Will we ever be able to delete trophy lists that are higher than 0%

Jachroth05

21 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Besides, it seems kind of phony in that it would mess up your completion %, rarity %’s of all trophies, trophy count, and milestones.

It is a hard no from me, dawg.

While I do agree that the option should never be available, Sony doesn't give a shit about completion percentages, rarity nor your milestones.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jachroth05 said:

Do you think Sony/PlayStation will introduce an option to completely delete a game information from our PSN ID, not like right now where you can ''delete'' a game only if it's a 0% or hide it from your list, but like properly delete it, so it won't show up ever again lowering your stats like you've never played it.

Lets hope not.

• Like 2

Thats a feature I would enjoy having, but if it never comes then its not the end of the world either. Maybe I would delete 3-4 games from my list, but I don't think I have that much to be embarrassed about there so it is not that important to me. Given that it has not come so far I think it is quite unlikely that Sony suddenly gets a change of heart, as they have shown in the past that they do not care for trophies or trophy hunters all that much. There might be a slight chance of Sony trying to amp up their list of new features with something like this once the PS5 release is about to happen, as it is easy to implement and most people do not care all that much so they just see an extra feature on the list, but I would not bet on it. When it comes to the supposed problems with cheaters or hackers abusing this, thats a nonsensical argument given that our leaderboard has quite a lot of people who have group accounts, abuse everything legal or illegal available to them, so the actual credibility of the leaderboard is already highly questionable at best even before counting in all these 30 minute plats padding out accounts to absurd degrees. Also if a hacker is deep enough into your account already that he could delete your trophies then you have bigger things to worry about, like permanently losing access to a significant part of your library.

24 minutes ago, dj_helyx said:

While I do agree that the option should never be available, Sony doesn't give a shit about completion percentages, rarity nor your milestones.

No, of course not.  They care about the first part, customer service calls from accidentally deleted or hacked accounts.

4 minutes ago, pot1414 said:

I agree with everyone but let me tell you that the reason this isn't going to happen is because Sony couldn't do it even if they wanted to.Deleting trophies would decimate the database.Same reason microsoft didn't do it many years ago.

So from a techincal standpoint, you're saying it's impossible due to all the problems it would cause. I'm not really tech/systems savvy, but would like to know excatly which problems it could create.

In that case, i'd hope that they enhance the hide option in some way, just to get rid of games you can't play anymore or ones that got unobtainable trophies for any reason.

18 minutes ago, Jachroth05 said:

So from a techincal standpoint, you're saying it's impossible due to all the problems it would cause. I'm not really tech/systems savvy, but would like to know excatly which problems it could create.

In that case, i'd hope that they enhance the hide option in some way, just to get rid of games you can't play anymore or ones that got unobtainable trophies for any reason.

One of the main problems will be fragmentation.Google "database fragmentation" if you are interested in learning technical stuff.

• Like 3

Even if such an option is available I would be a fool to delete ANYTHING from my profile.

All the stuff I've started and completed is part of my history with trophy hunting. I don't like the fact Grand Theft Auto V is on my list twice and I'll probably never be able to do either version to 100 percent, but it's some history I can look back to.

I can pretend and hide a bunch of games, but for what? To make my completion percentage a bit more impressive?

People can hide games if they so wish. Deleting them just brings too many problems to the table, and it completely destroys the dedication and work necessary to maintain a respectable 100 percent trophy hunting profile.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

It's a great feature that allows you to control the way your account appears. And while there is a hidden feature, let's be honest if you hide trophies, everyone thinks you are a cheater, so it simply is not enough.

1) You can delete games that a friend played on your account. This is really annoying if you have ever had a friend play something on your PS4 before.

2) If you can delete the game and the trophies are subtracted from your total, you should be able to re-earn the trophies. This means you can make multiple platinum speed runs on the same profile instead of needing a slew of them.

3) This is a necessary guard again things like server shutdowns without warning, unreleased DLC, delisted DLC, trophies that are just unobtainable because of a patch.

At the very least I would like to see a feature for games with less than 10% being able to be deleted. Almost every modern game awards you a trophy in the first 5 minutes. Thus, you can't delete a game if you do not like it.

I dissagree. Even 10%. Better to have it like it is and its your gaming history!

I don't see Sony allowing deletion of games from a profile, and honestly, don't think it's really necessary. It may well do more harm than good. That said, here's another NO. Maybe they could allow you to set a minimum percent for a game before PSN adds it to your profile.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge

Putting aside that it is not feasible, as stated above... I honestly don't think that Sony cares enough about trophies to make any changes to the system. Hell, if anything, they don't care at all about them, or there would be a better quality control. 

Also, most of the players don't hunt for trophies, so this implementation would be welcome by a very small percentage of buyers. 

Personally, I am against a feature like this. A high-completion profile requires effort and commitment, and would be basically "for free" with this feature. 

• 2 years later...
1 minute ago, XOblivion100 said:

We already have the ability to delete trophy lists that are 0% and we can hide them from other players but is there a possibility that we will be able to delete trophy lists that are higher than 0% in the future? 

Trophies have been around a while now and even deleting 0% took some time, so I guess there's a possibility, but it's unlikely. If anything, it would just be to delete any game people from their trophy list because every single number from 1-99 would be arbitrary and any other limitations would similarly be arbitrary.

• Like 2

I don’t think it’s likely, but being able to reset a trophy list (which would achieve the same goal) is a feature I’d welcome. It would probably not be equally welcomed by players who put effort into high completion rates, though.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Trophies have been around a while now and even deleting 0% took some time, so I guess there's a possibility, but it's unlikely. If anything, it would just be to delete any game people from their trophy list because every single number from 1-99 would be arbitrary and any other limitations would similarly be arbitrary.

If that’s not possible then I hope they will give us the ability to hide trophy lists from ourselves. There’s games that I played a few years ago that I don’t want to reminded of when scrolling through my list.

• Like 1

I would like this feature, but I can't see Sony implementing it as it was mess up all the trophy rarities on PSN, and with the number of games and users, if everyone was messing around and deleting trophies and things, would the server handle this?

Another issue would be if a hacker got into your account and just deleted all your trophies. 

But... I feel this would work if they just did it properly, like when you go to delete a trophy list, have it input your password and do two step verification with your phone, and requiring you to have 2 step verification to delete trophies. That would create some kind of security should a hacker get in. 

I hide number of trophies as I only want games I like on my profile, 15 platinums to be exact. The hidden games are shovelware food games that I obviously want to hide as I cannot delete them. I don't care about the whole accused of cheater thing or whatever, as I know myself I don't cheat, I do not participate in any leaderboard or competitions or other things as I only game as a persand also my account is a reflection of my proper games, so I kept them hidden as it was a mistaken misadventure of the past where i bought them to try increase my completion %. Although I do not care what others think, it would be nice to have more control of our trophy lists, as it looks messy and cluttered if you have tons of random games. 

On 28/03/2020 at 8:39 AM, Arcesius said:

Putting aside that it is not feasible, as stated above... I honestly don't think that Sony cares enough about trophies to make any changes to the system. Hell, if anything, they don't care at all about them, or there would be a better quality control. 

Also, most of the players don't hunt for trophies, so this implementation would be welcome by a very small percentage of buyers. 

Personally, I am against a feature like this. A high-completion profile requires effort and commitment, and would be basically "for free" with this feature. 

Completion % is a thing on this site by the way, it doesn't exist on PSN itself. So as far as Sony is concerned, they would not account for completion % feature or what players who put effort into it have to say since they don't have it, and yeah most people do not hunt trophies so would not care. Plus the % of people who are on this site and using completion % is tiny, considering this is an english site and hence excludes a lot of the non english speaking players, and further limited to just trophy hunters.