Do all 45 seals drop outside smithing/crafting?

mike_87

Just wondered as i dont wanna mess about too much with the smithing system as its horrendous and save scumming to try and get seals to appear by use of smithing sounds awful...Ideally just literally want to use smithing for crafting al 206 weapons and thats it otherwise it will be alot of hassle.  I've got like 8 seals left so ive come this far.

Edit: Check that newest update because it added a bunch as drops, but I do think a number of them you're still better save scumming for. 

Over a long enough time maybe, but there are some like Blessing which is only on Divine Dragon Emblem which you'd have an absurdly small chance of getting dropped with a Seal on it, it would be hard to verify without datamining the game and there's near no point in grinding that out on its own.

If you've not done the smithing yet then just do it at the same time as trying to get the remaining Seals you need. I had 6 left when I started and got them all before I was halfway done smithing by just saving before every weapon, reloading if one dropped with a seal and then checking the possible items that dropped the seals I had left. Far easier than trying to sit and grind drops for potentially 10x as long. 

Edited by Gage

9 hours ago, Gage said:

Edit: Check that newest update because it added a bunch as drops, but I do think a number of them you're still better save scumming for. 

Over a long enough time maybe, but there are some like Blessing which is only on Divine Dragon Emblem which you'd have an absurdly small chance of getting dropped with a Seal on it, it would be hard to verify without datamining the game and there's near no point in grinding that out on its own.

If you've not done the smithing yet then just do it at the same time as trying to get the remaining Seals you need. I had 6 left when I started and got them all before I was halfway done smithing by just saving before every weapon, reloading if one dropped with a seal and then checking the possible items that dropped the seals I had left. Far easier than trying to sit and grind drops for potentially 10x as long. 

Just sounds a super awkward process though, theres a new patch today anyone know the changes theyve made?

Edited by mike_87

I have five seals left now...barely touched smithing for anything other than simply crafting each weapon, but the seals I have left are Bewitched, Reversal, Adamnatine, Hemostasis, and blessing

Edited by mike_87

On 2023. 3. 17. at 10:53 PM, mike_87 said:

I have five seals left now...barely touched smithing for anything other than simply crafting each weapon, but the seals I have left are Bewitched, Reversal, Adamnatine, Hemostasis, and blessing

Did you also get Repentance as a drop ? Another guy on a similar topic was struggling to get the Yoshiyuki with the seal attached in the Battle Dungeon.

I know for sure I never got Blessing, Repentance, Hemostasis and Bewitched as a regular drop, even after fighting hundreds and hundreds of random guys to activate the Trooper abilities 1500 times.

14 hours ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

Did you also get Repentance as a drop ? Another guy on a similar topic was struggling to get the Yoshiyuki with the seal attached in the Battle Dungeon.

I know for sure I never got Blessing, Repentance, Hemostasis and Bewitched as a regular drop, even after fighting hundreds and hundreds of random guys to activate the Trooper abilities 1500 times.

All done now ? yeah those ones you mentioned were the last 4 or 5 i had left, the save scumming with smithing is actually dead easy the hard part is literally just getting the right seal to drop. Just followed a guys written instructions on youtube but yeah the rng refreshing with save scumming/keen blade and stonecarver crafting, taking note of the amount of weapons it took for a seal to drop etc is dead easy once you get the pattern down 

Still missing the Blessing seal. Is the Divine Dragon Emblem the only gear i can get it from? I crafted almost 6 and all i am getting is the Drunken Craze or Fierce battle. The required materials to craft the emblem are expensive too (Eye of the dragon takes forever for me to get). 

If anyone knows any other way to get it then please share. It is the only seal i need for the 100%

On 3/25/2023 at 8:05 AM, Adam said:

Still missing the Blessing seal. Is the Divine Dragon Emblem the only gear i can get it from? I crafted almost 6 and all i am getting is the Drunken Craze or Fierce battle. The required materials to craft the emblem are expensive too (Eye of the dragon takes forever for me to get). 

If anyone knows any other way to get it then please share. It is the only seal i need for the 100%

save scum. If you don't get blessing seal just reload and craft a different gear instead of divine dragon

• Like 1

On 3/25/2023 at 5:05 AM, Adam said:

I just received it from the War God amulet, not sure if this was added with the patch or not.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

What is the best way to get the 'Antidote' Seal? I have been trying for 3 hours solely on that and it will not drop. Been crafting Ebisu's Eboshi, Herbalist's Binding and Hidden Blade Gauntlets, are there any other that have the potential to drop it? Only seal I need for the platinum and this is beyond bad RNG.

• 1 month later...
On 23.4.2023 at 1:03 AM, ShadowWalsh said:

What is the best way to get the 'Antidote' Seal? I have been trying for 3 hours solely on that and it will not drop. Been crafting Ebisu's Eboshi, Herbalist's Binding and Hidden Blade Gauntlets, are there any other that have the potential to drop it? Only seal I need for the platinum and this is beyond bad RNG.

I'm in the same boat right now, where did you finally get the seal, I'm trying ebisu's eboshi, does the other equipment you mentioned have a chance for antidote too?

13 minutes ago, lemaestre said:

I'm in the same boat right now, where did you finally get the seal, I'm trying ebisu's eboshi, does the other equipment you mentioned have a chance for antidote too?

This was my last one too. At first I only tried Ebisu’s Eboshi but after almost 10 hours I still didn’t got the seal. I got it pretty quick on one of the other two, can’t remember which one. So yeah, you can get the seal on the others too.

15 hours ago, Baker said:

At first I only tried Ebisu’s Eboshi but after almost 10 hours I still didn’t got the seal.

When I see messages like this I become more confident in my decision to not even bother with this platinum.

I got Antidote from Tranquil Towel, so if you're having trouble try that one in addition to Ebisu and Herbalist Binding. I read in one of those spreadsheets that the seal that spawns on Herbalist is always going to be the same as Hidden Blade Gauntlets (for a fixed seed) and that was consistent with my experience. There's probably some weird shortcuts they're doing with the RNG calculation.

I suspect that if we knew the full tables of what seals could appear where, some of these would not be so difficult.