Server Shutdown in June 15th

Ghost-Zeus514

24 minutes ago, imminent-file5 said:

Date: June 15th 2023

Source: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/legal/service-updates/r-z

Trophy Guide: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/syndicate/guide/

Things you must know beforehand:

#1 If you're attempting this game make sure you don't mix single player + multiplayer together as it can mess up your overall stats on co-op. 

#2 Make sure to complete each mission on co-op in difficulty order, all 9 missions on normal, then 9 on hard and finish with 9 on expert. If you choose to skip this method you can easily lock yourself out of Application Tokens in which you will need to unlock certain challenges in the game.

#3 Get the "Oh no you don't!" trophy out of the way as soon as possible. You'll have a tougher time getting this if not done with people of the same level/stats as you. The contracts still seem to count if a person is on your friends list, but just to be safe you should still invite your co-op partners to your in-game "Syndicate" group. I had trouble inviting certain people, so try to invite as most as you can. You'll need 4 members in a Syndicate group for a trophy anyways. 

#4 Last of all, co-op mode can be done solo but I don't recommend it if your stats aren't all that good. Best to grind this out with people then hop onto co-op solo to get done with miscellaneous stuff alone. Good luck to everyone attempting this.

Edited by Ghost-Zeus514

The Syndicate guy here - I made a very detailed co-op video guide for all the games challenges, from guns, enemies and upgrades. Ofc for the trophies as well and the fastest way to earn some. My YT is same as PSN name here. Good luck gamers!

Glad someone made this thread already - I only accidentally found the news on an Xbox site for the Battlefield Bad Company series servers closing - someone mentioned in the comments.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Row1789 said:

Damn I've done the first mission in single player. How screwed am I?

You will be fine. The story can easily be done in a session or two. Pretty straightforward stuff. Focus on just getting through on hard with collectibles in mind. Depending on your experience with FPS you can get a lot of CEO ranks on the first try (I missed 5 after my playthrough). Then replay the levels you need the miscellaneous stuff on followed with replays of the levels you still need CEO ranks in. 

The Coop should take you around 20-25 hours depending on how many players you are. So not a major time investment with the remaining time to do it. If you want to get through fast on the first playthrough it might be an idea to grind the reboots early on because you get a ton of XP by doing it so you can level up fast early on.

Just keep in mind that the game has a cap on how much XP you can earn in the match on 99 999 xp. If you go past 100k the xp on your rank will basically reset and you will only get the xp that is above that (example. If you get 115 000 xp in a round 15 000 xp will be the final count going into your rank on the end screen). I got over 100k myself. Got notification that I was leveled up from 28-30. When done with the level I was barely ranked up from 28, because I've barely passed 100k. The same happened to every one in my group.

Also would like to give a shoutout to @MATTKBAN. He has indeed some very extreme knowledge of the game, so use his tips and videos as a very good introduction to Syndicate.

Edited by Fugl7

1 hour ago, Fugl7 said:

You will be fine. The story can easily be done in a session or two. Pretty straightforward stuff. Focus on just getting through on hard with collectibles in mind. Depending on your experience with FPS you can get a lot of CEO ranks on the first try (I missed 5 after my playthrough). Then replay the levels you need the miscellaneous stuff on followed with replays of the levels you still need CEO ranks in. 

The Coop should take you around 20-25 hours depending on how many players you are. So not a major time investment with the remaining time to do it. If you want to get through fast on the first playthrough it might be an idea to grind the reboots early on because you get a ton of XP by doing it so you can level up fast early on.

Just keep in mind that the game has a cap on how much XP you can earn in the match on 99 999 xp. If you go past 100k the xp on your rank will basically reset and you will only get the xp that is above that (example. If you get 115 000 xp in a round 15 000 xp will be the final count going into your rank on the end screen). I got over 100k myself. Got notification that I was leveled up from 28-30. When done with the level I was barely ranked up from 28, because I've barely passed 100k. The same happened to every one in my group.

Also would like to give a shoutout to @MATTKBAN. He has indeed some very extreme knowledge of the game, so use his tips and videos as a very good introduction to Syndicate.

So should I ditch single player for now and focus of co-op? 

Also which trophies are affected by the shutdown? I want to hopefully get everything I need and finish off single player when I'm done with the battlefield games that are being shutdown 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Row1789 said:

So should I ditch single player for now and focus of co-op? 

Also which trophies are affected by the shutdown? I want to hopefully get everything I need and finish off single player when I'm done with the battlefield games that are being shutdown 

Yes. I would have focused on Coop first if I was you. Single player you can always go back to after server closure.

• Like 1

Joined a group couple years ago and they had been playing it for awhile already so I played some SP to get familiar with the controls, gameplay etc,  Did not affect anything, although it combined all my weapon kills between the modes so that helped.  Sprint tackle enemies is not listed as MP but easy to do on same map as grenade breaches with electric/electron mace??  You do not tackle them but shock them but it still counts as a tackle.

• Like 1

Am I missing anything or are these the only trophies that require online connection:

Revival meeting 

Ambassador of peace 

Initiation complete 

High value asset 

Initial public offering

Hostile takeover 

Mace ace

Field surgeon

Oh no you don't

Employe of the month

1 minute ago, Row1789 said:

Am I missing anything or are these the only trophies that require online connection:

Revival meeting 

Ambassador of peace 

Initiation complete 

High value asset 

Initial public offering

Hostile takeover 

Mace ace

Field surgeon

Oh no you don't

Employe of the month

According to the .org Guide, there are 23 online trophies but it doesn't specify what they all are: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/syndicate/guide/

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

According to the .org Guide, there are 23 online trophies but it doesn't specify what they all are: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/syndicate/guide/

I saw that but thought they were combining some trophies that can be done either single player or co-op. Looking through the list it seems some can be done either or. This game is confusing.

2 hours ago, Row1789 said:

I saw that but thought they were combining some trophies that can be done either single player or co-op. Looking through the list it seems some can be done either or. This game is confusing.

@MATTKBAN Are you able to clear up this confusion and confirm exactly how many online trophies there are and what they are?

4 minutes ago, MATTKBAN said:

Thanks for the words and looks Like I’m still learning things - i didn’t know of the coop cap. Any previous reboot boosting disillusioned didn’t go that high. I think once back in 2012 we di, but it was the last challenge needed so the xp wasn’t in our focus.

Progression for unlocks isn’t shared between coop and campaign story if that’s what you mean. Different abilities and chip upgrades screen anywho, so feel free to do coop first as it now has 2 months left online. Certain trophies share progression between coop and campaign - those being related to weapon kills, abilities used and grenade hacking. I might be missing one but I’ll mention below the coop-able trophies.

Correct! This is trophy is called ‘Shield Breaker’ and is much faster in coop from restarting the first checkpoint in China. I have a video here

Sure thing!

Online Only

Initiation Complete

High Value Asset

Initial Public Offering

Hostile Takeover

Mace Ace

Super Soldier

Field Surgeon

Oh No You Don’t

High Flyer

Employee of the Month

In The Name of Science

Application Manager

Middle Management

CEO

The Professional

Nowhere to Hide

Campaign and Coop - Some of these will come if you do coop first. **- Much easier/faster in the coop

Shield Breaker**

Highly Adaptable
Hurt Locker**
Warpath

Make it Snappy

Half Millionaire

Hacker

Rampageous

I could be wrong with some I listed as online only, but I put them there anyway. An example being The Professional - 50 Kills with all weapons in the game. I do not remember the campaign - some players on both consoles told me lately a few weapons are only available to use in the Coop. Coop would be a better option anyways. More enemies all the time and each weapon can be acquired quick enough if it’s not one you can put in your custom loadout. Nowhere to Hide trophy - don’t recall if there is bullet penetration weapons in the campaign. You’ll use this often in the coop when either Kusanagi gun is upgraded to do so.

Thank you for the info :).

12 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Thank you for the info :).

You’re welcome!

To be an extra inch of nerdy - 2 campaign only trophies can pop in the coop if the scenario is right. Those are

With Friends Like These and Gaggle of Guidance - more likely Gaggle pops if the Swarm launcher is in a weapon locker on Argentina map.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MATTKBAN said:

Thanks for the words and looks Like I’m still learning things - i didn’t know of the coop xp cap. Any previous reboot boosting I previously did with players didn’t go that high. I think once back in 2012 we did, but it was the last challenge needed so the xp wasn’t in our focus.

Progression for unlocks isn’t shared between coop and campaign story if that’s what you mean. Different abilities and chip upgrades screen anywho, so feel free to do coop first as it now has 2 months left online. Certain trophies share progression between coop and campaign - those being related to weapon kills, abilities used and grenade hacking. I might be missing one but I’ll mention below the coop-able trophies.

Correct! This is trophy is called ‘Shield Breaker’ and is much faster in coop from restarting the first checkpoint in China. I have a video here

Sure thing!

Online Only

Initiation Complete

High Value Asset

Initial Public Offering

Hostile Takeover

Mace Ace

Super Soldier

Field Surgeon

Oh No You Don’t

High Flyer

Employee of the Month

In The Name of Science

Application Manager

Middle Management

CEO

The Professional

Nowhere to Hide

Campaign and Coop - Some of these will come if you do coop first. **- Much easier/faster in the coop

Shield Breaker**

Highly Adaptable
Hurt Locker**
Warpath

Make it Snappy

Half Millionaire

Hacker

Rampageous

I could be wrong with some I listed as online only, but I put them there anyway. An example being The Professional - 50 Kills with all weapons in the game. I do not remember the campaign - some players on both consoles told me lately a few weapons are only available to use in the Coop. Coop would be a better option anyways. More enemies all the time and each weapon can be acquired quick enough if it’s not one you can put in your custom loadout. Nowhere to Hide trophy - don’t recall if there is bullet penetration weapons in the campaign. You’ll use this often in the coop when either Kusanagi gun is upgraded to do so.

Anyone needing players or specifically help by me, look up the posted session I have - it will have a discord if you use it. I could add you to a PSN group chat or message me. Today specially I will be helping on PSN if players are around.

Thank you so much 

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/04/2023 at 11:20 AM, Fugl7 said:

Sorry to disagree with you but I did the following.

Start Mozambique, clear out the enemies, climb the stairs and get to the turret. Let the turret repeatedly kill your teammates (in my case my friend and two alts; two Syndicate members and one who wasn't). Heal and reboot to your heart's content. 

I got 200k+ on multiple occasions. Switched off the turret, checkpoint and quit. I got from level 1 to level 30 in no time. The first two sessions got me from level 1 to level 19 in around an hour of doing it. By the time I was level 30, I had only played a total of seven full missions to completion. So, at least in my experience, there is no cap on how much XP you can obtain from a level.

You can also use this to get weapon and application development done, just make sure you hit the checkpoint by switching off the turret before you quit. Spam some applications to use energy at the same time and you can be well on your way towards Hacker and Half-Millionaire as well.

Edited by baboon_overlord
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, baboon_overlord said:

Sorry to disagree with you but I did the following.

Start Mozambique, clear out the enemies, climb the stairs and get to the turret. Let the turret repeatedly kill your teammates (in my case my friend and two alts; two Syndicate members and one who wasn't). Heal and reboot to your heart's content. 

I got 200k+ on multiple occasions. Switched off the turret, checkpoint and quit. I got from level 1 to level 30 in no time. The first two sessions got me from level 1 to level 19 in around an hour of doing it. By the time I was level 30, I had only played a total of seven full missions to completion. So, at least in my experience, there is no cap on how much XP you can obtain from a level.

You can also use this to get weapon and application development done, just make sure you hit the checkpoint by switching off the turret before you quit. Spam some applications to use energy at the same time and you can be well on your way towards Hacker and Half-Millionaire as well.

Hmm, that was strange. That's basically the same method I used when it happened to me. Only difference was that we finished the level. It just happened once to me when grinding out the reboots towards the end of our runs so of course it just could have been something that bugged out for our group. Like I said we did the method described above. Saw out research and level progress on the screen when grinding. When the level was finished I was bac to my original level with some more xp than I had before the mission. So that made me believe it were a level cap because it happened to all of us. We basically got the same amount of xp we had past 100k so I found it wierd. Research and challenge progression was registered though.

But if you say it ain't a cap I'll take your word for it:) Probably only a bug from our point of view then!

• Like 1

On 10/04/2023 at 3:02 PM, MATTKBAN said:

Online Only

Nowhere to Hide

Nowhere to Hide trophy - don’t recall if there is bullet penetration weapons in the campaign. You’ll use this often in the coop when either Kusanagi gun is upgraded to do so.

Nowhere to Hide is not online only, it also works in the campaign. The Kusanagi guns can both penetrate cover, same as in co-op. I got the first 450 kills in co-op and then the trophy popped in SP for me when I finished up the last 50. 

@HuntingFever

• Like 1