How much Ryo is needed to platinum the game?

Saw that there's a patch that patches the chicken races money strat but I don't have updates turned on so was going to try and grind it for Ryo while I can so I don't have to worry about a lack of money. Is it worth it to grind or are there better ways?

How much money do you even need for the plat?

Like was said in another thread, drops from dungeons are so numerous now you don’t have to worry about money at all. You can sell all the equipment drops you get running sandas dungeon and you’ll have thousands of ryo and more virtue than you’ll ever need 

• Like 1

Money shouldn't be an issue unless you get really unlucky with item drops during the dungeon grind and with the recent patch that improved drop rates, you'd have to be exceptionally unlucky to have issues with not having enough money. You get so many valuable item drops during this that you can sell back that you should accumulate more than enough money to craft everything you need and even have plenty left over. 

The only thing the chicken races give you is the Golden Gun which I believe is needed for a seal and ultimately the platinum but I'm not 100% certain on that. I've read somewhere that you need at least one of the golden weapons for 100% completion and the only other one is the sword which is an even worse grind to get so I hope that's not true. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

Like was said in another thread, drops from dungeons are so numerous now you don’t have to worry about money at all. You can sell all the equipment drops you get running sandas dungeon and you’ll have thousands of ryo and more virtue than you’ll ever need 

6 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

Money shouldn't be an issue unless you get really unlucky with item drops during the dungeon grind and with the recent patch that improved drop rates, you'd have to be exceptionally unlucky to have issues with not having enough money. You get so many valuable item drops during this that you can sell back that you should accumulate more than enough money to craft everything you need and even have plenty left over. 

The only thing the chicken races give you is the Golden Gun which I believe is needed for a seal and ultimately the platinum but I'm not 100% certain on that. I've read somewhere that you need at least one of the golden weapons for 100% completion and the only other one is the sword which is an even worse grind to get so I hope that's not true. 

I appreciate the info, I already have the golden gun so i guess ill keep in mind sandas dungeon to as a grind spot if I need money. I saw people saying the plat was gonna be a lot harder because of this patch and got worried, but it seems like it will be fine lol