60 FPS Patch is out!!

wamaxa

1 minute ago, BloodyRutz said:

It's almost like a smaller studio is not on the same skill level as Naughty Dog, am I right? I swear people with zero technical background always put a year in their argument like it's somehow relevant.

I studied Computer Science. Thanks for asking. And I wasn't talking about Naughty Dog.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, proud2bNs said:

I studied Computer Science. Thanks for asking. And I wasn't talking about Naughty Dog.

Which makes it even worse. I am aware you weren't talking about Naughty Dog specifically. It was an example or was I supposed to name all the studios producing higher-fidelity games than the developers of Tchia to make my point? Come on.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BloodyRutz said:

Which makes it even worse. I am aware you weren't talking about Naughty Dog specifically. Was I supposed to name all the studios producing higher-fidelity games to make my point? Come on.

The performance of this game objectively sucks. There's no point in dropping names. If you think it doesn't or you don't care, good for you, have fun when you'll actually play it. I'm glad i uninstalled it before a trophy popped.

42 minutes ago, SasquatchSaul said:

Then don’t play 1080p? Some people cant be pleased 

I won't be. It's not a fast paced game so doesn't need to be 60fps.

35 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

I would use 1080p and 60fps over any resolution at 30fps. 

It depends on the game. Most are fine. Some aren't. For example I find Elden ring impossible to play at 30fps.

15 minutes ago, Squarevii87 said:

Spoiled brats

The audacity of some people here is so pathetic

How so? You think I'm someone that will only play games with the best possible graphics? A quick look at my trophy list will tell you otherwise

12 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

It depends on the game. Most are fine. Some aren't. For example I find Elden ring impossible to play at 30fps.

Then I don't understand how you're able to play it on PS5. Don't get me wrong, I've played it and the game was great. But it was the only game I've ever played that gave me an actual headache before I got used to it. When you are out in the open world, it is far from 60 fps.

33 minutes ago, proud2bNs said:

The performance of this game objectively sucks. There's no point in dropping names. If you think it doesn't or you don't care, good for you, have fun when you'll actually play it. I'm glad i uninstalled it before a trophy popped.

I was addressing only this statement, "1080p/60 is a joke in 2023", not the actual performance of the game. I don't know how the overall performance is since I haven't played the game and I do not intend to.

Edited by BloodyRutz

1 hour ago, RedDevil757 said:

Yea some are fine, a lot of games do suffer though nowadays, good thing about 60fps is you're pretty much guaranteed a more responsive game, it eliminates any lag. Rise of the Tomb Raider is a good example, it was unplayable when it came to PS due to high lag, Digital Foundry talked about it, on PS4 Pro it received an update for a performance mode which has eliminated the input lag. Feel sorry for people playing that on standard PS4. 

• Like 1

Well I tried the game. It's beautiful and runs fine at 30fps. It's hardly a fast paced game so doesn't need 60fps at all. I did however notice an awful camera bob. It gave me motion sickness after 5 minutes of playing and I couldn't see an option to turn it off. I guess I won't be continuing with the game

I have a question.

The game runs perfect at 60fps for me, but the fidelity mode is so stuttery at 30fps, and drops frames on the starter island when I spin the camera around full speed. So my question is, is my PS5 somehow breaking (asking because of weird texture shimmering in PS4 version of GTA V), or is the fidelity mode just absolutely horrendous for others?

I'm asking because I've seen people say it's a clean 30 without drops, some said they even thought fidelity framerate was unlocked and went up to 60, but for me it's very obvious it's a 30fps cap, and when I spin the camera it drops so many frames, it's absolutely disgusting... I've looked at youtube videos, and while I see some drops in gameplay, it might be the youtube compression, so I can't really tell since nobody is standing still and spinning the camera around.

9 minutes ago, Dooleh_404 said:

I have a question.

The game runs perfect at 60fps for me, but the fidelity mode is so stuttery at 30fps, and drops frames on the starter island when I spin the camera around full speed. So my question is, is my PS5 somehow breaking (asking because of weird texture shimmering in PS4 version of GTA V), or is the fidelity mode just absolutely horrendous for others?

I'm asking because I've seen people say it's a clean 30 without drops, some said they even thought fidelity framerate was unlocked and went up to 60, but for me it's very obvious it's a 30fps cap, and when I spin the camera it drops so many frames, it's absolutely disgusting... I've looked at youtube videos, and while I see some drops in gameplay, it might be the youtube compression, so I can't really tell since nobody is standing still and spinning the camera around.

I have no problem playing games at 30 fps, but like you said in this game the fidelity mode felt stuttery and choppy to me. I'm no expert when it comes to things like this, but I'm guessing the frame rate is unlocked in fidelity mode and it's just not stable. I think the frame can go under 30 fps to 20fps and then some times maybe to 40 fps. I don't think it ever goes to 60 fps, unless you just stare at the sky doing nothing (have not tested this).

I recommend everyone to play on the performance mode, because in my opinion the game just does not feel good to play on fidelity mode. Performance mode does decrease the resolution alot, making the game look blurrier, but I think it's worth it for it because it makes the game more pleasant to play.

11 minutes ago, Treilio said:

I have no problem playing games at 30 fps, but like you said in this game the fidelity mode felt stuttery and choppy to me. I'm no expert when it comes to things like this, but I'm guessing the frame rate is unlocked in fidelity mode and it's just not stable. I think the frame can go under 30 fps to 20fps and then some times maybe to 40 fps. I don't think it ever goes to 60 fps, unless you just stare at the sky doing nothing (have not tested this).

I recommend everyone to play on the performance mode, because in my opinion the game just does not feel good to play on fidelity mode. Performance mode does decrease the resolution alot, making the game look blurrier, but I think it's worth it for it because it makes the game more pleasant to play.

OK good, so it's not me then.. thanks for confirming. I've recently had weird texture shimmering issues with GTA V on my console (PS4 version on PS5), so I was a bit worried there's a problem with the console.

As for the resolution, honestly I don't see the difference from 3 meters away on a big TV (I don't have the best eyesight in the world though), maybe just a tiny bit blurrier from that distance, but the motion is so smooth, and the thin palm trees don't produce that ghosting effect, it is absolutely a worthwhile trade off, and without it, the game would feel like I'm playing on an emulator on a weak PC.

• Like 1