NG+ playthroughs and future DLC

BusyFace13

Hi everyone.

I'm expecting to complete Wo Long in the next day or so. I'm Level 110. In advance of any future DLC, would prior Nioh/Team Ninja players recommend grinding out NG+ missions for more Genuine Qi/5 Star loot before the arrival of any potential DLC?

I see that Nioh 2 DLC had trophies related to difficulty. Did this require the base game already being conpleted on that difficulty, or could you jump straight into DLC missions with NG gear rarity and having never played NG+?

I understand we won't know for sure until any future DLC actually releases, but I'm just looking to hear the thoughts and recommendations of Team Ninja veterans.

So the way it worked in Nioh was that you only needed to beat a portion of the missions in order to progress NG+ difficulties. Like instead of beating all the main missions in sequential order, you just needed to beat some X number of missions to further unlock more missions- until you got to the final mission. Completing the final main mission would then unlock the *next* NG+

Wo Long is designed a little differently in a number of ways where the game is a bit easier, and the trophies aren't as grindy (notice there's no trophies regarding mastery of all weapons, and you basically unlock all wizardry spells at the same time) So it's a bit hard to predict what the Wo Long DLCs will look like.

If they follow the trend, it'll be 1 trophy for each main mission on regular NG, 1 trophy for some optional requirement in each main mission, some collectable trophies. Nioh DLC trophies usually also have a mastery trophy for the new weapon and one for beating the DLC on NG++... but Wo Long's base game doesn't have those two kind of trophies, so maybe they won't have them.

So.... do you need to complete NG+ for DLC trophies? Depends if they make an NG++ trophy lol. Nioh 1 had it, but Wo Long's base list seems to hint it may not. No guarantees until it comes out.

On 15.3.2023 at 5:15 AM, Mr_Bandicoot93 said:

I definitely will do. Wo Long is my first Team Ninja Game or second if you count Stranger of Paradise. I am level 135 but now the XP you need for a level up are slowly getting insane xD. I want to do everything to get best prepared for the dlc.

If you are level 135 now then you should be all set for the DLCs, they will most likely introduce new weapons or spells and since you can easily and for free redo your skills in this game you won't have any problems presumably.

If you like Wo Long you should definitely give Nioh and Nioh 2 a shot! They are both amazing games, Nioh 2 even more so than 1. Many people, me included even say the Nioh games are much, much better than Wo Long.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NanaCheese94 said:

If you are level 135 now then you should be all set for the DLCs, they will most likely introduce new weapons or spells and since you can easily and for free redo your skills in this game you won't have any problems presumably.

If you like Wo Long you should definitely give Nioh and Nioh 2 a shot! They are both amazing games, Nioh 2 even more so than 1. Many people, me included even say the Nioh games are much, much better than Wo Long.

I agree, Nioh is much better than Wo Long. More difficult too, but with the right build they can be easy. Especially the first Nioh with living weapon that you can use all the time if you have enough spirit stones. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sharkyis- said:

Especially the first Nioh with living weapon that you can use all the time if you have enough spirit stones. 

That strategy Is kind of exploity imo but there is nothing wrong with that. That is the beauty of Nioh, there are so many different ways to build your character and everyone gets some fun out of it one way or another. It's a lot harder to get good gear too, and ressources can be sparse in the beginning. In Wo Long the equipment seems almost trivial, I haven't looked at the stats at all so far. They better not bring this into Nioh 3. The free reskilling while also keeping the magic unlocked is nice though, saves a lot of annoyance.

On 17.3.2023 at 4:15 PM, Sharkyis- said:

I agree, Nioh is much better than Wo Long. More difficult too, but with the right build they can be easy. Especially the first Nioh with living weapon that you can use all the time if you have enough spirit stones. 

Wasn’t this patched years ago? It works if you have the 1.00 disc version but if you are digital only you can’t abuse the living weapon exploit anymore 

56 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Wasn’t this patched years ago? It works if you have the 1.00 disc version but if you are digital only you can’t abuse the living weapon exploit anymore 

Its not a exploit. What i ment is keep all your spirit stones and when you have not living weapon avaible use it so it is. Then when fighting boss or hard enemies you can either when you use living weapon pop a stone to refill it mid fight or when it runs out , run away from enemy or boss and keep eating stones till it fills again to reuse. That is not a exploit, just smart use of your spirit stones.