Scared to buy this game : The Witch and the Hundred Knight

Enjoying it very much myself. 24hrs of playtime and almost at the end of chapter 4 (of a total of 11+ chapters) so there is a lot of gametime in this one. If you like Compile Heart and NIS games I guess you'll like this one as well. I can understand people who play Call of Duty, games like that, and never played a true NIS game, won't like it. It's not a strategy game like most NIS games but I'm truely loving this action RPG. Check some gameplay on youtube before you'll decide.

Edited by Carda1972

I preordred the limited edition from NIS, so I should be getting it sometime this week I hope. 

FUCK THE REVIEWS!!! Still going to get it!

Personally I like to judge games through my own experiences rather than listen to the reviews, so if a game seems interesting then I'm going to try it out no matter what the reviews say. 

• Like 2

Definitely going to buy it but waiting for a drop, the minus from this game that concern me more are big for a game to get full price imo: the camera and the environment don't let u see what's happening sometimes, too much stuff happening at the same time.  It looks really fun, i'll just wait some more to get it due what i've watched on videos, i still have many games to complete, so no hurries.

Edited by GoldenShaka

I preordred the limited edition from NIS, so I should be getting it sometime this week I hope. 

Personally I like to judge games through my own experiences rather than listen to the reviews, so if a game seems interesting then I'm going to try it out no matter what the reviews say. 

Yeah I'm the same way. I've played many games that I liked that didnt get great reviews which is why I dont trust reviews

• Like 1

Reviews are just one persons opinion (unless you're one of those people who think reviewers get paid to give good reviews without ever bringing up any evidence) and this seems like a pretty niche genre so it is pretty understandable that it would get bad reviews, a lot of the people who have to review it aren't fans of the genre. 

I enjoy watching reviews, not for the actual content but moreso for the gameplay that a review shows. If I think the game looks fun based off of that gameplay then I'll but the game, regardless of what the score was. 

Parker

• Like 3

I never trust reviews especially when it comes to NiS or JRPG's in general.

With that being said I have reservations on this one as well. I adore NIS but comparisons to Compile Heart games have put me off. The one thing that really keeps me coming back is the writing from the Disgaea team. I guess I'll watch some videos to see if I like Metallia, see if I like her as much ad Laharl, Etna or Flonne. So this is one of the few wait and see NIS titles or me. Would love to see more non fanboy opinions as well.

• Like 1

Well sorry for not being more precise ...

i didnt mean the review scores ... i meant that actually read the whole things, my most scary part was on the story parts they said that the characters and general story wasn't too good.

i didnt mean the review scores ... i meant that actually read the whole things, my most scary part was on the story parts they said that the characters and general story wasn't too good.

A lot of "those reviewers" don't seem to have much love for something that isn't a AAA title from a major publisher.  A lot of "those reviewers" also don't play much of these niche titles and write their reviews based on the fragment of the game they've played, a fragment that often has very little to do with the main plot itself.  It would be like judging a book based on reading a few pages or a movie based on watching two scenes.

I doubt there's a demo for this title, but might I suggest "rent before you buy" and judge for yourself instead of relying upon the opinions of a few people who probably have to crank out multiple reviews per week and don't get the opportunity to enjoy most of what any game has to offer?

This game is being given unfair reviews, mostly because most Americans suck and only care about the next call of duty game. Really though one of the serious game critics gave it a score of 3/10 because Metallia was distasteful. THE CHARACTER THAT IS SUPPOSE TO BE THE MEAN UNLIKABLE CHARACTER WAS DISTASTEFUL!  "Metallia is so immediately distasteful that most players will be turned off in the first hour"

• Like 2

Like everyone else said screw the reviews and make your own choice, but when it comes to being on the fence I usually rent the game, or borrow it from a friend, if possible. I will also just wait till the price drops, you never know when an awesome sale will come along.

This game it's awesome, one of the best JRPG that a I have played in the lasts months, a must buy for JRPG fan, I'm on chapter 10 with 60 Hours and I still keep playing non-stop for like 2 weeks.

And Metallia I'ts one of the best Character I have ever seen ina NIS game, very awesome woman.

Edited by FlareZero
  • Like 2