Project Lighthouse has Vita servers - Not leaderboard approved

VehementSock

As of March 6th 2023, you can now earn the platinum to LBP 1, 2, 3 on ps3 and LBP Vita thanks to Project Lighthouse's public beta

Project Lighthouse is basically a custom server (similar to the one Demon's Souls has), online trophies can be earned on the game again.

Details and Tutorial here: https://www.lbpunion.com/post/how-to-patch-littlebigplanet-ps3-for-project-lighthouse

Note: This is not leaderboard approved

Edited by DaivRules
Clarifying it’s not leaderboard approved
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, UnconsciousSock said:

is that the only reason? the server is open source too so there shouldn't a problem with it. if that's the case, that's unfortunate.

It’s unfortunate what happened to the LBP servers (which is why Project Lighthouse is amazing). But due to the CFW requirement, it’s against the site rules, which you can see here:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, UnconsciousSock said:

is that the only reason? the server is open source too so there shouldn't a problem with it. if that's the case, that's unfortunate.

It requires users to modify the game files in order to connect. If you didn't need to do that then it would have a shot at being approved. But as it stands it will not be.

• Like 1

Hmm there's a part of me that's seriously considering throwing away my registration with this site just to get LBP Vita done for a full LittleBigPlanet completion. ? I got all the online done but foolishly missed a few of the two player prize bubbles just before the servers went down. It's the missed completion I'm most salty about lmao

• Like 3

I agree that there needs to be an update to the terms on what is "cheating" - I also recognise this is probably very difficult. I can't imagine having to deal with so many lists and players. But it's still unfair for people to be locked out of a Plat because of shut down servers; and game preservation is a very important reason why projects like this are so important as well.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, keats95 said:

Hmm there's a part of me that's seriously considering throwing away my registration with this site just to get LBP Vita done for a full LittleBigPlanet completion. 1f602.png I got all the online done but foolishly missed a few of the two player prize bubbles just before the servers went down. It's the missed completion I'm most salty about lmao

lol. There's no way of proving that. As an example I did all the 2 player bubbles online years ago with a friend, the trouble is. I still haven't gotten around to getting all the other bubbles. So at some point in the future if I ever get that trophy, well it's doubtful I will get flagged. Because I got the bubbles while the server was open. I'm presuming I can still get that trophy, I mean I backed up my saves to the cloud and it popped for him, since that was all he was missing.

• 1 year later...