How long did this plat take you?

cm-PUNK2000

25 minutes ago, cm-PUNK2000 said:

I am very curious on how long this plat has taken you guys to get. 

For me, I finally got the plat today and it took me about 120 hours. I believe I started the equipment grind at around 60-70 hour mark. 

Did you just post your plat on Facebook?  Got me interested (well, more interested!) in playing this!  I don't mind long grinds and I've got a few 100+ plats on my profile!  Congrats on your plat!  It might take me a while, but I'll post my time here when I'm done!

Edited by FFATMA

4 minutes ago, FFATMA said:

Did you just post your plat on Facebook?  Got me interested (well, more interested!) in playing this!  I don't mind long grinds and I've got a few 100+ plats on my profile!  Congrats on your plat!  It might take me a while, but I'll post my time here when I'm done!

if you mean Jack yes that is me yes lol and thank you!!

• Like 1

Finally got it. That was a grind a half, I'd say even grindier than FOTNS. The file said 135 hours, but I usually leave the game on and let my console go to sleep, so I'd guess around 120-125 hours total. I'm not sure where to post this tip, but grind for the Last of the Dragons sword first then deconstruct it to get 4 dragon fangs and 4 dragon whiskers back. For some reason they decided to remove the ranged attack from it in the kiwami version so it's pretty bad. You can craft the gun that needs those materials afterwards. Saves you some grinding time if you're missing dragon fangs. 

• Like 2

I left the game on AFK a lot, so in game it says 205 hours, but the official time when I look at the game on my homescreen on PS5 has it clocked in at 145.

The methodology of obtaining seals, and making getting extra attempts on failed seal embedding really overinflated the time on this one. Not really sure what they were thinking with this crafting system, but having to rely on save-scumming to obtain new seals makes me feel this wasn't exactly fully thought through all the way, especially when Synthesis from the 2014 version was completely gutted.

125 hours in game's clock. If we count the save scumming with the seals in smithing, probably 130. But also, I spent lots of time doing things just for fun (mahjong mostly).

Took me the same amount of hours that Yakuza 0, but I found Y0 much much much enjoyable in terms of platinum. The mats grinding for smithing and specially, the seals geez... boring and tiring.

94 hours to plat the game. If we also count all the time spent savescumming I would say it was closer to 100 hours.

I had good RNG with the drops and because I didn't get the game 4 days early I was able to farm more efficiently due to having more information available.

Edited by Phantom2654

170 hours platted it today chuffed with this one and adds to all my other yakuza plats and two judgments and fist, what an awesome ride, its just very grind hesvy really, smithing really isnt that bad once you know how. Its just a pain in the fkin ass getting the right seals to show, theres a cheap and clever little way to keep refreshing the RNG for the seals just requires tons of save scumming and crafting a keen blade, saving, then crafting 5-6 stone carvers, noting which craft produces the seal, say the 5th stone carver produced a seal, then reloading save, then craft four of them and of course the 5th craft is where you craft the item in question that carries the seal you need. If not just rinse and repeat all save scumming/crafting. Hopefully those instructions will help someone.  even better right here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjKGbxRuQMs check the one guys comment on the video and it explains everything really well, just remember to swap the divine dragon emblem crafting for which ever other item that carries another outstanding seal you need so later on for example follow same instructions again but instead of divine dragon emblem following the keen blade and stone carver crafting go for say Jumbo Saw instead that has another seal you need. and sensual healing on asura actually isnt that bad at all, it just looks scary on first glance but once you get a little practice in it gets loads easier. Now to endure post yakuza blues and wait for gaiden 

Edited by mike_87

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Zz-Supremacy-zZ said:

Oof this games sounds like a nasty plat, with what seems like RPG FF style item grinding. I'm just gonna wait for a guide and Tips/tricks to be discovered. That will surely optimize the games plat time.

The most recent update improved item drop rates so platinum time has been cut by 10-20+ hours just from that. If you totally optimize your platinum run, you should be able to get it under 100 hours which is on par with the rest of the Yakuza series. 

All the Yakuza games are lengthy plats but the grinds in these 2 Like A Dragon games are ridiculous. They've made 100% completion requirements significantly easier (no more crazy hard mahjong requirements and whatnot) but overcompensated by adding in these ridiculously long grinds. Don't know which is worse honestly. At least in the first Like A Dragon the grind is to get stronger and better stats so you have an easier time in the True Final Millennium Tower. Makes you feel like you're working towards something at least and the grind has a purpose that pays off in the end. 

This one just has you crafting hundreds of gear and equipment all requiring tons of money and materials for gear that you won't even use and have no use for at that point. It's pretty dumb and adds so much unnecessary padding on what otherwise is yet another really good Yakuza game in the series. 

Edited by mega-tallica
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ended up taking me 103 hours according to the Playstation dashboard although my in game play time was only 89 hours. Could've definitely cut it down to less if it wasn't for mahjong (yet again). I wasted at least a couple of hours on that and the 99-hit combo and final Ultimate Challenges gave me trouble. Another 3 or so hours there lost. Got really unfortunate with RNG during crafting too near the end and wasted a lot of time there. The Blessing seal alone took an hour of save scumming to finally get it. So yeah, if you're as efficient as possible and don't waste any time anywhere, you can probably get the plat in less than 90 hours but realistically, you're looking at a 100 hour plat minimum.  

Took me over a month and a half chipping away at it. Don't understand how people can get a game like this platted in only a couple of weeks if that, crazy to me.