Aiming on PS5

richoxer

Guys I'm really struggling with the aiming in this game.

I'm an average player, managed all Uncharted games on Crushing etc etc. But when it comes to lining up shots something just feels off. Either not enough movement when aiming, or too much and I over shoot my direction. I'm not dying or anything, but fights are a bit messy and I feel like I'm watching an 8 year old play.

I'm left handed anyway, so right-thumb aiming is awkward for me personally, but I wondered if anyone else feels the same, or if I just suck that bad.

I've read alot online about Xbox control issues.

• Like 2

Aiming is perfectly fine for me on PS5. Don't feel any input lag and such. Try to lower ''Reticle Deceleration'' to like one or two and see if it helps. Also I recommend turning off adaptive triggers (I just can't play with them on lol). Controller vibration was annoying me too, so I put it ''on (excludes running)'' - something about vibrating after every step puts me off lol. When it comes to camera, I recommend almost Maximum camera speed: Normal gameplay camera put it almost at max, and ''When aiming'' camera at almost 4th. Camera acceleration, I think I left that as it was. Field of view on max (it helps while running bcz initially game camera is way too close for me). I got running camera, camera wobble and motion blur off as well. Display: Frame rate mode, Damage display - weak (it helps with visibility when getting damaged). Lens distortion off, depth of field off - bcz both those option cause graphical glitches on ps5. Other than that, just try different options. ''Reticle Deceleration'' might help u. It's like sort of soft auto aim, because it kinda slow-downs while u got the crosshair on enemy. It's not as annoying as auto aim tho. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, richoxer said:

Guys I'm really struggling with the aiming in this game.

I'm an average player, managed all Uncharted games on Crushing etc etc. But when it comes to lining up shots something just feels off. Either not enough movement when aiming, or too much and I over shoot my direction. I'm not dying or anything, but fights are a bit messy and I feel like I'm watching an 8 year old play.

I'm left handed anyway, so right-thumb aiming is awkward for me personally, but I wondered if anyone else feels the same, or if I just suck that bad.

I've read alot online about Xbox control issues.

Its not just you, I felt the same way after playing for a while, the default settings feel strange.

Ended up messing around with camera speed and acceleration until I found settings I liked.

• Like 1

I play a lot of REs and im finding that its taking me a long time to adjust to the aiming here. Not sure what it is, maybe its because I play a lot of other genres and then have come back here, or maybe they have slightly tweaked something, dunno, but I definitely find it hard to adjust to as well for whatever reason.

I have played with the settings of course, still feels kinda weird, slowly getting the hang of it though

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

The aiming definitely doesn’t feel as good as other third-person RE games. I’ve messed around with the settings and changed some things to make it feel way better. Reticle deceleration is huge because it slows down your aim when you’re over an enemy. This is how aim assist works on controller in most shooters. Here’s what I’ve found to be the best for me as someone who generally plays on higher sensitivity:

Reticle deceleration - 7

Maximum camera speed 

Normal gameplay - 8

When aiming - 6

Camera acceleration

Normal gameplay - 10

When aiming - 3

I’ve heard that keeping your maximum camera speed when aiming about twice as high as camera acceleration when aiming helps make things feel more natural. I had those two higher at first but couldn’t control my aim when scoped in with the rifle. 

• Like 1

It's definitely not as smooth as RE2R (for me). The reticule aiming just feels off, and the red dot sight doesn't make it much better either. I think as you play, you get used to it. I turned on the dot at the middle of the screen so I can pre-aim better.

• Like 1