Plat without paid subscription possible?

Hey guys.

So I've been postponing this game due to it requiring a subscription to get the plat, due to the 1000 Levequests which are time gated .

But I was reading the website and saw something about playing until lvl 60 with no restrictions on playtime. (https://freetrial.finalfantasyxiv.com/gb/)

Does it mean I can plat the game without paying for a subscription?

This would probably be an incentive for me to start playing this game.

You can definitely meet all the requirements for the trophies/plat under the free trial, as the trophy list never updated past ARR. The only thing I can't confirm is whether or not trophies will pop while utilizing the free trial. I believe they do on PS5, just not 100% sure for PS4.

• Like 1

Trophies don't pop with the free demo, you must buy the game, either the base version or the complete edition, in order to pop your trophies.

But what you can do is meet the requirements for each trophies with the free demo, buy the game during sales and then pop them by triggering the different actions required (kill an enemy, clear a FATE, craft an item, and so on...) during the free month that comes with it.

Please note that some of the restrictions from the free demo (not being able to add friends, to join a guild, use the market board and go beyond lv 60) will make the platinum a bit more tedious than it should be if you play the game normally. But it is perfectly doable.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question. If I let my sub expire, will I still be able to stack levequests? I was thinking that I could get most of the trophies in a couple of months then re-sub every 3 months or so, when I get 100 levequests allowences, but I'm not completely sure if it will work.

Edited by NorthPaul93

6 minutes ago, NorthPaul93 said:

I have a question. If I let my sub expire, will I still be able to stack levequests? I was thinking that I could get most of the trophies in a couple of months then re-sub every 3 months or so, when I get 100 levequests allowences, but I'm not completely sure if it will work.

Yes, this works. You can also try aiming for free-login weekends to come back and use them. For example, there is currently a 4-day free login period that is going on til; May 8th.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Yes, this works. You can also try aiming for free-login weekends to come back and use them. For example, there is currently a 4-day free login period that is going on til; May 8th.

Awesome! I already bought the started edition, so I have 30 days to get most of the trophies out of the way. I will probably let the sub expire after this and look out for free weekend logins.

Edited by NorthPaul93

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yesterday the game allowed me to complete 32 levequests, I didn't understand why, it is supposed to enable 3 every 12 hours, Saturday and Sunday I remember not doing them due to lack of time, but still, does anyone know if it is related to the Easter event?