Favourite Power and Least Favourite?

nate_drake117

I find they each have their own pros and cons.

Smoke - Great for fights, but I don't like it when I want to travel.

Neon - Good for fights and I like sprinting everywhere when travelling, I find when you're hovering (holding  :cross:) that you fall to the ground quicker, maybe just me?

Video - Awesome, a great one for travelling, the wings look awesome.

Concrete - I didn't get much use for it, by the time I got it I had all side missions and collectables done, so I can't really say if it's much good, only used it when I had to use it. 

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just finished the game.  I agree with others that some powers are stronger on a Good playthrough then they are on an Evil one, but I still rank them the same.

1. Video

2. Smoke

3. Neon

4. Concrete

Concrete might have been fun, but since we get to use it for less than 5 mins before the end of the game, I really wouldn't know, lol.  That'd why I ranked it last, and I imagine others did the same for this very reason.  On my good playthrough I had 100% completion after beating Augustine and I couldn't find anyone to drain concrete from (and didn't really need to, so I just moved on), and after my evil playthrough on expert I had the plat after finishing the story, so I never used Concrete after that.  Ironically I played First Light before this game, and I really liked Fetch's fully upgraded Neon powers.  However in this game, with the one exception of the awesome karma attack (and I guess fast wall climb before getting Video powers), I actually didn't like Neon at all.  For a 'fast' power, it slowed the game down way too much at time, especially focused aim just trying to line up headshots.  In a lot of ways I much preferred the AOE attacks as aiming in infamous games has always been a bit rough. In this regard, Smoke and Video were more fun, and ultimately I preferred Video.  Invisibility, Demon/Angel summons, rapid fire R2 attacks, and a really powerful melee attack (2-3 hits on non-boss units even on expert) trumped the Cinder? missiles, which I found was Smoke's main redeeming quality.

With all that said, compared to the first 2 games, I really didn't like these powers.  Cole's powers felt fluid, and upgrading them made you feel more and more invincible.  In this game the powers, even fully upgraded, don't feel capable of taking down even basic DUPs en masse.  After spending hours clearing out every district and getting all blast shards, I felt like each power should always have an 'oh shit' button for when you get swarmed, but they don't.  Yeah, you got karma attack if you have an active streak, but Smoke's kinda sucks and Video is only decent.  If you happen to be using Neon, and aren't pulling your hair out trying to get streaks before dying, especially on expert, then sure, that karma attack will wreck everyone.  But most of the time I needed the base fire power from video or smoke to clear sectors, and didn't have time to drain Neon when I needed a 'get out of jail' card on the spot.  I also found the fact that you had to drain a power to switch and could only use 1 at a time to be kinda shitty.  Maybe the devs couldn't get it to work where you select 1 of your 4 powers with one of the 4 directional buttons on the d-pad, which is how I assumed it would work going into it, but making karma L3 or R3 and using the d-pad for fast switching would have made the game a lot more fun.  This game, however, is 4th on my list when factoring in characters, powers, gameplay, and worst of all, lighting.  Half the time I couldn't see shit, even with the brightness up most of the way.  The light and dark effects were awful, and I don't remember that being an issue even in First Light.  Either way, being 4th out of the 4 infamous games I've played means this one is in last place.  It was ok.  I'm glad it's over.  Not sure why things changed so drastically since the first 2 games, but maybe the devs will bring back the magic of those games if they plan to make anymore.  Otherwise, I'd be happier if they focused on a new Sly game (which who knows, maybe they are).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

1. Neon (running forever, exploration, sniping, and it's flashy.) 

2. smoke (ultimate is great for eliminating groups and flashy, great for fighting in general)

3.video (primarily for fighting as well because of rapid fire mode but smoke is better)

4. concrete (didn't have much use in end game content)

• 1 month later...

My personal rank is:

1. Neon - I got the Infamous FL platinum trophy before playing SS, so it was a power that I was already very familiar with. Not only that, but the fact that you could run fast and forever anytime you wanted, and climb everything with it (except Augustine's building, of course) was very useful IMO, when exploring or even when trying to hide or run away. I also liked the snipping, and the power was graphically gorgeous. The Neon's Ultimate was the one I used the most. Even though in FL, this power is more deeply explored, it was also the power I mostly used in this game.

2. Smoke - The first power in the game. Since I started to invest in some side quests early on, I managed to get used to it. Since I was used to FL's Neon, exploring with the Smoke power was a bit frustrating for me, which is IMO the con of this power. However, I really liked the ultimate move (careful with the roofs!). The moves I used the most were the missiles, which were nice when I wanted to be aggresive and healing myself by going through pipes whenever things were getting difficult.

3. Video - I do not dislike this power, even though I didn't give it much use, used it only when necessary. Even though it was a very fast-paced power, I was already OK with the Neon and the Smoke power. My favourite move was the Sword Missiles one which is also useful and the dash move is really handy when you want to run away quickly.

4. Concrete - Storywise, I understand that after getting this power, Delsin could not use his other powers for a while, making it the only power available when going against Augustine's final form. Yet, it dissapointed me the fact that it was the only power available for a final battle. Yet, since this power is only available after finishing the story, I ended up not using it, since I completed all side quests before finishing the story. Plus, three powers were already enough, why having a fourth?

• 2 months later...

1 - Video: Didnt realize how great this power was on my first play through because I only stuck with Smoke and Neon; only used Video when I had to. Fully upgraded, the homing missiles are stronger than the Smoke rockets; one barrage will take out the APVs while it takes 3 Smoke rockets. Theres no charging like the Neon heavy attack either. The regular beam is basically a rapid fire laser. Add in invisibility, calling in angels/demons to draw aggro, flight and wall scaling...its one of the best all around. Only drawback is its tough to find a Video charge station sometimes. There are some on ground level but mostly on rooftops.

2/3 - Smoke/Neon: These 2 are interchangeable. Smoke for combat since theres smoke everywhere to recharge quick. Neon for travel in the first 2/3 of the game. Everything else about these 2 has been mentioned in all the above posts.

4 - Concrete: Too little, too late. Already cleared all 13 districts 100% on my first play through so there was no incentive to run around with it "end game".

edit: Video powers for Evil Karma is way better than Good Karma. 5 Homing Swords vs 3, regular beam is also stronger and summon 3 demons vs 1 angel.

Edited by Gryfter