Trophy Thoughts?

Caljb03

I'm probably gonna skip this one, seems like a grind with guide open next to me for hours. Game itself isn't that hot to me either, this week is gonna be RE4 themed and I might check out Dark Mirror before. But if Platinum would turn out easy, I'd check it out I guess.

15 hours ago, ConAir said:

I hope you like the PS4 version better. 

PS4

The list is not on this website yet, but is out on Exophase.

This is much better, what were they thinking with PS5?

7 minutes ago, Craig_Partizan said:

Can't wait to play this, but anyone else a bit disappointed in the main artwork tile for the trophy list? For such a gorgeous game, the best they came up with is a yellow flower thing on a garish black background? or should i stop moaning?

I personally don't think the artwork matters, but if it makes it any better for you, the 'garish black background', is actually transparent. They're displayed as solid on here, but if you click on the image from the game page, then you can see the artwork is actually just the flower, which looks alright I think.

27 minutes ago, HelixNebula_x said:

I personally don't think the artwork matters, but if it makes it any better for you, the 'garish black background', is actually transparent. They're displayed as solid on here, but if you click on the image from the game page, then you can see the artwork is actually just the flower, which looks alright I think.

Ah, didn't think it could be transparent. much better! 

33 minutes ago, Konycjusz said:

You should

you should jog on 

This is a very grindy platinum, as there are a ton of collectibles. It might be relaxing to throw on a podcast and chip away at it, but there's so much bloat here.

Also I saw someone say that there are no map markers. That's not quite true. There is a map that shows you collectibles (once you "shout" at the top of certain places like towers in old Ubisoft games), but the map doesn't show exactly where you are. This means that the easiest way to find things is to go to your map and drop an icon on a collectible and then just go to the marker. It's tedious, but it works.

Overall, I did not much care for the game. It's extremely boring and it doesn't make good use of its main mechanic, but it does have great music.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

This is a very grindy platinum, as there are a ton of collectibles. It might be relaxing to throw on a podcast and chip away at it, but there's so much bloat here.

Also I saw someone say that there are no map markers. That's not quite true. There is a map that shows you collectibles (once you "shout" at the top of certain places like towers in old Ubisoft games), but the map doesn't show exactly where you are. This means that the easiest way to find things is to go to your map and drop an icon on a collectible and then just go to the marker. It's tedious, but it works.

Overall, I did not much care for the game. It's extremely boring and it doesn't make good use of its main mechanic, but it does have great music.

Think you'll eventually platinum it?

2 hours ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

This is a very grindy platinum, as there are a ton of collectibles.

Since you had a chance to play it, is it likely that any collectibles (or any of the trophies) are permanently missable? Or would you say this can be played blindly and then later on look up what's missing?

3 hours ago, mrmivo said:

Since you had a chance to play it, is it likely that any collectibles (or any of the trophies) are permanently missable? Or would you say this can be played blindly and then later on look up what's missing?

I can't say for absolute certainty, but I think everything can be gotten without fear of missing something since most of the game happens in the open world. And if I'm wrong, there's a chapter select you can use to visit the few areas that aren't in the open world.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Real_Colinio said:

The games official account on Twitter said that there's one scenario where you can miss a trophy and you'll need to restart a save to get it, i wonder which one it is 1f914.png 

Oh boy. I wish they addressed that before release. I suppose I'll wait a little before I start the game, at least until we know what that "edge case" is.

3 hours ago, Real_Colinio said:

The games official account on Twitter said that there's one scenario where you can miss a trophy and you'll need to restart a save to get it, i wonder which one it is 1f914.png 

@mrmivo Don't quote me here but I think it's the one where you have to get three kills with an explosion ("Energy Saver"). If you clear all the camps, there will be no more enemies for you to kill. I would also highly recommend that people just get this one out of the way quickly because it's annoying! The enemies hardly move or bunch up.

4 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

@Chaos_Bladez Any estimate on how long it might take? 

Hm... I am hesitant to throw a number on it, but I've maybe done like 70% of everything in like 10 or so hours? I'd say maybe 15 for most and 20 for those taking their sweet time. Again, total guesses here because I am hesitant to trust the PS5's time tracking feature that's now so readily visible. That thing has been inconsistent for me.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez
  • Like 1