How does this compare to previous games?

rb8gem9

How does inFAMOUS: Second Son compare to previous games?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. How does inFAMOUS: Second Son compare to previous games?

• It's an improvement for the series.
    • It's just as good as previous games!
    • A little dissappointing.
    • It was an underwhelming experience.
    • This series sucks!

yea i think if there was a third island like the first infamous or a huge island and a normal one like in the second and missions to fill it then it would have been the same length. although the new abilities are fun i miss the electricity. pushing people off a building is just so much fun. apart from length tho i think its about on par with the others.

Just way to short, I bought this game 2 day's ago knowing I would not have that many hours to spend with my PS4 this upcoming month and I have always enjoyed the infamous games for beeing one of those games you can be away from a few days and still pick it up and jump right back into it without feeling you forgot something in the story and so on. 

I didn't really rush the main story but tbh how many main story missions were there? 7-8? Just sad, ah well I will 100% it now in the next few day's and then play through the evil side of the game as well.

Personally I think this is much better than Infamous 1 and quite worse than Infamous 2. Story is not very interesting and very short, it takes almost no time to finish the game even on highest difficulty and even if you collect everything. I have spent much more time with Infamous 2. There is practically no difference between good and bad except few different cutscenes. There was much better difference in Infamous 2. Still its very good game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 7 months later...
On 3/24/2014 at 10:12 AM, rb8gem9 said:

Just curious as to what everyone's opinion is on the game. I personally think Second Son is a fine game, but it does nothing new and does some things worse than previous games. Best thing to be said about Second Son is that its a spectacular graphical showcasing of what the PS4 can accomplish. Here are my thoughts on various aspects of the game:

- I somehow managed to complete and 100% the game in less than two days, not much content there and the side-activities lacked variety and weren't very fun.

- Seattle, while it is beautiful, lacks personality.

- The story here isn't nearly as engaging and interesting as the original games.

- Delsin is a decent enough protagonist, but his brother Reggie is a total buzz-kill throughout most of the game.

- Secondary characters Fetch and the gamer kid (can't remember his name) only exist so that Delsin can gain more abilities, they are never developed and only appear for a short amount of time.

- Augustine is probably the most interesting character in my opinion, and her backstory was quite good. Her twisted ideology in the end had me questioning whether or not i was doing the right thing.

- Core combat is essentially the same, but the enemies (concrete DUP soldiers) were more annoying than fun to engage and the boss battles were bad...good thing there were so few.

- Still can't swim? :giggle:

I would normally write a long and detailed response, but in this case, I don't have to do that. Everything you said perfectly reflects my own feelings towards 'Second Son'.  InFamous 2 is quite possibly one of my favourite video games of all time, sure the karma system is very simple but the overall experience was still great. Shame the series continued with 'Second Son', what a pity. 

Edited by Crispy78923
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I can't comment on Infamous 2, because I never played it. I did not like Infamous all that much, however, so in that light, I think this game is significantly better. I like Delsin better than the Cole of Infamous, and the game looks great. It's true that there isn't a helluva lot of content, and a lot of repetition within that content, but that's fine with me - Infamous grossly overstayed its welcome in my opinion.