Prof. Run with only 15 saves needed for the plat?

SairenOne

I am very sorry if this is clarified somewhere in this forum. I didn't find an answer. Some people talk about a professional run with only 15 saves. Is this for the S+ Rank or is this only for the cat ears?

Am i forced to play Prof. with only 15 saves for the platinum?

S+ Rank isn't necessary for the platinum, however it's recently been discovered that getting S+ on Pro pops both the S+ on Standard and S+ on Hardcore trophies, so it could replace two runs if you wanted to do it that way.

Edit: the 15 saves is a requirement for an S+ ranking, and getting that ranking unlocks the car ears

Edited by DeadmanStrife
  • Like 3

AH okay. Right now i`m only missing standard s+ and hardcore s+ trophies and the all weapons trophy.

I do prof. with Sweeper under 5,30 hours and only 15 saves to pop standard s+ and hardcore s+.

than i run prof. again with the cat ears and have all the time i want to finish this.

nice. thank you both!

13 hours ago, DeadmanStrife said:

and getting that ranking unlocks the car ears

A pair of Side-view mirrors on Leon's head so he can see behind himself?

Ba dum tisch!

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GoldenComix said:

what need to unlock cat ears?
complete game in proffesional on S+ rank

now how to do S+ on pro with easy way?

There is no "easy" way. It is going to be a challenge regardless. Best preparation for pro S+ is Ashleys armor (A rank hardcore), chicken hat (S+ rank hardcore) and chicago sweeper (A rank professional).

Cat ears are not needed for any of the trophies.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, I-Kami-I said:

There is no "easy" way. It is going to be a challenge regardless. Best preparation for pro S+ is Ashleys armor (A rank hardcore), chicken hat (S+ rank hardcore) and chicago sweeper (A rank professional).

Cat ears are not needed for any of the trophies.

ok.. my last question

Do we have to start a new game to get S+ rank?  is that possible on NG+ ? my mean can we play first run on lower difficulty without using typing machine and just used auto save.. then started NG+ with under 15 save and under 5:30 h time?

On 31/03/2023 at 0:19 PM, I-Kami-I said:

3rd Run: NG professional with chicago sweeper and Ashleys armor. Do requests 1-7, skip 8 (savage mutt), do 9 - this should net you 30 spinels if you got some from breakables or the DLC treasures. Fully upgrade the chicago sweeper. Buy and use rocket launcher for giant, salazar and saddler. S+ rank, so be on your toes.

4th Run: NG professional with cat ears and Ashleys armor. Weapon progression: SG-09 into Red9, W-870 into riotgun into striker, SR M1903 into CQBR, broken butterfly into killer7. In the beginning upgrade the shotguns for damage, you get your money back by selling them. Upgrade the broken butterfly for damage, upgrade CQBR for damage, upgrade CQBR. Take the run slow and save often.

Potentially could you make a save in the castle before using the Chicago Sweeper or other bonus weapons, then go back to it for the handcannon run, to skip having to do the village again?
I would think that once unlocked the cat ears would still be available even when you load an older save, I could be wrong about that though.

37 minutes ago, CtrlAltPhil said:

Potentially could you make a save in the castle before using the Chicago Sweeper or other bonus weapons, then go back to it for the handcannon run, to skip having to do the village again?
I would think that once unlocked the cat ears would still be available even when you load an older save, I could be wrong about that though.

Yes, you absolutely can and save some good time and nerves with that! I did it and can confirm. Just be sure to not use the chicago sweeper or the primal knife up to that point.

Edited by I-Kami-I

On 3/31/2023 at 4:19 AM, I-Kami-I said:

5th Run: NG+ assisted with cat ears and Ashleys armor. Run is to clean up restricting trophies. I already had no healing, but I added that again just to see how annoying it is. So pistol/knife only, no healing and no merchant. It is easy. Stick with the Red9 all is fine. Sure you will die here and there because of some lucky hits, but this is not considered hard - just bad luck. Switch to chicken hat for knife battle against krauser in chapter 11.

Platinum achieved.

How do you switch clothing accessories during a playthrough?   Do you just need to back out to the main menu? I thought it was locked in at the start?

10 minutes ago, ZZ383 said:

How do you switch clothing accessories during a playthrough?   Do you just need to back out to the main menu? I thought it was locked in at the start?

Accessories can be switch in-game while out of combat. Costumes are indeed locked and have to be changed in main menu.

On 3/30/2023 at 1:45 PM, Optinooby said:

do the Professional S+ using Chicago Sweeper just so that we can unlock and use Cat Ears for the Professional without bonus weapons playthrough, that is all (cat ears give infinite ammo and is not considered a bonus weapon). Though is purely just an opinion, there many ways to approach the platinum

So after unlocking the Sweeper (A rank on Professional, NG+ can be used), you can unlock it again in NG? So you can do Professional S+ with the Sweeper? It's not a bonus weapon (won't block unlocking the Handcannon?)

@I-Kami-I

Edited by MikeCheck--

5 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

So after unlocking the Sweeper (A rank on Professional, NG+ can be used), you can unlock it again in NG? So you can do Professional S+ with the Sweeper? It's not a bonus weapon?

Unlocked weapons are always in your storage despite difficulty or NG. The 3 or better said 4 unlocked weapons are the bonus weapons.

3 are bought in the in main menu (primal knife, chicago sweeper and handcannon), while the 4th is bought for 2mil at the merchant in NG+ (it also only stays for that run only).

Best is to do start your NG professional run without using the primal knife and chicago sweeper in the village part.

Once you reach Chapter 7 you do a separate save.

Get the primal knife and chicago sweeper out of your storage and upgrade the sweeper with the exclusive ticket and its damage as much as possible.

If you manage your S+ rank and unlocked the cat ears load up your other separate save and use any regular weapon that you wish to beat the game.

@MikeCheck--

Edited by I-Kami-I

30 minutes ago, I-Kami-I said:

Unlocked weapons are always in your storage despite difficulty or NG.

I see, but the Chicago Sweeper = is a bonus weapon, right? So unlocking the Handcannon isn't possible in the same S+ Pro run if you use the Sweeper. You can start a Professional NG and unlock the Sweeper with Spinels. This'll make S+ easier on Professional, but a separate run on NG Pro will be needed to unlock the Handcannon, right? 

If this is the case then I guess the only benefit to S+ ranking NG Pro (using the Sweeper) is to save one run since Pro S+ stacks with Hardcore S+ and Standard S+. Saving 5 hours and unlocking Cat Ears.

Interesting, players would need add a third Pro run, but save on not needing another run. 

1. NG+ Pro A rank (Use infinite RPG to A rank, and unlock Sweeper)
  2. NG Pro S+ rank, obtain 30 Spinel's to unlock Sweeper infinite ammo, complete with S+ to unlock trophies for S+ Hardcore and S+ Standard + Cat Ears.
  3. NG Pro without using any bonus weapons (can use Cat Ears?) - to unlock the Handcannon.

Is this correct? 

Edited by MikeCheck--

1 minute ago, MikeCheck-- said:

I see, but the Chicago Sweeper = is a bonus weapon, right? So unlocking the Handcannon isn't possible in the same S+ Pro run if you use the Sweeper. You can start a Professional NG and unlock the Sweeper with Spinels. This'll make S+ easier on Professional, but a separate run on NG Pro will be needed to unlock the Handcannon, right? 

If this is the case then I guess the only benefit to S+ ranking NG Pro (using the Sweeper) is to save one run since Pro S+ stacks with Hardcore S+ and Standard S+. Saving 5 hours and unlocking Cat Ears. Interesting. 

Yes, my idea was always to unlock the cat ears first, because I thought having infinite ammo for a handcannon run is more beneficial than the chicken hat.

So you start 1 NG professional run and split it in the Castle with 2 separate saves.

One will continue with the sweeper and primal knife to get the S+ rank.

And once you got your S+ rank you continue with the other save. With the cat ears and regular weapons like the broken butterfly, striker or CQBR in your bag to achieve the requirement for the handcannon.

3 minutes ago, I-Kami-I said:

So you start 1 NG professional run and split it in the Castle with 2 separate saves.

One will continue with the sweeper and primal knife to get the S+ rank.

And once you got your S+ rank you continue with the other save. With the cat ears and regular weapons like the broken butterfly, striker or CQBR in your bag to achieve the requirement for the handcannon.

I've seen you around on the forums a lot, so thank you very much for your help! I never even thought of splitting a save like that. Quite genius and very cheeky!

• Fresh Pro NG - continue at a fast speed to obtain S+ (sub 5:30hrs), and obtain 30 spinel's along with way.
  • First save, use spinel's to unlock the exclusive upgrade ticket for Sweeper infinite ammo, and use the primal knife to get S+ rank. Beat the game to unlock cat ears. Bonus weapons don't lock out S+ rank?
  • Second save, equip Cat Ears obtained from the first save, and complete the game using NON-BONUS weapons to unlock the handcannon?
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

I've seen you around on the forums a lot, so thank you very much for your help! I never even thought of splitting a save like that. Quite genius and very cheeky!

• Fresh Pro NG - continue at a fast speed to obtain S+ (sub 5:30hrs), and obtain 30 spinel's along with way.
  • First save, use spinel's to unlock the exclusive upgrade ticket for Sweeper infinite ammo, and use the primal knife to get S+ rank. Beat the game to unlock cat ears. Bonus weapons don't lock out S+ rank?
  • Second save, equip Cat Ears obtained from the first save, and complete the game using NON-BONUS weapons to unlock the handcannon?

Thank you!

And exactly that. And no, bonus/unlockable weapons are good to go for S+ ranks. The only requirements are time and for professional the extra 15 saves limit.

Good luck on your attempts!