Chicken Races Money Exploit has been patched.

BrianMX34

Per the patch notes for the 1.05 update, they've patched the exploit for chicken races to make easy money. Glad I got most of the money grind out of the way already.

It states: "Fixed an error wherein certain inputs would open and close chicken races simultaneously."

RIP

https://steamdb.info/patchnotes/10918362/

Edited by BrianMX34
Added more information.

3 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

when did this go live? i grinded tags yesterday. Though im now done with the game so idc. Curious though.

Probably a few hours ago. I looked at my PS5 and it said a patch was downloaded 3 hours ago, so I looked it up.

4 minutes ago, BrianMX34 said:

Probably a few hours ago. I looked at my PS5 and it said a patch was downloaded 3 hours ago, so I looked it up.

ah that makes sense. I already deleted the game. Too lazy to check but if i played unpatched, could i use my current saves or is it going to pull the same BS "please update your game" crap that ive seen a few times.

30 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

ah that makes sense. I already deleted the game. Too lazy to check but if i played unpatched, could i use my current saves or is it going to pull the same BS "please update your game" crap that ive seen a few times.

You would have to update your game to use your saves. If your save is on version 1.04 then your game would have to be at least that or higher. You can't choose what patch to download, it will always download the most recent. So if you want to play the game, then you have to update it.

2 minutes ago, BrianMX34 said:

You would have to update your game to use your saves. If your save is on version 1.04 then your game would have to be at least that or higher. You can't choose what patch to download, it will always download the most recent. So if you want to play the game, then you have to update it.

i have disc. If im not connected to internet i can play it unpatched. However yeah id need to start a new save. But i have 300k tags, so im fine for Ryo if i ever continued. Plus you get 200Ryo for competition 

4 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

i have disc. If im not connected to internet i can play it unpatched. However yeah id need to start a new save. But i have 300k tags, so im fine for Ryo if i ever continued. Plus you get 200Ryo for competition 

You're gonna need A LOT more Ryo than that. I've spent more than 2,000(yes, thousand) ryo on crafting so far and I still have a couple more stuff to craft lol. Several swords are 375 ryo each to craft and then there's all the other stuff as well. It's expensive lol

Edited by BrianMX34
correction

14 minutes ago, BrianMX34 said:

You're gonna need A LOT more Ryo than that. I've spent more than 2,000(yes, thousand) ryo on crafting so far and I still have a couple more stuff to craft lol. Several swords are 375 ryo each to craft and then there's all the other stuff as well. It's expensive lol

the crafting and RNG for seals is why i decided not to bother. lol

• Like 1

Is there any way to downgrade to 1.04? I did that for Final Fantasy XV, to get multiplayer trophies while that MP was no longer supported. Would be nice because I do like the added seal and material drops of 1.04, but losing the chicken race exploit is a seriously massive bummer...

22 minutes ago, Brabantgamer777 said:

Is there any way to downgrade to 1.04? I did that for Final Fantasy XV, to get multiplayer trophies while that MP was no longer supported. Would be nice because I do like the added seal and material drops of 1.04, but losing the chicken race exploit is a seriously massive bummer...

If you're on PS4 and have a link handy for the 1.04 patch, you can just use the same proxy server trick you did for FF 15 and play on that lower version :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

6 hours ago, Akrioz said:

Just when I though that after patching sels drop rates it finally time to get the game on sale. they decided to introduce more grind. Will it increase the time to plat significantly?

It could potentially add some time as it'll make the platinum time further reliant on the drops you get during the dungeon grind. 

You'll now have to rely mostly on selling items back for money. To craft everything, you need thousands of ryo's which is a ton but if you get fortunate with Dragon Hawk drops, those sell for 200 ryo a piece and other items that sell for a lot of money during the grind in the final dungeon so money could potentially be no issue at all if you're lucky or a big issue if you're not. 

Regardless, you're going to have to grind a ton either way no matter what patch you use due to the RNG nature of the crafting system. 

I wouldn’t worry that much, after getting the golden gun at the start of the game via chicken racing I didn’t touch it again. You get so many drops in the dungeon runs now you can just sell those and it gets you tons of virtue too.

Running the gun dungeon in Sanadas Stronghold for exp will get you tons of weapon drops each run that sell from anywhere from 13 ryo to 75 ryo. By the time I had all the materials and levels I needed I had plenty of ryo from running 3-20 and the gun dungeon 

While it is a bummer that it got patched it was ultimately only good for very early in the game and no other time since this isn't like the original game.

Because of how much you have to grind Sanada Stronghold 15 for EXP and 20 for drops, the amount of money you gain due to the new drop rates is astronomical. I got the platinum with over 5,000 ryo in my inventory left over before the 1.04 patch drop rate increase factored into anything. Once I started going for some other stuff outside of the platinum like getting to 99 again and getting every style maxed out after being limit broken after the 1.04 patch I was sitting on over 20,000 ryo I had nothing to use on. It's not a really big deal.