Any good games or hidden gems that are worth trying on PS Vita??

No longer here

This spring and summer I will be traveling a lot for work, so the vita will be useful from here on out!! Just wanted to ask to see if there is any hidden gems or games worth checking out. I already got some games like Bastion, God of War games and Super meat boy.

Also I upgraded my memory as well, so the more games the better!

• Like 2

Soul Sacrifice Delta: Monster Hunter-like heavily inspired by Berserk with an awesome story.

Muramasa Rebirth: Think Sekiro but in 2d, this game is the definition of a hidden gem.

Gravity Rush is a cool adventure game, but there´s a port available for ps4 nowadays too.

• Like 3

Unfortunately, Vita's exclusive library is quite weak imo. Though I am thinking about buying it for the sole reason of playing Uncharted Golden Abyss (I still can't believe it has not been ported to PS4) and Silent Hill Book of Memories (I have not heard good things about it but it is still Silent Hill so it's worth a shot). Not to mention you can play PS1 classics in there which is a big plus. 

You can also play digital psp games there which is another advantage. 

Edited by Fiercethetear
  • Like 1

I'll stick with Vita games that have not been ported to other Playstation platforms.

Dokuro - a platformer in which you have to clear the path ahead to help a Princess escape. They greatly marked it down (I think it's $3) when the vita store was disconnected from the web store. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7073DGN4o4

Severed - I would also recommend, an 6-8 hour first person dungeon crawler which uses touch controls for combat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG5FyiK6Zm8

Uncharted: Golden Abyss - It's a perfectly adequate Uncharted adventure that plays fine in handheld form.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 1

Super Time Force Ultra, is a great side scrolling shooter like metroid but with time travel and the ability to fight alongside your own attempts to beat the levels makes for some crazy levels. It’s got great humour to it and all around a great game.

Xcom+, is a great tactical turn based game. Base building, team management and strategy whilst fighting off alien invaders attempts to dominate our world.

The Swindle, a platforming steampunk heist game working your way from small houses to banks to a government facility to stop them activating a machine to put an end to your thriving career.

Frobisher says, quirky mini games that take mere mins to complete, makes great use of all the vita’s features, (camera, touch screen, microphone, rear sensor pads). 

Digimon cyber sleuth games x2. not really a hidden gem but, Two great games about being a detective and training a team of digimon to do battle with the forces of darkness. Great storyline and gameplay combine in the RPG.

Darkest Dungeon, a side scrolling RPG game about team management, dying, delving into dungeons to try and reclaim your family’s honour, dying, getting attached to your characters, then them dying. Enemies, traps, disease, insanity, starvation and many other fun ways for your teams to fall apart. A punishing but great game awaits if you can handle this intricate game.

That’s just a few out there, but the vita has hundreds of great games out there waiting for you to try…

• Papers Please - I think a lot of people forget that it got a Vita port which is the only way to play it on a console.
  • Grim Fandango, Day of the Tentacle & Full Throttle - 3 classic lucasarts adventure games
  • Air Race Speed - Super generic name but a fantastic futuristic time trial racer. Great sense of speed. A true hidden gem.

• Jet Set Radio - A brilliant port of a brilliant game. Plays very well on handheld.

• Iconoclasts - A fun metroidvania.

• Russian Subway Dogs - Sidescrolling score chasing arcade action, one of the last games ever released for the Vita and a true swan song for the device.

• SturmFront: The Mutant War Farwell Edition - Another of the last games released for Vita, Top down arcade shooting action. Heavy on gore and alien genitals.

• Football Game - Another with a generic name, but a great psychological thriller point and click. Short though, so grab it when its on sale on the PS4.

• Reverie - 2D Zelda gameplay meets Earthbounds graphical style set in New Zealand. Again short, so grab it on sale on the PS4 (thank you crossbuy).

• The Swapper - An absolutely brilliant 2D puzzle game where you control multiple bodies at once and have to swap them around.

• Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz - A true monkey ball game and often forgotten about. People who have played it generally rank it in the top 3 of monkey ball games. I personally rank it 2nd after Super Monkey Ball 2. Brutally difficult plat though.

• Motorstorm RC - Top down RC car racing.

• Tearaway - The best way to play the game. The PS4 version loses a lot of the charm. A 3D platformer from the creators of LittleBigPlanet

• LittleBigPlanet Vita - Speaking of LBP, this is probably the best in the series for single player with a great campaign and some great mini-games in the arcade. Plat unobtainable though.

I could probably list many more as I have loved a lot of games on the device. But I gotta stop at some point.

• Like 4

To name a couple others haven't mentioned yet, I thought Spy Hunter is kind of fun. The missions are short, so I just play a mission or two on my lunch break at work.

Also, Shinobido 2 is a spiritual successor to Tenchu, if you've ever played that. It's a stealth action game.

Edited by ObsoleteWoman
  • Like 1

Tearaway is a must, if you haven't already done so. Romancing SaGa 2 is great as well. (I'd also recommend Romancing SaGa 3, but for some reason it never actually shows up in the Vita store, so as far as I can tell it's impossible to purchase). Astro Aqua Kitty is a great SHMUP/Adventure game. Dragon Fantasy is a great little RPG inspired by Dragon Quest. And I'd also highly recommend Severed. 

Try the following Games and all other that already got mentioned:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2905-murasaki-baby

Murasaki Baby

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4923-odin-sphere-leifthrasir/

Odin Spehere leifthrasir

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/10514-super-destronaut-land-wars/

Super destronaut land wars

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2680-xblaze-code-embryo/

Xblaze Code Embryo

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1778-virtues-last-reward/

Virtues last reward

there are many Games thats share a trophy List from a PS4 Version and has a VITA Version. Because of the exclsuvies there are not many Games besides a lot of Japan Import Games.

21 hours ago, victorrfuego said:

Its like a action sidescroller or something? I heard the game is great so I might consider it

It's essentially a 2d hack n' slash style game with a surprisingly in-depth story and gorgeous art and music, with the two main characters having stories that cover different angles of what's going on and having their own unique bosses. The only real downside is that both characters essentially play the same even if the progression through the world and major fights are different.

HOWEVER, the four DLCs each have their own characters to play as and unique stories, areas and bosses, and those characters all play completely different from each other and the main ones.

Also if you want a good challenge, the platinum and 100% are pretty difficult and really help show how well developed the game actually is when you dig deep into it.

The game was originally on Wii but the Vita version is the only one with the DLC, as well as having a more complex combat system and a much better translation.

• Like 1

My recommendations:

Hyperdimension games

Ys games

Grim Fandango 

Freedom Wars 

Machinarium

Tales games

Lost Dimension 

Legends of War

Disgaea games

God Eater Resurrection

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

Deception IV: Blood Ties

Sword Art Online games

Akiba's Trip Undead & Undressed 

The Legend of Heroes games

Rainbow Moon

Death Mark

Summon Night 6: Lost Borders 

Danganronpa games

Feel free to check out my trophy lists for others, I play a good variety of games. 

• Like 1