Server shutdown December, 8 2023

Gnillisch

2 minutes ago, JammyWizard said:

If I were to start now, how long would it take? I seriously love these games, they were my childhood :( I really want to plat these games but I’d imagine that a big group would be needed to get all trophies, especially the 10k kills one. 

You starting now?, if so, don't, because this game will drain your sanity

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CrazyPlatinum92 said:

Every time I've got on its usually a wasteland and I want touch Vietnam DLC as well also I'm concerned about BF3, 4 and Hardline ps3 version no word on those games yet

Hardline, unatainalble 100% and an even worse kill grind than bc1

• Like 1

Good Luck to everyone going for this, your in for a good long ride, Lifers,Unstable lobbys if don't know how to stable them and the game just randomly kicking you which it can do, Honsetly if you can get a Full lobby of 24 and get a organised boost going, you can have success. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

Oh man, the day has come. But, they're shutting down BC1 and 2 at the same time?! Smells like a remaster/remake (I kinda hope it does).

However, anyone who tries to get it before shutdown: Good luck. This game can be a lot of fun but also a total nightmare. Wondering what the veterans will play after 8th December tho... ?

Hannah Montana of course.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

Oh man, the day has come. But, they're shutting down BC1 and 2 at the same time?! Smells like a remaster/remake (I kinda hope it does).

However, anyone who tries to get it before shutdown: Good luck. This game can be a lot of fun but also a total nightmare. Wondering what the veterans will play after 8th December tho... 1f605.png

Battlefield 3 i guess

finished all 3 bf.... proud to have platinum bfc1. it was one of the first games when i started with the ps3.... many hours and hours of fun and very difficult trophies. I advise against those who want to start now ... and I'm surprised by EA or BF advise closure in 8 months .... this time they were good. I better hurry more games bf 3, 4 and hardline.... goodbye bfc1

As far as I remember, didn't the game get a soft shutdown many years ago because you can't have more than a few games running at the same time right? The games will just close or start kicking players out to try and make room for someone else joining. It's not as simple as getting a group together and boosting normally, it has to be VERY organized and if tons of people on jumping on the game the single server will just never work.

It took me over 1 year to get all online trophies in BF BC1. Mostly for all online awards trophy. Gettin 10 002 kills took me 2 or 3 month's of nonstop playing after hoing back from work. 

My goal was get at leas 200 kills a day. That was a hell of a grind and dedication for me.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, PortraitOfJondix said:

I'm seriously debating getting a good group together and going for this one. Or atleast trying. 

Realistically, how are the challenges at this point? Some of them look very hard to do especially with the stories I've read about the community. 

Some of then are really hard 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PortraitOfJondix said:

I'm seriously debating getting a good group together and going for this one. Or atleast trying. 

Realistically, how are the challenges at this point? Some of them look very hard to do especially with the stories I've read about the community. 

With a dedicated boosting group, the awards become trivial at best. The vehicle kills may be the one thing that give some trouble as the amount of vehicles on the maps are limited and everyone will be going for them. Most of your time will be spent racking up kills though. I was only sitting at around 2000-2500 kills by the time my boosting was over, to give you an idea.

The boosting can become a drag for sure, but very much doable with the time given. I wouldn’t even consider recommending someone start this game without a boosting group though. If someone decides to do this game without one…yikes. 

There’s no way I’m going to take myself to hell and back for the BC1 platinum trophy, but I’m definitely gonna get around to grabbing as many unearned trophies as I can before server closure on December 8th. Booted the game early on in the goddamn pandemic but stopped playing for other games after reaching multiplayer rank 8, should’ve got myself to maximum rank those 2-3 years ago but whatever.

BC2 I already own the platinum from, I’ll very likely go for the Vietnam DLC trophies. All four Onslaught stages on hardcore difficulty? Maybe, maybe not.

1943 I’m also gonna get around to completing before late this year. There’s no platinum at the end of it but it’s the easiest of the three closing Battlefield entries, although playing 100 matches will no doubt be a grind.