Last of us: Problems with online. Help?

Xecution149

Ok so recently i've been experiencing some problems with the Last of us online factions. One of the problems I have is when I connect it says "connecting" and the progress bar slowly fills and then when it fulls completely, the game freezes. Another problem I have is when I'm loading into a match, it disconnects me just before I join and then it counts as a day and a bunch of my people become hungry and sick because I never got the supplies since the match disconnected me but still decided to count it. Another problem i'm having which I can't seem to be able to fix even after cleaning the disc several times which seems to fix the other problems (sometimes) is when playing a game, the people don't talk like normally for example if you mark someone your guy will be like "Hey look, Firefly" or if you go to craft he'l be like "watch my ass" or if he is healing himself he will say "gimmie a sec, gotta patch up" but for some reason, today when I was playing, the characters would not talk when performing actions. Only time they talked was at the very beginning when they say like "Fireflies were spotted in this area.

Anyway yeah anyone else having issues because with me it seems like the game is really sensitive. Like even the smallest fingerprint and the game won't load up. Please if anyone could give advice it would be much appreciated :)

the characters doesn't have to talk every time you do something specifically, the loading bar may be because of your internet connection, and the disconnect part because maybe the host declined the match or again your internet connection. 

the characters doesn't have to talk every time you do something specifically, the loading bar may be because of your internet connection, and the disconnect part because maybe the host declined the match or again your internet connection. 

I know the characters don't talk every time but for me they NEVER talk. One time they always talk is when you mark someone, they will ALWAYS say something but for me they don't :/

Edited by Xecution149

the only problem i had in the online is the " white plug icon " that cause your character to freeze in his / her place, and never leaves you alone until you get killed by someone, it really annoyed me to death! also the reason of my entire clan to be wiped off, i gave up on the firefly and hunter trophies because of this until my brother lend me his help by unlocking them for me, since he's already plated the last of us on his account and nearly broke a controller by doing so.

i thought it's my internet ( which is not the best in the world ) but when i play Uncharted 2 and 3 multiplayers or Killzone 2 or 3's or sonic and sega all stars racing or even using PS Home they never lag at all. this never happen to me before the latest patch that came with left behind story DLC. 

• Like 1

the only problem i had in the online is the " white plug icon " that cause your character to freeze in his / her place, and never leaves you alone until you get killed by someone, it really annoyed me to death! also the reason of my entire clan to be wiped off, i gave up on the firefly and hunter trophies because of this until my brother lend me his help by unlocking them for me, since he's already plated the last of us on his account and nearly broke a controller by doing so.

i thought it's my internet ( which is not the best in the world ) but when i play Uncharted 2 and 3 multiplayers or Killzone 2 or 3's or sonic and sega all stars racing or even using PS Home they never lag at all. this never happen to me before the latest patch that came with left behind story DLC. 

Oh yeah the freaking white plug bullshit. Idk why but 90% of the time when it happens to me, it's always when im in the open for all enemies to see. Yesterday I spotted the whole enemy team and I was hiding behind cover and then couldn't see me. Was about to throw a smoke bomb and then the fucking white plug bullshit comes on and by the time it comes back, the enemies had already found and killed me >:/

You could always try the normal PS3 maitenance stuff. Never hurts to do this stuff once in a while anyway.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-Support/Restoring-your-PS3-File-System-amp-Database-Helps-to-Maintain/td-p/37322987

Ok I tried that and I also re-installed the game. I am not having the no voice issue anymore so one of those two must have fixed it. Thanks for your help :)

Also yeah it used to not happen to me until about a month ago. I am hoping they will fix this issue because I know it's nothing to do with the internet of the player. I see it happening to lots of others as well.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

FOR CONNECTION BAR FREEZ I figured out that if u click the factions option in the main menu, wait for it to say connecting then immediately press the home button and wait untill the loading bar stops moving, then exit the home button and wait for the Facebook message removal thing, after saying ok or whatever click the home button again and wait for the factions menu to appear

• Like 3

• 3 years later...
On 20/01/2016 at 9:26 PM, TheplayerAC said:

FOR CONNECTION BAR FREEZ I figured out that if u click the factions option in the main menu, wait for it to say connecting then immediately press the home button and wait untill the loading bar stops moving, then exit the home button and wait for the Facebook message removal thing, after saying ok or whatever click the home button again and wait for the factions menu to appear

Thanks for the tip, still works on this unfixed bug if theirs in 2019 ?