Dodging 200 Lightning bolts Easy Mode

Hikaru_Masaru

Ok so all you have to do is go to the first part of Thunder Plains from Guado home and head half way to Rin Agency. There should be a Crater beside one of the lightning towers. If you step inside the crater each time a lightning bolt is forced to hit down every time. Just time the dodge right and get the rythem pause if needed between. Should take no more than hour or so to get.

• Like 2

There are several spots along the Thunder Plains which make lightning bolts appear with a sort of fixed frequency. Check out Youtube for plenty of videos showing places to do this. No matter how you do it, this task is gonna take some serious time and it'll be tiring. A piece of equipment with the 'No Encounters' skill can be incredibly useful here.

Thanks for the tip though, it's great news for those struggling with bolts, I won't be doing it anytime soon :) 

• Like 1

You can't do that anymore, the old tip system has been superseded by the new guide system. You used to be able to write a tip for a single trophy, but now you have to write a guide for the entire game if you want to do that. Still, this is good info.

O.o the tips are better...

• Like 1

No, Onion Knight is obtained at the Baaj Temple. Dodging 200 LB in a row just gets you the sigil to fully power up the Onion Knight.

I was about to write exactly this :) but in the end, we will need to dodge 200 for the trophy and we will get the sigil in the process this will be my last trophy.

It makes sense since its the only way to acquire Lulu's Onion Knight.

The sigil, not the weapon.

Edited by Marcelo

I was able to get the 200 dodges last night early in the game without 'no encounters' gear.

Basically I found a spot where I was up against a wall/corner and kept running in place into the corner.  This prevents random encounters since you are running in place but still allows lightning bolts to strike.  This is a tougher method from the "no encounters crater method" since the bolt pattern is unpredictable but if you are hard-up to get this done early, and you like a challenge, give it a shot.  I did get stuck in a handful of random encounters from Titus jumping backwards away from the corner but not too many.

FYI I did this on the Vita to avoid any potential input lag. 

• Like 1

Yea I did a bit of that the way I always done back on the ps2 when I first complete it. I didn't have the no encounter gear cuz I lvl grind a bit while dodging. I went to the spot right beside the 1st tower in the northern part of the thunder plains move to the same spot dodge move a bit to get back in place and fight any fiends that pop up and stand still till lightning hit. Only thing everyone have to worry about is if they do it on the ps3 the input lag so best to have an old t.v. if you like me who can't change my t.v. from using hd. The lightning always hit the same spot only timing vary just a lil bit but if you take your time and remain calm then you good to go with this method you getting group really strong early.

• 2 weeks later...

I found the best way to attempt this is by doing all 200 in 1 go without any breaks. I found I got myself into a rhythm and by stopping every X amount of bolts to rest just put me off and I seemed to screw up then. It may not work for everybody but it sure was the easiest way I found. Hope this helps anybody trying for the trophy. :-)

• Like 1

What helped me get through this was by looking at the different shades in the ground near by the spot provided by the guide here in PSNProfiles, it is quite difficult to explain but near the crater hole there is a small light shaded circle, upon stepping it after going around in order for it the lightning bolt to "recharge", immediately input  :cross:. Even if I were to input my command earlier or later, Tidus would always avoid the lightning strike, it's also best to do it in one go, pausing in between really disrupted my rythm and didn't help at all. This info is provided by someone who didn't even attempt this on the PS2 but I did manage to do this on my 4th attempt. Best of luck!

Edited by Gay_Angel

Its rather that my controller is really messed up, or that i'm just really bad at this (probably that one) but i continue to screw up near the hundreds, and i'm about 110% sure that i would be in the 400's if i hadn't messed up so many damned times.

Oh well, lets just hope i don't rip my eyes out of my head out of pure anger.

Its rather that my controller is really messed up, or that i'm just really bad at this (probably that one) but i continue to screw up near the hundreds, and i'm about 110% sure that i would be in the 400's if i hadn't messed up so many damned times.

Oh well, lets just hope i don't rip my eyes out of my head out of pure anger.

LOL you can follow the video that MidnightRadiance wrote on the first page! This tip also works well and is effective  ! ;)