Contagion Mode

TrophyChief

1 minute ago, psycho_clank314 said:

I find it hilarious that some people just can't deal with not having a 100% profile. Got the plat and NG+ runs, not worried about doing HC at the moment. Maybe I'll do it later, maybe I won't. You people can just play it once and move on you know?

trophy obsessed, a very dangerous thing

if you play games and the first thing on your mind are the trophies then you have issues

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ghostlybonesss said:

I don’t understand why people post on this thread (or any other) just to spread animosity towards individuals who enjoy going for 100% on their lists. Spend your efforts elsewhere rather than being condescending towards people just living their trophy like how they choose to. 

the same goes to them,why they post on this thread when you can move on and play games that are more easy for 100%

dude this thread is for callisto protocol dlc trophies ,there is no reason to come here and cry oh why they didnt add super easy trophies,oh my trophies are 99.99% how i can keep going to live with that

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

I would assume most people like DLC/update trophies when the game is good. It is weird and a bit disappointing when a good or great game gets a big update and there are no trophies like God of War's post-launch New Game Plus patch. 

But the long and short of it is, The Callisto Protocol game sucks a lot and isn't worth revisiting, so the pull of these trophies just means more pain. It also doesn't help that most of these aren't like "try the new mode," they're "beat the entire game again."

I should note that I don't particularly always care about keeping 100% (as is the case here). I am just pointing out what others likely think.

nope you are wrong,their problem is not if the game is good or bad,is that they cant accept anything that is not 100% on their list

shovelware (games) spoiled alot of people here

Edited by Squarevii87
  • Like 4

So, another piece of information you may want to be aware of.

The game itself has cloud saves. So if you download a previous save from PSN cloud, the game may offer you the in-client cloud save instead of this. The save itself has the timestamp from when it was made, which should correspond with either a chapter clear or a death. 

Just a heads up.

Edited by IDiivil
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Squarevii87 said:

nope you are wrong,their problem is not if the game is good or bad,is that they cant accept anything that is not 100% on their list

shovelware (games) spoiled alot of people here

Yes, sorry, I should have clarified. I would say that many people adhere to what I said and are fine with good games getting more trophies, but yes, a lot of people want their eternal 100% lists and complain when new trophies are added. I would hope/assume that they make up a smaller portion of the audience, though.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

So, another piece of information you may want to be aware of if you're not above savescumming via cloud saves.

The game itself has cloud saves. So if you download a previous save from PSN cloud, the game will kindly offer you the in-client cloud save instead of this. The save itself has the timestamp from when it was made, which should correspond with either a chapter clear or a death. 

Obviously, a way of working around this would be to play in offline mode. Just a heads up.

Woah, are you saying that if I play with online enabled and tried to save scum, the game would actually just load it's own cloud save instead? So my cloud save wouldn't apply? That's nuts. 

Whenever I get around to this (once cutscenes can be skipped) I'll be sure to play offline.

Thanks for the heads up!

43 minutes ago, Elite_Agent_009 said:

Okay so i completed contagion mode again, this time in new game plus and in one sitting and the trophy for not dying popped, so its confirmed that you can do it in game plus if you want.

How long did it took you to brat ng+? 

1 hour ago, IDiivil said:

So, another piece of information you may want to be aware of if you're not above savescumming via cloud saves.

The game itself has cloud saves. So if you download a previous save from PSN cloud, the game will kindly offer you the in-client cloud save instead of this. The save itself has the timestamp from when it was made, which should correspond with either a chapter clear or a death. 

Obviously, a way of working around this would be to play in offline mode. Just a heads up.

So, I have to play offline and copy saves to usb? 

On 14/03/2023 at 10:46 PM, TsurugiFenrir said:

So, I have to play offline and copy saves to usb? 

The thing is that you can only have one contagion mode save in your list. So say you have a local save from 7pm and a cloud save from 9pm, it'll only show the cloud save if you're online. If you go offline, it'll show the local save. The cloud save clearly says "cloud save" on it, so it's not too difficult to tell apart.

On 14/03/2023 at 11:02 PM, Elite_Agent_009 said:

Around 4 hours, 3 if you dont count cutscenes.

Yeah, imagined it'd be along those lines. Think my HC NG+ playthrough was like 6 hours, and that one had some paused time, which I think contributes to playtime. Nice to know NG+ works for the trophy, since that's definitely a much easier way to go about this, seeing as you shouldn't have to worry about saving money for upgrades, meaning you can use ammo to speed up the combat encounters. Although based on the amount of drops I'm getting, I'll probably end up doing this on the first contagion playthrough too, especially on the stupid mutating enemies later on.

Edited by IDiivil

12 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Can't believe they still haven't given us skippable cutscenes. They are taking advantage of trophy hunters to artificially increase play time at this point so appease the Publisher. 

the only thing that will appease the publisher is people buying the game and them breaking even lol. this game has lost the publisher money. they couldnt care less about a handful people replaying the game 7 times for bronze and gold trophies.

Hopefully we can get this topic back on point...

Does anybody know what happened with teh customized difficulty that was spose to be part of Contagion in the roadmap. All I can think is that its unlockable or just not added, has anybody got to Contagion NG+ yet and if so, does it become customizable?

Edited by Optinooby

1 minute ago, Teh_Zombz said:

how many playthroughs is required now? thinking of getting this soon 1f605.png

Too early to tell, minimum of 4 I think if possible to upgrade everything in 2 Hardcore playthroughs, though I dont think it is by what ive read.

You need a Maximum Survivor, a Hardcore and Hardcore NG+. The hardcore NG+ unlocks the normal NG+ trophy.

And I guess a Contagion playthrough which I doubt pops Max Surv as Hardcore doesnt

Minimum 4, but maybe 5 for upgrading all weapons. I can sort of understand the Hardcore and Contagion trophies, but the Hardcore NG+ is a bit of an oddball.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Too early to tell, minimum of 4 I think if possible to upgrade everything in 2 Hardcore playthroughs, though I dont think it is by what ive read.

You need a Maximum Survivor, a Hardcore and Hardcore NG+. The hardcore NG+ unlocks the normal NG+ trophy.

And I guess a Contagion playthrough which I doubt pops Max Surv as Hardcore doesnt

Minimum 4, but maybe 5 for upgrading all weapons. I can sort of understand the Hardcore and Contagion trophies, but the Hardcore NG+ is a bit of an oddball.

I've done 4.5 so far, max security, Ng+ Ng++ (half a playthrough for all upgrades)

Hardcore, hardcore plus (can't do all upgrades here as all items are worth half the value or more than normal game)

Currently on 5th playthrough for permadeath (and looks like if the save scum gotta be offline post just above is true then gonna be a 6th)

You could end up losing the half playthrough if you're good at upgrades on your first 2 playthroughs so at the moment 5 is probably the minimum 

Edited by potential91
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, xblakestone said:

Yeah a lot of playthroughs for 100%

These are mine so far:
1 = Maximum Security
2 = Hardcore
3 = Hardcore+
4 = Minimum Security
5 = Minimum Security+ (these are for "fully upgrade all weapons" trophy)
6 = Contagion Mode

I've only done four and had 100% before Contagion Mode released.

1-Normal

2-NG+ on Max Security, upgraded everything

3-Hardcore

4-Hardcore NG+

I sold almost all of my health (in every playthrough) and didn't buy ammo until I had upgraded everything on Max Security, which wasn't really necessary but whatever. 

Contagion with no deaths will be 5.

• Like 1