March Madness 2023 Thread

whodeygamer

Since nobody else has made a thread like this, I’ve decided to make one myself. This is the place to discuss anything regarding this year’s March Madness. Now’s a good time to start the discussion since we have our first big upset of the tournament with #13 Furman knocking off #4 Virginia in the South region.

In my work pool, I have 2 of the 11 perfect brackets left after 2 games because I told my coworkers to never trust Virginia. Was I lucky or was my contempt for Virginia basketball due to them ruining my bracket a few years back and my vow to never pick them to win again valid?

World may never know. xD

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

1 minute ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

In my work pool, I have 2/11 perfect brackets left after 2 games because I told my coworkers to never trust Virginia. Was I lucky or was my contempt for Virginia basketball due to them ruining my bracket a few years back and my vow to never pick them to win again valid?

World may never know. xD

I should’ve followed suit because my bracket’s already busted lol

Just now, whodeygamer said:

I should’ve followed suit because my bracket’s already busted lol

Take a picture of my post and hang it up next year so you know who not to pick. Haha.

I was on a work call in the office and people were legit screaming in the break room. I looked up ESPN and saw 63-67 thinking Virginia must've made a 3 and 1. My phone then updated to 65-67 with 7 seconds left.

I heard someone yell "Only two seconds left!" and then as soon as I heard it, changed to 68-67. :) Gotta love the madness. Literally my favorite time of year.

1 minute ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Take a picture of my post and hang it up next year so you know who not to pick. Haha.

I was on a work call in the office and people were legit screaming in the break room. I looked up ESPN and saw 63-67 thinking Virginia must've made a 3 and 1. My phone then updated to 65-67 with 7 seconds left.

I heard someone yell "Only two seconds left!" and then as soon as I heard it, changed to 68-67. :) Gotta love the madness. Literally my favorite time of year.

Yup aside from NFL season March Madness is also my favorite time of year! I’m always cheering and hoping for upsets. As far as Virginia goes, yeah not sure why I thought this year would be different from the usual but I definitely won’t be picking them next year to make a run unless they have like only 1 loss lol.

• Like 1

IT’S HAPPENED AGAIN! A 16 HAS BEATEN A 1! Fairleigh Dickinson, the smallest team in D-I Men’s Basketball took down Purdue, one of the tallest teams! I still remember when all I wanted was to see that happen once, now it’s happened twice in tournament history, the first being UMBC in 2018.

Edited by whodeygamer