Will we ever be able to delete trophy lists that are higher than 0%

Jachroth05

19 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I would like this feature, but I can't see Sony implementing it as it was mess up all the trophy rarities on PSN, and with the number of games and users, if everyone was messing around and deleting trophies and things, would the server handle this?

Another issue would be if a hacker got into your account and just deleted all your trophies. 

But... I feel this would work if they just did it properly, like when you go to delete a trophy list, have it input your password and do two step verification with your phone, and requiring you to have 2 step verification to delete trophies. That would create some kind of security should a hacker get in. 

I hide number of trophies as I only want games I like on my profile, 15 platinums to be exact. The hidden games are shovelware food games that I obviously want to hide as I cannot delete them. I don't care about the whole accused of cheater thing or whatever, as I know myself I don't cheat, I do not participate in any leaderboard or competitions or other things as I only game as a persand also my account is a reflection of my proper games, so I kept them hidden as it was a mistaken misadventure of the past where i bought them to try increase my completion %. Although I do not care what others think, it would be nice to have more control of our trophy lists, as it looks messy and cluttered if you have tons of random games. 

Completion % is a thing on this site by the way, it doesn't exist on PSN itself. So as far as Sony is concerned, they would not account for completion % feature or what players who put effort into it have to say since they don't have it, and yeah most people do not hunt trophies so would not care. Plus the % of people who are on this site and using completion % is tiny, considering this is an english site and hence excludes a lot of the non english speaking players, and further limited to just trophy hunters. 

How do you handle being able to see them when you look through your own trophy list? I’m currently struggling with this lol

• Like 1

all of you guys worried about people being in your account if this gets added?

You guys are the real trophy hunters since you are more worried about your trophies being deleted rather than someone being able to have your personal info, payment on the account, and all the games you have bought digitally over the years (so all the hundreds and hundreds of stacks for press the breakpoint b )

I hide games that I for one reason or another know I will never complete and rather not look at, I dont shoot for a 100% profile anyway I rather just not see games I know I cant plat (looking at you RTS genre)

sort of related: at what point do people stop assuming hidden trophies = cheater? If there is 50 trophies hidden that sort of makes sense but if someone had 1000 trophies hidden I would question how their profile wasn't removed at some point lol 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2020 at 10:57 PM, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

You guys are thinking the wrong way...

They should let us upload the trophy list manually if we want to. 

So you can play any game and if you cant 100% it and give up. You can just delete the Game and Profile data and the trophies will be gone. 

Oof I really like this idea. I wonder how it’d work with online trophies though.

I'd like to be able to delete trophies if only because I like keeping things tidy at somepoint.

The actual solution would be to have an option to hide trophies not just from others but yourself. Which doesn't seem like it would be a problem to implement, we can already do it with games/apps etc so why not trophies? Then I can hide that trophy list from myself and keep things more tidy. Out of sight, out of mind as it were. This is not a mindset I imagine is the least bit uncommon either.

Edited by BlaizeV
  • Like 4

Not gonna happen unless you can explain how it is a privacy issue.

Hiding a game/trophy was made because some people play those pervy games and need to hide them...

So with hiding there wasn't really a reason why Sony need to go further and allow deleting.

Maybe if one day Sony release a official site like PSNP, to track and have a community etc, then maybe we get delete.

It could happen but because it would involve fiddling with the servers it would be a paid service and might even require you to go offline for a while which could be more trouble than it's worth. But hey since Sony love to monetize things and the trophy community is sizeable I could see it happen down the road. It'll be a huge pain for the mods here.

Why?!  What for?  So people can have a fake 100% profile?  I'm proud of my entire trophy profile and all the games I have played whether I platinumed them or not.  It's an actual representation of my gaming and trophy-hunting history and of both my gaming accomplishments - the platinums I've earned - and my failings - those games that I didn't platinum for whatever reason.  Why would anyone want to be able to delete the trophies they earned?  Again, just so they can have a fake 100% profile?  Wow!  The vanity!  If it's that important to you then start a brand new profile and go for 100% completion on that.  I hope Sony never even lends a moment's thought to such a dumb idea. 

• Like 4

Just now, Spider-Man916 said:

Why?!  What for?  So people can have a fake 100% profile?

Not everyone (in fact hardly anyone in the grand scale) thinks about 100% completion. Most of the people suggesting have already said they have a game or two they want to remove, not every game that’s not 100%. 

30 minutes ago, LadyGallethX3 said:

Hiding a game/trophy was made because some people play those pervy games and need to hide them...

What?? Where is your source for this hot take?

5 minutes ago, Spider-Man916 said:

And you know as well as I that plenty of people would be deleting off every game they couldn't platinum or 100% just to have an all platinum or 100% profile.  It's a ridiculous idea.

Sure, some would, most wouldn’t.

You’re right in that it probably wouldn’t ever happen. I just don’t think it would be any big deal at all if it did.

27 minutes ago, Spider-Man916 said:

Why?!  What for?  So people can have a fake 100% profile?  I'm proud of my entire trophy profile and all the games I have played whether I platinumed them or not.  It's an actual representation of my gaming and trophy-hunting history and of both my gaming accomplishments - the platinums I've earned - and my failings - those games that I didn't platinum for whatever reason.  Why would anyone want to be able to delete the trophies they earned?  Again, just so they can have a fake 100% profile?  Wow!  The vanity!  If it's that important to you then start a brand new profile and go for 100% completion on that.  I hope Sony never even lends a moment's thought to such a dumb idea. 

You are proud of stacking the mayo game? ?

since you didn't read it the first time: " I hide games that I for one reason or another know I will never complete and rather not look at, I dont shoot for a 100% profile anyway I rather just not see games I know I cant plat (looking at you RTS genre) "

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Spider-Man916 said:

They are probably embarrassed of what they played and don’t want to be reminded of it when they scroll through their own trophy list.

• Like 1

I think this will never come.

Think of all the risk like deleting a wrong Game you work hard on it and whats more worse your Trophy Milestone would be a total mess up.

Well Sony could avoid it if they making the delete trophys a new species like *delete trophy* and the count would be still right, but thats more or less the same than hidden trophies, so i think this will not come anytime soon.

On 3/26/2020 at 9:42 AM, Jachroth05 said:

Do you think Sony/PlayStation will introduce an option to completely delete a game information from our PSN ID, not like right now where you can ''delete'' a game only if it's a 0% or hide it from your list, but like properly delete it, so it won't show up ever again lowering your stats like you've never played it.

We could petition or protest about it forever, but Sony won't listen to us. To them, deleting trophies off the account is like saying you hate the game and refuse to commit, meaning you're throwing it in the trash and they are losing money. They know if you have a trophy you can't delete, you'll be obsessed with getting the platinum even though you hate the game, so the game devs can hit you with DLC and Sony rakes in more profits when you buy it.

The reason we can delete 0% trophy lists is because we haven't committed yet and can come back later. Also, if you have to make a new account, that means you give e-mail companies more money by making new e-mails for the new accounts, and Sony is probably getting a penny from those companies as well. So no, deleting incomplete trophy lists will probably never happen in our lifetimes. :(

NOTE: This is my opinion and not actual fact. I have no knowledge on the minds of Sony.

21 minutes ago, Meikoro said:

Think of all the risk like deleting a wrong Game you work hard on it and whats more worse your Trophy Milestone would be a total mess up.

This too. I think the risk here is that you might accidentally delete a trophy list that has a platinum trophy on it, like a game which hasn't been 100% complete, and you'll lose the platinum and have to re-earn it. There's no good solution to this problem. Either commit or make a new account.

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

The occasional grumble or complaint they routinely get from people who want to be able to delete that one unobtainable game from thier profile, or that game they just couldn’t conquer, or that game they hated but earned a trophy or two, or that embarrassing shovelware they don’t want to show off…

…or whatever few games they would want to delete for whatever reason…

…is nothing compared to the shitstorm of (totally legitimate) complaints that would rain down upon them like a firehose of sewage if they added that functionality, and something went wrong with it, and it deleted some folks hard-won trophies when it wasn’t supposed to.

I think the only function of deleting incomplete lists that should be added is the first option - if a game's 100% or platinum is unobtainable due to server closure, the devs, before they shut it down, should pay Sony to give the option to remove the trophy list from your console. But then again, if you are that anal about 100% trophies, like I was or might still be, then you need to reconsider how you play video games. I had a 100% trophies and empty trophy advisor for 58 platinums before I ran into Minecraft. I might be able to 100% Minecraft, but it would take a lot of work and boosting to get all those DLC trophies that I can't obtain on the PS4 version due to how it requires an older version for two packs.

Edited by Taruta13

28 minutes ago, xItsLesterx said:

shit... did Sony ever fix not letting you delete your 0% from a PS5? Last I checked, you couldn't but haven't tried in awhile ? if they haven't (and even if they did fix it), I highly doubt it. 

I don’t know if it was a problem more recently than this, but I deleted a couple of 0%s back in December (Vampire: Swansong and Tales of Arise; just didn’t feel the vibe, decided to come back for them later.)

I don't necessarily want to delete trophies, but I do kinda like the idea of hiding games from myself on my actual list, not just on here or from other people. Then they wouldn't actually be gone, I just wouldn't be able to see them, my compulsive brain would not be upset, and nothing is affected points/leaderboard wise or whatever. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, XOblivion100 said:

How do you guys deal with seeing games you’re  embarrassed of or don’t like on your trophy list if you know Playstation will most likely never give you the ability to get rid of them? 

As cliche as it might be, I have come to accept the mistakes I've made and use them as motivation to tackle challenges going forward. There are bigger mistakes in the history of trophy hunting than 3 shovelware platinums and 3 autopops.

But I like not being able to delete trophy lists if I'm being honest. I appreciate having to acknowledge and reconcile with my mistakes. It makes my accomplishments more valuable in contrast because having losses to look back on makes me so much more appreciative of the wins. Further, it makes profiles with a long-standing history of avoiding "mistakes" (however you define mistaken behavior within the trophy hunting hobby) that much cooler and more valuable. I get the appeal behind wanting one of those accounts, but I'm not personally jealous so much as I am truly impressed. I guess in short, I have learned to embrace being nothing special lol.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ashande said:

I don’t know if it was a problem more recently than this, but I deleted a couple of 0%s back in December (Vampire: Swansong and Tales of Arise; just didn’t feel the vibe, decided to come back for them later.)

Nah. This was back when the console was just release but you saying that, I'm assuming you can do it now.