Awesome Game! Loved It.

OpenScars

1 hour ago, OpenScars said:

I really don't understand the hate for this game? I enjoyed everything about it. The fighting was a bit repetitive, but if you use surroundings and the different weapons to experiment, it's very fun. Just the dodge system and melee feels rewarding.

I liked the storyline, although short. The main guy was very likeable and felt like I was fighting for him. 

The atmosphere was eerie and tense. The visuals were awesome.

I've done two playthroughs and near the trophy for upgrading all weapons, so I'm going to do another until I get that.

People bitching about the playthroughs.... did any of them cry about previous Resident Evil games?

And should we not be supporting companies that produce quality, as opposed to all the trash shovelware? 

People did not say anything about NG+ on RE games, because you unlock stuff that you can use. Not the case in Callisto Protocol.

I did not like the game for various reasons, but can certainly say that graphically it is a great looking game. And the atmosphere was captivating at times.

I also loved it. I played the original 3 Dead Space games years ago, so I did go in expecting Dead Space because of Schofield, but I came out appreciating that it was its own “person” with its own personality, and not just a clone. It did new things, took risks and outside of the terrible launch for PC, I thought it was great. I get a little sad seeing all the hate for it, especially the combat, which I thought was pretty fun and unique compared to what we usually get in horror games. I know the game isn’t for everyone, its just a shame that the game's name got dragged through the mud so bad, and people aren't giving it a chance because of that.

The multiple playthroughs (and unskippable cutscenes) didn’t bother me any, either. I haven’t done the DLC yet, but I’m excited to go back to it.

Edited by Monochrome
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Yeah I like it too. Lots of games I play have multiple play-thrus (i.e. Resident Evil franchise) , so doesn't bother me. This reminds me of some Resident Evil with the camera view point, hesitations on re-loading, action buttons, etc... That is a pain, believe me, I was pretty pissed many a time. I played blind the first time, and now on NG+.

Yup, I love this game. I can't really say why, and I get that it has flaws but I love it despite those flaws.

Currently playing it for the 5th time doing Contagion mode, once I have the 100% I know I'll probably play through it again at least once a year for the foreseeable future.

It kind of makes me sad it got all the hate it got. Sure, some of it was warranted but I'm kind of sick of people ragging on games that are actually trying something new with this kind of budget these days and then giving 10/10 to the next bloated Ubisoft open world game. It's similar to Days Gone in many ways, a genuinely solid game that got a lot of unwarranted hate that destroyed any chance of a sequel. A sequel would have given the devs a chance to improve on some of the mistakes they made and could have ended up being a truly great follow up like Uncharted 2 was.

It's a shame really.

• Like 1

I think the main issues with this game is that it just doesn't do enough in most of the core aspects. It's a well polished game for what it is, runs well, good visuals and sound design. But after playing through the game 6 and a half times you notice all the flaws. Lack of enemy variety (especially bosses), constantly slow scenes like walking through tight spaces and vents, all to prolong a very short story. Heck you cant even run through most of the sections it forces you to walk. Then you have the combat mechanics which is the biggest issue with the game. I think if this game had an extra 2 years of development maybe they could have made a 9/10 game but for me overall it was a 5/10.