Blaze Spawner and other Nether issues

serialzero1979

I found a stronghold in the nether, but I have two problems with it.

First, I located a blaze spawner and got a few rods out of it, which I have used up already.  Problem is, I destroyed the blaze spawner, because it was in a rather inconvenient open area that was also swarming with ghasts.  I guess I assumed the place was big enough that I could easily find another one.  No such luck.  Am I screwed for end portal materials now?  Is it possible there was only one blaze spawner in the whole of the nether?

Second, I've been up and down the stronghold and have seen no signs of any sort of treasure room.  I thought it was supposed to have chests like the dungeons in the normal world.  Was I mistaken?

I'll be fairly pissed if I have to start a new world just to get the two end-related trophies.  -_-

Also, when in the normal world, I tried several times to get my ender eyes to do their job.  I used the "throw" button, but all it did was briefly make a square like it was trying to place a block, then disappeared.  I tried it again on high ground.  I tried it pointing up towards the sky.  Same damn thing every time until all my ender eyes were used up.  Is this a glitch?

You shouldn't be screwed out of End portal materials; there are always at least two Blaze spawners in the Nether, usually one for each of the two Nether Fortresses. Just keep looking.

I'm confused by the wording of this second question. By 'briefly make a square like it's trying to place a block' do you mean that the Eye flew into the ground? Because if so, that means you're standing right above the Stronghold. Eyes of Ender have 20% odds of self-destructing after being thrown, so you might have just gotten really unlucky :S.

And, you know, you could always join a Game Session run by someone who has an opened portal, as you can still get the trophy that way :)

Yes, sorry.  It flew immediately to the ground, formed what looked like a square block, then poofed out of existence.  So the dungeon is either right underneath my village, or I've been extremely unlucky at least three times in a row.  xD

Thanks for the information, it is greatly appreciated!  I'm relieved to know that I just need to find that second stronghold now.  I wanted more blaze rods, not just for my end portal, but because I want to build multiple potion stations for my hilltop "brewery".  I'm the kind of person who gets fairly attached to my creations, so using someone else's world to complete all of my trophies wouldn't solve the problem of having an unfinished building in my own world.  xD

Again, you're a life saver.  Thank you!  X3

• 3 months later...

After an obnoxious amount of time combing the nether for another blaze spawner, I came up empty handed, and ended up creating a second world in an attempt to get the last couple of trophies I was missing.

Then I noticed something in the options menu that solved all of my problems.  "Reset the nether".  I did so, and after I carved myself a path back up to the castle, I discovered multiple blaze spawners had taken the place of the one I destroyed the first time around.

Managed to get the end portal trophy afterwards, which means resetting the nether doesn't screw with your ability to keep getting trophies in that world.

Just thought I'd update everyone in case anyone else was having problems like this.  

• Like 1