal already. You need to craft some more trash weapons until another opportunity for a seal to appear from crafting comes up.

6 minutes ago, LuxQSD1 said:

Post a screenshot of it here. But most likely that the trooper has deserted. It happens if you lose a fight or quit a dungeon when their morale is low. You need to complete one battle dungeon then go to Mukorogai. Look for an injured guy with a mask on, similar to the ones you recruit off the street. You can ask them to rejoin then.

Most weapons can get different types of seals on it when you craft them. Savescumming doesn't help if the next seal in line is something other than the one that you want. The game has already predetermined that you're getting that specific seal already. You need to craft some more trash weapons until another opportunity for a seal to appear from crafting comes up.

Which trash weapons? The flow of the whole smithing system in general does not make sense

6 minutes ago, mike_87 said:

Which trash weapons? The flow of the whole smithing system in general does not make sense

Any trash weapon that has an unoccupied seal slot. I just kept making Keen Blades, Stonecutters and Missilecutters. Count how many you make until one of them gets a seal on them from being crafted. For example: I craft 3 Stonecutters. The first 2 don't get seals on them when I craft them, but the third one gets, for example, a basic Attack seal. This means that the third weapon you craft will give you a seal. Reload your game before you crafted the 3 Stonecutters, craft the first 2 Stonecutters again then craft the item you need a seal from. If it doesn't give you what you want then you need to keep crafting more trash weapons until you get another seal opportunity.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LuxQSD1 said:

Any trash weapon that has an unoccupied seal slot. I just kept making Keen Blades, Stonecutters and Missilecutters. Count how many you make until one of them gets a seal on them from being crafted. For example: I craft 3 Stonecutters. The first 2 don't get seals on them when I craft them, but the third one gets, for example, a basic Attack seal. This means that the third weapon you craft will give you a seal. Reload your game before you crafted the 3 Stonecutters, craft the first 2 Stonecutters again then craft the item you need a seal from. If it doesn't give you what you want then you need to keep crafting more trash weapons until you get another seal opportunity.

And that’s how you get every seal? And then you what just dismantle the item in question and put the seal in another weapon?

2 minutes ago, LuxQSD1 said:

Just all a real headache to me what on earth were RGG thinking

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

And that’s how you get every seal? And then you what just dismantle the item in question and put the seal in another weapon?

Correct. Though it's ALMOST every seal. Square: Special Moves is exclusively obtained from golden sneak enemies and Repentance/Change of Heart seal is exclusively obtained from Rescue Kidnapped Official 1 on Yoshiyuki sword drops, if I'm not mistaken. You need to go out of your way to grind those out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

You can get a majority of the seals this way. The two seals you can't get this way, are repentance and square seal: special moves.

• Like 1

Got shinadas card but not ichiban or uta…anyone got any idea where to get them? Oh and golden sneak was dropping a fair few seals just now so dont get why everyone is praising up the ultra fiddly crafting method for getting them. Theres conflicting information and advice everywhere on this game at the moment, really not a good time to try platting it

Edited by mike_87
  • Like 1