As the title says, this game is buggy as hell. None of the kill trophies work (some others don't work either). The first demon statue doesn't spawn if you import a save. Traders on one map bug out and don't show up after day five. Some zombies are invisible (which I have only read about). And this is in addition to some of the other visual bugs I've seen like weird red lights and bugs I probably don't even know about. I even saw IGN had to restart after multiple hours because of a mission-critical item didn't work.

This sucks and is a warning for those who want to pick it up. Just wait a long time for them to iron it out. 

This also extra sucks because of how most of this game is just straight ripped from the first game. The majority of the levels and items have been carried over. This is just a puzzling game and far inferior to the first.

EDIT: And of course, now the game crashes any time I try to load any of my save. And to make matters worse, I was on the final mission and I had just exited out to upload my save to the cloud in order to avoid this. So my backup save that was meant to help me avoid this is screwed too. 

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

2 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

Well, that stinks. I'll be replaying the first one eventually, and hopefully by then this one is fixed. Be sure to tweet the devs, adding to those who already commented, as well as reporting bugs in their Discord!

Yeah, coincidentally, I just joined the Discord the other day to mention some of these problems, which is where I saw a ton of others I hadn't seen yet. It's a mess and I hope they fix it, although I think there are design problems in this game that go beyond simple bugs. 

But I will say, the first game still holds up relatively well. It's simpler (and not buggy) so it feels more toned. Chapter 2 is loaded with fluff.

On 29/03/2023 at 8:37 PM, Chaos_Bladez said:

Yeah, coincidentally, I just joined the Discord the other day to mention some of these problems, which is where I saw a ton of others I hadn't seen yet. It's a mess and I hope they fix it, although I think there are design problems in this game that go beyond simple bugs. 

But I will say, the first game still holds up relatively well. It's simpler (and not buggy) so it feels more toned. Chapter 2 is loaded with fluff.

Hey, hello, I just finished the story, do you have a video to collect all the demon statues? THANKS ! ?

Yeah, the bugged trophies are a nuisance.

The ones that are bugged for sure are:

15 Uzi and sawed off shotgun kills - No One Suspected... and Worth a Shot(gun)

All weapon recipes - A Fine Addition to my Collection

15 walker and human kills with Sap gloves - Super Punch Out!!

Killing 5 living and 5 undead Eradicators - Eradicated

5 trophies are bugged, at least.

Punch Out!! and Axeman's Apprentice are apparently unlockable.

I'm having trouble with the former, as I am more than certain I have killed 15 walkers with the Sap Gloves, but yet, nothing.

I somehow unlocked Axeman's Apprentice, though I'm not sure how. I unlocked the trophy after I killed a Tower soldier on patrol outside of the hospital in, well The Tower, but I stabbed them in the shoulder and that unlocked me the trophy. I think the human kills are for humans that are not in a fixed position. The fixed positions are locations like Rampart, The Tower, Bourbon Street, etc.

The humans have to be wandering around the level, like the patrols in the first game. There are usually patrols in the tower area that wander outside of the hospital, so at least you don't have to look through any of the other levels to find them.

On 9.4.2023 at 1:17 AM, Rover_Libra said:

Yeah, the bugged trophies are a nuisance.

The ones that are bugged for sure are:

15 Uzi and sawed off shotgun kills - No One Suspected... and Worth a Shot(gun)

All weapon recipes - A Fine Addition to my Collection

15 walker and human kills with Sap gloves - Super Punch Out!!

Killing 5 living and 5 undead Eradicators - Eradicated

5 trophies are bugged, at least.

Punch Out!! and Axeman's Apprentice are apparently unlockable.

I'm having trouble with the former, as I am more than certain I have killed 15 walkers with the Sap Gloves, but yet, nothing.

I somehow unlocked Axeman's Apprentice, though I'm not sure how. I unlocked the trophy after I killed a Tower soldier on patrol outside of the hospital in, well The Tower, but I stabbed them in the shoulder and that unlocked me the trophy. I think the human kills are for humans that are not in a fixed position. The fixed positions are locations like Rampart, The Tower, Bourbon Street, etc.

The humans have to be wandering around the level, like the patrols in the first game. There are usually patrols in the tower area that wander outside of the hospital, so at least you don't have to look through any of the other levels to find them.

I'm tempted to try some of this. Don't you have the trophy videos that automatically get saved to the system? They usualy capture like 15 seconds leading up to any trophy popping, if you didn't opt out of that setting.

On 4/5/2023 at 6:29 AM, MikeCheck-- said:

Regarding the bugged trophies, I was able to luckily elicit a response on Discord:

ieycxFS.jpegNCaehRT.jpeg

That's good to hear. But the game has much bigger problems, so I hope those get ironed out, too. I'll probably check in on the game again in like August or September. Hopefully, that leaves the team enough time to figure out this mess. I just want to wrap up my platinum and delete this and never play it again.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

Today came a patch that should fix the trophies, can´t say if it works.

In my game the military ration doesn´t work right, even not after the patch.

It shows up in my handbook as 2nd beignet if I eat one before, otherwise ist doesn´t show up.

The recieps like Ymabala should work until you sleep, when change from day to night in another part the the city, they stop working.

Is there a place you can submit bugs to the team, can´t find anything?  

On 3/29/2023 at 9:21 AM, Chaos_Bladez said:

This sucks and is a warning for those who want to pick it up. Just wait a long time for them to iron it out. 

Doesn't this apply to most new games though? I stopped preordering or buying day 1, I don't wanna pay money to be a beta tester for the devs.

50 minutes ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

Doesn't this apply to most new games though? I stopped preordering or buying day 1, I don't wanna pay money to be a beta tester for the devs.

I wouldn't say "most" games, but some games for sure. Regardless, this is a particularly egregious example.

1 hour ago, Rass1968 said:

Today came a patch that should fix the trophies, can´t say if it works.

In my game the military ration doesn´t work right, even not after the patch.

It shows up in my handbook as 2nd beignet if I eat one before, otherwise ist doesn´t show up.

The recieps like Ymabala should work until you sleep, when change from day to night in another part the the city, they stop working.

Is there a place you can submit bugs to the team, can´t find anything?  

Well, some people have the platinum, so it seems to have, at the very least, been fixed for some.

9 hours ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

I wouldn't say "most" games, but some games for sure. Regardless, this is a particularly egregious example.

Well, some people have the platinum, so it seems to have, at the very least, been fixed for some.

Yeah well the main most important thing is 99% of them get fixed eventually. It's all about how bad you want it or if you can wait till it's fixed.

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, hyperzone90 said:

Could someone shed some light on the current state of the game and more importantly the (glitched/bugged) trophies? I'd like to know if the trophies are working before I potentially purchase the game

All trophies are fine. The game itself works fine too

• Like 2