Beyond the Stars - Am I missing something or is it just that grindy?

I'm winding down on some of the trophies, and figured I would focus on 999'er and Beyond the Stars so that I can have one or more stronger characters for finishing series quests. However, I'm noticing getting star levels is a huge grind. I already knew it was 100k exp per level but it seems you can't get more than 9999 exp per battle? I took a team into a battle with growth eggs and exp boosts on my summon and it said 9999 was all I got.

So again, I knew it would be a grind but... doing some really rough math here, if every star level is 100k, and I get roughly 10k per battle.... I gotta do 80-90 battles just to get nine star levels and the trophy? That seems excessive. Or am I missing something?

Edited by Veritas7Ax

14 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Nope, it's just a grind. I don't think there's any way to go past 9,999 exp per song. Once you get a strong team, you can usually throw a silver egg while you're doing quests and hit 9,999 pretty easy on most songs. 

Thanks for confirming. Oof alright then. I guess I should have started this earlier then, but oh well. Just take it a bit at a time. And yeah, you're right, silver seems sufficient enough on some stages. So maybe to save time, I'll try to tackle some of the series quests now, rather than waiting for the max stats character(s). Then I can finish the rest later.

2 hours ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

It's a 25% plat, it's probably not THAT much of a grind

I've had much worse, but having to do another 80+ songs when I just finished the "play/clear all songs" trophies feels like a lot right now. But again, part of that is probably my fault for waiting this long to really start caring about the star levels. But yeah, since I still have like 48% or so of the series quests left, I can kinda do both at once.

• 1 month later...
On 4/2/2023 at 8:26 PM, Veritas7Ax said:

I've had much worse, but having to do another 80+ songs when I just finished the "play/clear all songs" trophies feels like a lot right now. But again, part of that is probably my fault for waiting this long to really start caring about the star levels. But yeah, since I still have like 48% or so of the series quests left, I can kinda do both at once.

oh cmon, thats just another endless setlist from rock band worth of songs :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...