Server shutdown December, 8 2023

Server Shutdown December 8, 2023

Actual source: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battlefield/legacy-sunset

Starting April 28 2023, Battlefield 1943, Battlefield: Bad Company 1 & 2 and Mirror’s Edge will be removed from digital storefronts and you will no longer be able to purchase them. This is in preparation for the retirement of the online services for these titles which will happen on December 8 2023. For Bad Company 1 & 2 and Mirror’s Edge, you can still continue playing them and use their respective offline features, such as the single player campaign.

Edited by DaivRules
Added source
  • Like 2

My child BC2! My first 1k hour game (B.Paradise before it was close)

so many good times with this game and friends. It came at a crucial time when I rage quite COD MW2 months before ;p Also loving the first BC so was going to play this regardless. Best of luck to all players. I will play this before it closes so beware of me heheh jk if I see boosters I’ll let ya fly by or even help.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dreamcast12 said:

Final nail in the coffin for dice and the battlefield franchise after Battlefield 2042.

Because they are shutting down the servers for a 13-year old game in 9 months from now? Get real.

23 minutes ago, Dreamcast12 said:

Final nail in the coffin for DICE and the Battlefield franchise after Battlefield 2042.

Believe me, Battlefield 2042 having flopped and Battlefield 1943 + Bad Company 1 and 2 servers closing is pure coincidence.

Edited by Dry
  • Like 1

On 21.03.2023 at 6:07 PM, DEI2EK said:

I have the ultimate edition of BC2 sitting on my shelf but I don’t think that includes the Vietnam DLC does it? What sort of time estimate is expected for all the multiplayer trophies for BC2?

DLC took my group around 30h. Base game i can't remember to be honest.

10 minutes ago, Dinniestar said:

mirror edge ps4 as well? or just ps3 version 

The Mirror's Edge 2009 servers closed in January of this year but the 100% is obtainable offline so it doesn't matter the servers have closed. Also, Mirror's Edge being mentioned in that article was a mistake which has now been corrected

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, PLATINUM-DESMOND said:

Probably sounds dumb… but if I own the games physically on disc can I still play online until the date of December for the server shut down. Or do I have to buy the games digitally now to play online past April 28.

You can play your physical copy whenever you want. Servers are up until December.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PLATINUM-DESMOND said:

Probably sounds dumb… but if I own the games physically on disc can I still play online until the date of December for the server shut down. Or do I have to buy the games digitally now to play online past April 28.

Do not forget that you need to buy the DLC digitally if you want that sweet 100%

• Like 1