Reach Defiled Necropolis bug?

Asmund

Killed death, did the no hit save scums, but the trophy Don't fear the Reaper for reaching the defiled necropolis for the first time never popped. Anyone else having this issue? (I did NOT have assist mode on so it's not that)  I'll try again and see what happens

Edit (solve): So if you immediately exit to main menu after reaching this biome (to make a backup save state for scum, take a break, etc) it will bug the trophy out. When you return the trophy will not pop and moving forward will only cause the death fight to start.

I tried again from a much older save state from a year ago as I wasn't sure if it had already counted the whole "first" time on my up to date save state, trophy popped with no issues. SO make sure not to hastily exit after entering a biome for the first time.

Edited by Asmund
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2023 at 3:15 PM, Asmund said:

Killed death, did the no hit save scums, but the trophy Don't fear the Reaper for reaching the defiled necropolis for the first time never popped. Anyone else having this issue? (I did NOT have assist mode on so it's not that)  I'll try again and see what happens

Edit (solve): So if you immediately exit to main menu after reaching this biome (to make a backup save state for scum, take a break, etc) it will bug the trophy out. When you return the trophy will not pop and moving forward will only cause the death fight to start.

I tried again from a much older save state from a year ago as I wasn't sure if it had already counted the whole "first" time on my up to date save state, trophy popped with no issues. SO make sure not to hastily exit after entering a biome for the first time.

Ah so that’s why I don’t have that trophy. If that trophy doesn’t pop on my next run where I kill boss with the cat then I guess I have to make a fresh save.

On 3/29/2023 at 5:37 PM, DHawk12 said:

Ah so that’s why I don’t have that trophy. If that trophy doesn’t pop on my next run where I kill boss with the cat then I guess I have to make a fresh save.

Absolutely, I was in a downright panic when I went to sync the trophies and that one wasn't unlocked lol. I hope it works out for you and you don't have to start your save data over, if you need to start fresh back your data up, and kill yourself 3 times in a fresh save state and it'll unlock the castlevania options again.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Asmund said:

Absolutely, I was in a downright panic when I went to sync the trophies and that one wasn't unlocked lol. I hope it works out for you and you don't have to start your save data over, if you need to start fresh back your data up, and kill yourself 3 times in a fresh save state and it'll unlock the castlevania options again.

Luckily the trophy popped on my next run.  Got the 100% too, the no hit collector run was a real pain.

• 3 months later...

Phew thanks, yeah happened to me too and I was so worried I had some weird glitch because I didn't see anything about this on the EU stack forum. Doesn't always pay out to be fast in this game it seems, still had the muscle memory for instant save scumming in this game even after a one year break. xD