Mission S-Ranks

I can S-rank 1-2 pretty easily. Just 3 shots of the focus lens with ~50k each time.

It may help to have the Chain lens fully upgraded and have it in one of the equip slots.

Also, I noticed if my character has low spirit points in the main game, I'll have low spirit points in the missions. So have full spirit points in the main game as well

I got the S in 1-2 by simply hitting him with a charge shot then before he fades away hitting him with a weaker shot. It’d give the two chain bonus. For the final two attacks I used a charge attack followed by the blue lens that does a bubble explosion.

If you’re struggling with S on 1-2 I’d be dreading it on the later stages, some of them are absolutely ridiculous. There’s one where you have to get flashlight kills against 3 enemies in 3 minutes. Thought I was doing super well and had 60, was still a C somehow.

Edited by Oberlin1694

7 hours ago, Oberlin1694 said:

I got the S in 1-2 by simply hitting him with a charge shot then before he fades away hitting him with a weaker shot. It’d give the two chain bonus. For the final two attacks I used a charge attack followed by the blue lens that does a bubble explosion.

If you’re struggling with S on 1-2 I’d be dreading it on the later stages, some of them are absolutely ridiculous. There’s one where you have to get flashlight kills against 3 enemies in 3 minutes. Thought I was doing super well and had 60, was still a C somehow.

I allready got an S-Rank on all missions. 1-2 is the only hard mission but just because i did too much damage. all other missions are pretty easy.

Edited by SairenOne

3 hours ago, SairenOne said:

I allready got an S-Rank on all missions. 1-2 is the only hard mission but just because i did too much damage. all other missions are pretty easy.

Well, rather than saying they’re ‘pretty easy’, maybe you could actually y’know give some tips on them for those of us who are struggling. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

You really need to have completed the game on Nightmare and complete the ghost list and all collectibles for this to become relatively simple. Having both Lunar Lens and Optimal and Aquire upgrades makes all of Ruka and Misaki missions a breeze using the following trick. 

Ruka - Optimal upgrade, Highest tier film you are given, Lunar Lens.

For all ghosts use optimal for fatal frames twice and then hit Lunar Lens.  The higher quality the film the higher the score.  Quantity won't matter with Optimal.  Fatal Frame doesn't seem to consume film.  Note.  Some ghosts are weaker and will only allow one Fatal Frame and then Lunar.  Adjust accordingly.

Misaki. Same load out exept use crush lens since she doesn't have Lunar.

For all ghosts 1-2 fatal frames, and then crush with highest tier film given.  After I found this trick I don't think I ever missed an S rank.

Kurishima strategies vary.  Focus lens is your friend on the ones where you have to kill higher HP enemies.  For some missions just tap attacks to speed kill does the trick rather than charging.  For the ceiling ghost I used Max shot then Focus.  Always be aware of your spirit gauge and try to recharge once you stun the ghost or kill a group.  You don't want to get caught without power and surrounded. 

Hope these tips help anyone going for these. 

Edited by silverwolf40
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/7/2023 at 9:13 AM, hawkiq said:

How to enter mission with full lens points? I always enter mission and I can't use any lens unless shot few shots.

It seems as though you have to be at full charge on your file in the main game. Mission Mode appears to copy your status for all three characters exactly as they are when entering missions. I even had to run through a few chapters myself to get my full charge on everyone before beginning.