Favourite Power and Least Favourite?

nate_drake117

i found that on evil, expert  difficulty neon was my best friend but on good video is the best if ask me. the stealth is awesome. you can keep filling your supermove so fast al fights are just cake.

just got the plat so :yay:  its to easy compared to the old ones but good that you dont need a guide at all to plat this game.

Enjoy your powers :lol:

OEz800.png

After messing around with all of them; smoke and concrete are great for combat, video has the best rocket power (well lock on swords) and neon has the best karmic strike. Then for movement around the map, neon and video. Concrete is really powerful but i would have liked to see a karmic ability and being able to restore your bar by getting it off the ground not having to find concrete guy.

I'd have to say neon is my favorite and concrete is my least favorite. Concrete just seems underdeveloped and you get it way too late imo. Neon is just so powerful and fun; you can basically wipe out waves with ease with it's karmic strike and get anywhere with just holding down circle. Not too mention that it's purty :yay:

Smoke is my favorite, I just find the ability to zip in and out of combat amazing and so useful. And it's also really fulfilling to be zipping around the battlefield causing destruction. The Karmic Streak is also just too good not to use, on my evil run, I once got off 4-5 orbital strikes in one area. Didn't get tired of that.

My least favorite would be neon and concrete, just didn't find either that useful apart from using neon to cover distances and even then video does that much better with flying imho. 

In order from most favorite to least

1. Neon(Infinite run and one shot kills with head shots is to much fun)
  2. Video(Really like being able to summon demons and pretty much fly)
  3. Smoke(The rockets are nice but the karmic strike sucks if anything is above you which is annoying)
  4. Concrete(Didn't like it at all aside from when you have to use it i haven't used it since)
  • Like 1

I'd have to say neon is my favorite and concrete is my least favorite. Concrete just seems underdeveloped and you get it way too late imo. Neon is just so powerful and fun; you can basically wipe out waves with ease with it's karmic strike and get anywhere with just holding down circle. Not too mention that it's purty :yay:

Okay after beating the game on both path choices, I'm going to tweak my answer a little bit. 

For a "Good" campaign: My post above applies. It's easy to snipe weak spots, stasis is excellent crowd control, and you're very mobile. Neon seems to be made with this karmic approach in mind.

For an "Evil" campaign: Video appears to be preferred. Neon doesn't have the slow down this time around which definitely takes away some of its edge later on. Video never falls off and allows you to be the aggressor. Your melee is stronger, longer shot duration, more sword missiles to shoot, and you can summon three demons while invisible. It definitely makes the harder difficulty manageable. Concrete is still poorly implemented.

But that's just me. Like I said I did play on expert for my second run through(Evil) so maybe that's why Neon seemed inadequate.

Edited by xzeusyx

depends, for the good karma i loved to use smoke in fights and neon to run across the map :)

i'm gonna use neon skills for the bad karma because headshots are then filling the karmic strike really fast and its so strong.

the least useful power is concrete (for me).

due to u get it at the end of the game and its nothing really "new" and you go on with the powers you already had..

1) Neon

2) Video

3) Smoke

Video would be last, but I love the rapid fire and the sword rocket thing.  I've honestly never really used Smoke since way back before I got Neon.  Neon is definitely the best for travelling, and I love its Karmic Streak.  Its rocket ability is good, but I'm not the biggest fan of how it needs to be charged, I think I like Video's better, or even Smoke's.  I don't have Concrete yet, but I'm pretty close to the end of the game (85%, all collectibles except the one Blast Shard at the end)

Also, my run is Evil karma, if it matters.  I have no idea how Good karma differs with the powers, I never looked at its upgrades or tried a Good karma run.  Probably will down the line though.  Second Son is making me want to replay Infamous 2.

Edited by Sonic

• 7 months later...

I played basically the whole game with Video, going invisible to kill enemies while my summoned Angels/Demons distracted them. And the flying was so helpful for getting around the city. Least favourite was concrete, it was powerful sure but I didn't like how I had to find one of the guys to recharge it, I mostly just ran out and switched to something else.

I've just Platted the game, and Neon was definitely my favourite. Best karmic streak by far and the fast travelling by holding down the Circle was really handy for getting around. Concrete power should have been given much earlier in the game, as I actually found it kinda fun.

I didn't dislike any of the powers at all to be honest.

My favorites in order:-

1. Neon

2. Smoke

3. Video

4. Concrete

• 4 weeks later...

Smoke is my favorite of course,the best...Concrete is the worst,no Karmic Streak,no Subdue or Execute...plus only one melee animation.Gotta say it was really lame of SP.

1 - Smoke

2 - Video

3 - Neon

4 - Concrete

Gotta say Neon is boss with Evil karma though.

• 7 months later...