Texture shimmering on PS5?

Dooleh_404

Has anyone experienced some very fast shimmering textures while playing the PS4 version on their PS5 (or PS4)? The issue is present both on my TV and my monitor, when I tested it over remote play. Basically the textures shimmer when there's a light source nearby, and you move the camera. I'm really hoping it's a shadow effect gone wrong because of a patch, and I'm just trying to figure out if it's a game issue or if it's my PS5.

2 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

if its ps5 issue it'll happen across multiple games.

Since it didn't happen in Tchia, Spider-man, FIFA through 20 to 23 (football trophy grind...) and Tetris, I'm REALLY hoping it's just Rockstar not caring about backwards compatibility.

• 1 month later...
On 07/04/2023 at 4:44 AM, Infected Elite said:

oh damn, i didn't know that! that is some stupid stuff. Dang R*

To elaborate further to those that still does not know this. If we transfer our progress (all our stuff, money, levels and RP) to the PS5, the Rockstar servers will DELETE everything we have on the PS4.  It is not like when the PS4 came out and we still kept our PS3 progress, for some stupid-STUPID reason they have decided to do it differently this time.  I do not see any reason why they should do it this way.

Because of this I will not get the PS5 version, probably play the PS4 version on the PS5 just like @Dooleh_404... I sure hope they bloody change this as I still have to do Criminal Mastermind on the PS4.  I am not going to grind again just to get the stuff needed for the Doomsday Heist.

9 minutes ago, Eispan said:

To elaborate further to those that still does not know this. If we transfer our progress (all our stuff, money, levels and RP) to the PS5, the Rockstar servers will DELETE everything we have on the PS4.  It is not like when the PS4 came out and we still kept our PS3 progress, for some stupid-STUPID reason they have decided to do it differently this time.  I do not see any reason why they should do it this way.

Because of this I will not get the PS5 version, probably play the PS4 version on the PS5 just like @Dooleh_404... I sure hope they bloody change this as I still have to do Criminal Mastermind on the PS4.  I am not going to grind again just to get the stuff needed for the Doomsday Heist.

Meh. I no longer care. Nor do i support last gen.