Character Reboots

Zoxre

So, I know from some gameplay and other forum sources that some characters have been completely re-tooled to function a bit differently than their perspective game play styles (I'm referring to Jin).

I know it's bit too early to be posting this, but I want to hear your expectations. Some might've already played the JPN version, having tested out this theory. Do you think It'll take long to re-learn your characters and get into the online fray?

Edited by Zoxre

I wouldn't call it reboots like you have but more like tweaks.

Jin doesn't feel too different although limiting how to perform set moves and altering their functionality took some getting used too it isn't too bad, Ragna is essentially the same with some new moves and dead spike being a short range ground projectile now. My favourites Noel, Nu, Platinum and Makoto are easy enough no major differences except Noel's Astral Heat is now a counterattack akin to Hakumen's but if you use classic Noel she'll have both the new and old Astral Heat. Rachel still feels a little nerfed but still fun to play but we can't have her back to how she was in Calamity Trigger...

Can't remember much else but the main change that takes getting used to is the overdrive since it has removed a few characters' distortion drives such as Ragna's Blood Kain or Taokaka's Almost Becoming Two.

I can't really say much else since last time I played was a while back but it is easy enough to get used to the changes from what I remember.

• Like 1

I wouldn't call it reboots like you have but more like tweaks.

Jin doesn't feel too different although limiting how to perform set moves and altering their functionality took some getting used too it isn't too bad, Ragna is essentially the same with some new moves and dead spike being a short range ground projectile now. My favourites Noel, Nu, Platinum and Makoto are easy enough no major differences except Noel's Astral Heat is now a counterattack akin to Hakumen's but if you use classic Noel she'll have both the new and old Astral Heat. Rachel still feels a little nerfed but still fun to play but we can't have her back to how she was in Calamity Trigger...

Can't remember much else but the main change that takes getting used to is the overdrive since it has removed a few characters' distortion drives such as Ragna's Blood Kain or Taokaka's Almost Becoming Two.

I can't really say much else since last time I played was a while back but it is easy enough to get used to the changes from what I remember.

You know, I was very curious about about the Blood Kain. I rely on it for combos in Extended and wondered how that'd factor into using Devoured by Darkness. Is that move just it's own Distortion Drive now?

Or does it take an Overdrive to use it?

I tried renaming the topic. I failed. I haven't become that proficient with this site yet.  :ninja:

Devoured by Darkness doesn't need Overdrive but using Overdrive enhances Distortion Drives by making them Overdrives by increasing damage, hits and altering the attack animation as well.

I'm going to like that. I don't know if I can manage with a 5 second enhancement, but at least now I won't lose HP and all my moves get a boost rather than just his normals.

I was finally gettting the hang of Ragna in Extended, to the point where I was kinda holding my own against better Ragna players. With the hit pause changed, I assume that I'll have to re-work some of my combos...